Cup RACE thread ---- Las Vegas

What's weird about this, is these guys are friends. They just had the freaking buddy show and they were laughing and chilling.

I don't know about you guys, but it would take A LOT (and something way more than this) to attack a friend of almost 10 years.

Bubba snapped.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If that’s causing you as a driver to snap you shouldn’t be behind the wheel of a race car. Period

It came off as if you was using it as a bad thing. I guess I read it wrong.
I can see where it could be misconstrued, and for that I apologize. I meant it to come across as matter of fact that Bubba (like myself) has majorly struggled with mental health and they talk about anger issues and depression in the show. They talk about how his dad is a hothead and maybe he got it honest.

I've wanted the 5 sent since a couple little incidents last year and especially the Glen this year, but not like that. You do it entering a corner. If Bell isn't there, Larson backs in hard and that is no bueno in this car.
This is literally what I implied. Larson had it coming, what form it comes in isn't up to me, I didn't yank the wheel left. Bubba made that choice whether we think it was wrong or not, which it was.

The fact that he went after Larson after the wreck doesn't support the theory that steering was gone.
(Also, the 45 veered to the left. )
To be fair. He could’ve went after Larson because he was blaming him for the wreck. If steering broke and it caused all that, I could see him being mad enough to push him. It wasn’t the case, but it could have been.

Gustafson took a huge swing at the 9 setup, and if anything it's worse. That should bring joy to all but 5 or six of us here.

Hey. Let’s not attack peoples mental problems please.
I'm with you. That being said, mental illness doesn't excuse behavior, and sometimes, mental illness can result in some pretty condemnable behavior. When you can't control yourself and you put someone else's well being in harms way, it's reasonably difficult to be mindful of that.

Bubba ****** up here, anxious, depressed, bipolar or not...he ****** up and deserves to be called out.

Maybe theres a chance for him to grow here.

Parked for a race would be more reasonable , for any driver that does that.
I think he finished himself without a penalty. Larson. was over aggressive and Wallace suffered damage no fault of his own. But he probably could have finished the race while being no longer being a threat to run up front until he retaliated.

So while I would normally with only parking a driver in a case like this, I think they should give him a 10 minute behind the wall punitive penalty at the next race especially for following up with his a$$holic moves after he approached Larson.

This is literally what I implied. Larson had it coming, what form it comes in isn't up to me, I didn't yank the wheel left. Bubba made that choice whether we think it was wrong or not, which it was.
It's all good man. Really just tired of being so concerned about driver safety.

I'm with you. That being said, mental illness doesn't excuse behavior, and sometimes, mental illness can result in some pretty condemnable behavior. When you can't control yourself and you put someone else's well being in harms way, it's reasonably difficult to be mindful of that.

Bubba ****** up here, anxious, depressed, bipolar or not...he ****** up and deserves to be called out.

Maybe theres a chance for him to grow here.

Oh I agree. I hope he apologizes for it, and everything. I been there myself. I act out, and everything. But I always apologize once I calm down and realize I was wrong.

I used to really like Bubba Wallace and then I lost some respect for him when he threw water on Bowman and a medic. But, because I am a longtime fan of Michael Jordan, I gave him another chance because I believe in second chances and so I could root for the 23X team, but now I will never root for that team again as long as Bubba Wallace is a part of it. Do the right thing MJ and terminate that little punk's contract.

Can't see the hands from the camera angle they have them mounted. SMT data would show steering input
It was intentional he wanted to hook him. The only defense is that it wasn't premeditated and happened in just a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom