Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

It's tricky. Because prior to the gen 7, if someone who hasn't shown much speed wins, you're almost glad they make it in because you know they won't be a big factor.

But Penske has this *dump everything into the final 4 races* strategy.

On one hand, I'm glad Logano is in, because

1. I enjoy Logano
2. He hasn't been championship fast, so it's super easy to rationalize the final 4 as a final 3, since he's not been fast.
3. 2 cars to beat gives Larson a better shot. He's the deserving champion this year.
4. Penske 3 peating is just really really unlikely. I just don't see it

On the other hand... It's Logano, so you can't know.

In all seriousness, I still think this comes down to the 20/5. I don't think Logano gets it done.

12/22/20/5 is probably the best case scenario for Larson.

So I'm a Blaney fan the next two weeks.

The yotas fall even farther behind in the win column this year as Ford has 10 wins after Las Vegas. .

1729462197634.jpeg

It's tricky. Because prior to the gen 7, if someone who hasn't shown much speed wins, you're almost glad they make it in because you know they won't be a big factor.

But Penske has this *dump everything into the final 4 races* strategy.

On one hand, I'm glad Logano is in, because

1. I enjoy Logano
2. He hasn't been championship fast, so it's super easy to rationalize the final 4 as a final 3, since he's not been fast.
3. 2 cars to beat gives Larson a better shot. He's the deserving champion this year.
4. Penske 3 peating is just really really unlikely. I just don't see it

On the other hand... It's Logano, so you can't know.

In all seriousness, I still think this comes down to the 20/5. I don't think Logano gets it done.
I think you might’ve forgot that Penske has mastered the Phoenix championship race. They bring the best car there. Logano will be the favorite going into Phoenix. This is going to be worse than Blaney last year

I think you might’ve forgot that Penske has mastered the Phoenix championship race. They bring the best car there. Logano will be the favorite going into Phoenix. This is going to be worse than Blaney last year
I don't think so.

I wouldn't be surprised.

But I don't think so

As much as I definitely do hate it, Reddick next week at Homestead

If Larson didn't miss the 600, Reddick doesn't win the regular season and would have been eliminated last week.

It's painted him as far more of a threat than he actually is.

Reddick had a nice little consistent top 5/10 stretch for a month late summer. Other than that, this is who he has been.

He doesn't win often, and you can count on him self destructing more often than him winning

@WhiningSmoke is right.

Reddick isn't anything close to championship caliber at the cup level. No shot he wins next week. None.

He just ain't it. most overrated driver in the series and im not comfortable calling him a star. He's not more of a threat than Greg Biffle was.

If Larson didn't miss the 600, Reddick doesn't win the regular season and would have been eliminated last week.

It's painted him as far more of a threat than he actually is.

Reddick had a nice little consistent top 5/10 stretch for a month late summer. Other than that, this is who he has been.

He doesn't win often, and you can count on him self destructing more often than him winning

@WhiningSmoke is right.

Reddick isn't anything close to championship caliber at the cup level. No shot he wins next week. None.

He just ain't it
I agree.. and even if he does win next week I don't see him being able to step up and win in his first final 4 appearance.

Reddick isn't perfect or free from making mistakes but I don't get the snark. He accumulated the most regular season points. I do not consider him to be a fluke or a pretender, he is only going to get better and learn from his mistakes. He will be around for many years and win many races, probably a championship before he is done.

I don't think there's any question Reddick had to take the run he had on the outside, if you back out of that as a driver in this series with this style of racing you're going to be mired in traffic mid-pack when so much of this is getting to clean air and keeping your momentum up.

He's got a good chance to redeem the result at Homestead next week, one of his best tracks.

Reddick isn't perfect or free from making mistakes but I don't get the snark. He accumulated the most regular season points. I do not consider him to be a fluke or a pretender, he is only going to get better and learn from his mistakes. He will be around for many years and win many races, probably a championship before he is done.
Because he drives a Toyota.

Back
Top Bottom