Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

I can’t figure out how Indy Car doesn’t have a playoff system and Championship bowl but yet their title fight always comes down to it’s last race....maybe it’s playoff emoji’s?

This racing thus far has been stellar. I always find the Vegas circuit a good one.

I can’t figure out how Indy Car doesn’t have a playoff system and Championship bowl but yet their title fight always comes down to it’s last race....maybe it’s playoff emoji’s?
Or because they have double points for the race which is far more of a gimmick then anything in nascar.

Or because they have double points for the race which is far more of a gimmick then anything in nascar.
I’ll take that over stages, a resetting of points with 10 to go, rovals during playoffs and emoji’s.

Is this a home track for MTJ and the soon to be defunct FRR? Has that been established?

They have a history of the championship being decided in the final race well before double points were implemented.

Mostly it's because the season is about half as long as NASCAR's.

Those are some brilliant odds Rick Allen was citing there about the 1 in 64,000 chance Brad Keselowski has of winning three straight races. I am guessing whoever came up with that one didn't take a high school statistics class.

Not a good way to start the final 10 races

That sucks but I guess that's where playoff points in handy.

Can't afford a screw-up in the last two races though. I'm going to be pissed if this awesome season ends after race 29.

Its seems the 20 should have avoided that.

Harvick...is still 37 points to the good? I guess I had no idea how many he had racked up.

This hurt's "that Jone's boy" more, Harvick had those extra points, Jones, not so much. But yes, I get and agree with your point
That's why I like this format so much more than the 2014-2016 abomination, back when the drivers got a free Frosty from Wendy's come playoff time for every regular season win.

Back
Top Bottom