Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

The 9 isn't far off after today. I expect to to contend the next couple weeks.
Man, I wish I shared your optimism. It just seems that all the gains the team made in the playoffs last year are gone.

I took in the first 55 laps or so and wasn't enjoying the race so I stopped watching but I did see that last few laps. Not saying it was bad racing or Nascar is dying or anything like that just that I wasn't entertained. Congrats to the 4 team and the spiffy performance they evidently displayed again. Obviously I did not see enough of the race to give it a rating.

I didn't see much racing, and what there was wasn't for the lead. What I saw was one car leading and 36 others just trying to keep up, and failing miserably. Unless you're a Harvick fan, I'm not sure what there was to get excited about.

I respectfully disagree as there is all types of racing and for some people what was shown today wasn't up to par. What you said would be like someone saying "Don't understand any rating over 7. I just assume anyone who rates a race higher just doesnt know the difference between a dull show and a good show." This is only my opinion.

Shout out to Aric Almirola. 11, 13, 10th so far.

Damn shame for Danica that the #10 team only found some speed in that car after she left.
whistling.gif

I didn't see much racing, and what there was wasn't for the lead. What I saw was one car leading and 36 others just trying to keep up, and failing miserably. Unless you're a Harvick fan, I'm not sure what there was to get excited about.

Lol I'm a Kyle Busch fan and that race was pretty good. Harvick is tuned in right now and is going to be tough to beat but I guess a guy dominating isn't good. How can anyone not be impressed with the 4 team and how they've started out?

or (heaven forbid) .......... just don't enjoy what you call racing

Or they forgot to watch and because there was no big one they found it boring.

I enjoy the big one just as much as anyone else but today and last week has just been a clinic by the 4 team. Plus there was some good racing behind the 4 which I think alot missed for some reason.

Lol I'm a Kyle Busch fan and that race was pretty good. Harvick is tuned in right now and is going to be tough to beat but I guess a guy dominating isn't good. How can anyone not be impressed with the 4 team and how they've started out?

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan, :DGoodyear brought a tire that had tremendous fall off. Something you heard around here for years was the good ol days when a driver would get 4 fresh ones and run up thru the field. It happened all day long. KDB stretched out his tire runs and unlike Keselowski who came in for tires ASAP and fell like a rock the last stage, KDB saved his tires and had fresher tires for the last stint. KDB made a hell of a run for the lead. Truex's bunch made a mistake and stayed out and they blew by him. He caught a lucky caution and finished 4th but he would have been done for if that wouldn't have happened. Two cars that were "Mr. where did he come from in the top ten" were Paul Menard and Eric Almirola.

This thread proves that no one hates NASCAR and NASCAR racing more than NASCAR fans. Wow.

I am happy that you and others really liked the race today and I hope there are many more in store for you this year. The race did not hold my attention today but I do not hate Nascar and I am not saying the racing was bad. I am saying it did not hold my attention. I am not going to slag people who liked the race and say they will accept anything because it is inflammatory and not true. In the same way I understand why people found the race dull and they do not deserve to be called haters of Nascar because of it.

I enjoy the big one just as much as anyone else but today and last week has just been a clinic by the 4 team. Plus there was some good racing behind the 4 which I think alot missed for some reason.

The "big one" has nothing to do with it :confused:

I think I have already said this about Aric Almirola, but something has to be said about Paul Menard.
I did not think Menard would was a very good driver, but he has been making the most of this opportunity in the Wood Brothers machine.
Both of them seem like dark horses.

Another week, another mediocre performance by the Ron Malec-less 48 team.

I think Jimmie and Chad have been great, but they've really fallen off the past year.

I think I have already said this about Aric Almirola, but something has to be said about Paul Menard.
I did not think Menard would was a very good driver, but he has been making the most of this opportunity in the Wood Brothers machine.
Both of them seem like dark horses.

I could see Menard getting in on points. Blaney was obviously a faster driver with more upside which is why Penske brought him in, but Paul knows how to finish races and keep the car clean.

Sure can. Beautiful car.

I started watching the video and thought "Yeah...He's just like me....this is how I'd be....just want to be miserable and take it easy.....ugh, what does this woman want me to do now....."

Then, I quickly realized that Kurt's is nothing like mine!

Back
Top Bottom