Cup RACE thread --- Kentucky

Second year in row a dud of race at a dud of a track produces a great finish.

Truex needed to get Harvick sooner. He let the 4 hang on him too long and they started running in to each other down the back. Blaney needed to more aggressive once the 4 and 19 got to leaning on each other.

Rookie Custer drives right around the outside and steals a win. Way to go kid.

Really disappointed that Harvick didnt close it out in the Hunt Bros Ford that was intense at the end.

I lost power during the last laps!!
frusty.gif

Good for Harv to congratulate Cole.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

When was the last time a rookie won in exciting fashion? Probably Denny Hamlin in 2007. :eek:

Technically it’s Justin Haley. I just guess he didn’t count as a rookie.
Is he even in NASCAR?

forgettable race, forgettable driver.

Also, Kyle Busch is deep into the second half of his career.

He very well could go winless this year

Can't blame harvick, he was driving the guts out if that thing. The tap from no pearn set it all in motion.

Harvick was a back marker up until about 50 to go or whenever he got a lucky break with that caution where everyone else had pitted and he was rolling 2and because he hadn't. I'm disappointed with the L but for him to make a top 5 day out of what he had been showing all day long up... wow!! I'll take it. He is going to continue dominating this season and close it out with another championship.

Is he even in NASCAR?

I mean I remembered him so he ain’t forgettable. But since he wasn’t running full time and running for ROTY, it doesn’t count I suppose. But was his 3rd start and all 3 starts was that year.

Is he even in NASCAR?

He runs for Kaulig in Xfinity.

Technically he wasn’t a Cup rookie since he declared for Xfinity points so I’d guess that’s why.

I don't think Custer is an otherworldly talent but he's a young hungry driver trying to prove himself. Should put the wheel holders that never win like Almirola, Bowyer, on notice. Yes it was a fluke but he did what he needed to do

Sometimes you get lucky with a rain shower, or fog, but that kid flat drove it and made the right move at the very last second. What a day for Cole. I was doing KN support when he was running there and he was always a dedicated young kid and so humble. Cant imagine how great this feels for him.

I don't think Custer is an otherworldly talent but he's a young hungry driver trying to prove himself. Should put the wheel holders that never win like Almirola, Bowyer, on notice. Yes it was a fluke but he did what he needed to do
has a top 5 two top tens and a win..fluke?

Back
Top Bottom