Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

Just got back from the races. That was the best NASCAR race I have experienced in person. I have only seen races at California and Vegas, but great racing all day.

Just some observations from a casual fan.

- Two heartbreaks for me as Chase really had the car to beat today and I really thought Bowman was going to catch Blaney. That ending was so anti-climatic and not going to lie really bummed me out after a great day of racing overall.

- Aero package seems to be good at Vegas now. Lots of passing not only for the lead, but many battles throughout the field. The restarts are absolutely thrilling to watch.

- Seeing the races live is so much better than on tv. Absolutely cannot beat the sound of these cars in person. TV does it no justice.

- The xfinity series is no bueno. The racing is terrible and there are maybe 3 cars that are worth a crap it seems. After watching the cup race and hanging around to watch the xfinity race, the Cup racing is infinitely better.

Overall, it was a great day and can’t wait for September to roll around.

Yeah agreed. More HP is great on smaller tracks, but so far I think less has made the sport a better product on 1.5-2 mile ovals

9 was better. Daytona was a crap shoot. None of the other Toyota's ran top 10 today. We haven't seen that in years. It's early in the season but Toyota and JGR has NOT been THAT far off at a mile and a halfer in years

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Truex had a good car and was running top 3-5 before he started having probs

I think the tire made a good difference, the cars became harder to drive, lots of sliding and brushing the wall was the tell tale. Restarts were really good with fresh tires. I liked the fact that everybody was up on the wheel all day

Truex had a good car and was running top 3-5 before he started having probs
Again, all JGR fans are coming to the defense. There's nothing to defend. JGR has been a hell of an organization the last few years. They have set the standard for speed. But there can be no denying, and no shame in admitting that as a whole, those JGR cars have looked as weak as they have at a mile and a half the last 2-3 years.

Again, all JGR fans are coming to the defense. There's nothing to defend. JGR has been a hell of an organization the last few years. They have set the standard for speed. But there can be no denying, and no shame in admitting that as a whole, those JGR cars have looked as weak as they have at a mile and a half the last 2-3 years.

Maybe that post inspection “nose job” is to blame?

Maybe that post inspection “nose job” is to blame?
Maybe! I just think the Fords caught up, and the Chevys have an advantage and the Yoda's fell a bit behind. Could be wrong

Remember, Menard recommended Matt D to rake over that seat.

Hopefully, it comtinues to workout for him.
But Paul is a rich kid and shouldn't be taken seriously because of it according to 99% of NASCAR fans.

But, yes, Matty D is perfect for the 21 and I think he makes the Chase.

I honestly hate that I did not get to see this race in full. You had the young guys taking it to the old guard, and it really looked like any one of them pretty much had the race in their hands. I thought it was down to Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney before Chase dropped out. Then, Alex Bowman and his crew found something the others lacked and looked as if they were going to steal the show! Instead, a caution stole the show, and Joey won again.

I was really surprised to see Toyota, as a whole, struggle! It's almost as if Hendrick took their place in the pecking order, lol.

I honestly hate that I did not get to see this race in full. You had the young guys taking it to the old guard, and it really looked like any one of them pretty much had the race in their hands. I thought it was down to Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney before Chase dropped out. Then, Alex Bowman and his crew found something the others lacked and looked as if they were going to steal the show! Instead, a caution stole the show, and Joey won again.

I was really surprised to see Toyota, as a whole, struggle! It's almost as if Hendrick took their place in the pecking order, lol.

You mean Logano isn't a young gun?

Checks calendar.

Oh. Oh no.

You mean Logano isn't a young gun?

Checks calendar.

Oh. Oh no.
I technically consider him one, but he's been around for so long, it would be like including a senior in a freshman class, lol.

Yes they did look weak . Why is everyone so emotional oh this thread ?? All I said was Truex looked good before the loose wheel on pit road . If you go back and look at my post I don’t even like Truex so I’m not taking up for JGR , im just stating facts. His car was really good. Now the other card was trash . I don’t think I ever saw Erik Jones out there smh haha

Yes they did look weak . Why is everyone so emotional oh this thread ?? All I said was Truex looked good before the loose wheel on pit road . If you go back and look at my post I don’t even like Truex so I’m not taking up for JGR , im just stating facts. His car was really good. Now the other card was trash . I don’t think I ever saw Erik Jones out there smh haha
Hey hes back The General, must be back for the JJ Farewell Tour

Last edited:
Kinda blew the whole deal, not much could be said about the Bondo Yotas and he can't carp on 7 time JJ and compare him to the GOAT of the feeder series. :D Couldn't find him after the race, probably hugging his truck trophy.
Lol he prob was
Only time I saw him was when he was in the middle of the crash at the white flag
Lol
Hey hes back The General, must be back for the JJ Farewell Tour
Yesssss I am!! Hope he runs well, don’t think it will happen though ..

CGR was really quiet too, hardly saw Larson or Kurt all day. They need to get whatever Hendrick's got for their Chevy.

Larson was in the hunt all day long, finished in the top 10, Kurt had damage early cut a tire and had RR damage that slowed him quite a bit, still finished 15th

Not sure what you are saying, and I'm not disagreeing. Just reiterating that as a whole, JGR didn't bring it last Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom