Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

Logano went from being considered a bust, to an all-time great. That's why you don't give up on prospects that show flashes of brilliance so quickly.

I wonder if Reed Sorenson would've succeeded if given another opportunity after Ganassi.

I would throw David Stremme in that same pile. I wouldn’t even count his time at Penske
as a second chance because Brad also ran like dog dung in that #12.

Stremme looked damn good as a Busch Series rookie in the Finch car.

I don't think there's any question Reddick had to take the run he had on the outside, if you back out of that as a driver in this series with this style of racing you're going to be mired in traffic mid-pack when so much of this is getting to clean air and keeping your momentum up.

He's got a good chance to redeem the result at Homestead next week, one of his best tracks.
My only counter to that would be that Elliott saw what was about to happen and was trying to bail out. Should not Reddick, who had the best view of all used a little more discretion?

Logano went from being considered a bust, to an all-time great. That's why you don't give up on prospects that show flashes of brilliance so quickly.

I wonder if Reed Sorenson would've succeeded if given another opportunity after Ganassi.
INO thats a good thought but neither Sorenson or Streme were ever in Lagano's class, not even when he struggled at JGR.

I’m ok with Logano being in the last 4. I would also prefer Hamlin to be one of the 4 as I think he’s one of the real threats.

As a Larson fan, I want him to beat the best of the best.

The last couple of races have been nice. NASCAR not throwing a last minute caution has made the finish of the races more natural as it should be.

So I am not OK with this. Joey Logano has been an almost non-factor all year with exception of a few races and now he is running for a championship because of a fuel mileage win? This is why I say "win and you're in" needs to go away. Yeah - Maybe it's just sour grapes because of what happened with Chase but what was so tough about that was that he may have actually had a winning car. To come from 18th to 5th on the first run and he was keeping pace with Bell. As per usual I was floored by AG's pit strategy to give up stage points. Oh well - It is what it is. Just kind of sucks that we have 2 races left in the round of 8 and it feels like the field is set. Yes - I understand if one of the guys from the bottom 4 wins that changes everything but that seems like such a long shot that it really takes excitement out of it.

The people who I was listening to, PRN, said that fuel wasn't going to be an issue, but teams were probably going to pit because of tire wear. Well ol' Goodyear rock hards came thru once again. I would assume the gerbils were mistakenly doing a lap by lap screeching about Logano running out of fuel I wouldn't know, but when many teams took two tires earlier in the race for track position I knew tire wear wasn't a problem. Heck of a job be Paul Wolfe. They give him an inch and he will take a mile.
10 wins for the Fords this year. It wasn't too long ago they couldn't get out of their own way.

So I am not OK with this. Joey Logano has been an almost non-factor all year with exception of a few races and now he is running for a championship because of a fuel mileage win? This is why I say "win and you're in" needs to go away. Yeah - Maybe it's just sour grapes because of what happened with Chase but what was so tough about that was that he may have actually had a winning car. To come from 18th to 5th on the first run and he was keeping pace with Bell. As per usual I was floored by AG's pit strategy to give up stage points. Oh well - It is what it is. Just kind of sucks that we have 2 races left in the round of 8 and it feels like the field is set. Yes - I understand if one of the guys from the bottom 4 wins that changes everything but that seems like such a long shot that it really takes excitement out of it.
I mean it does suck, but this is why winning races and stages in the regular season is so crucial, and they just didn't do a good job of that this year. Those bonus points carry so much weight in this round, you simply cannot overcome the deficit.

Chase said it himself tho, his mindset going into yesterday and this round was that his only path was to win. And he was correct. Get 2 more cracks at it. I promise you he'll give it a run at Martinsville, but so will a couple others.

Absolutely wild that Logano is in the final 4. Ford started off terrible, and now they are on the cusp of another championship.

The same thing happened to them last year, and somehow, they won it all.

Seeing the Hendrick juggernaut get beat when it matters the most is something to behold.

My only counter to that would be that Elliott saw what was about to happen and was trying to bail out. Should not Reddick, who had the best view of all used a little more discretion?

If Reddick saw there was a good chance of a wreck happening sure he could back out although he was probably just focused on running the high line and getting to the 9's outside to fill the hole, so don't think Reddick should fault himself for digging hard. It's an unfortunate spot Chase got put into in the middle with both, but that's just racing sometimes. Don't think any of the three is really at fault for it, they all just came together on exit.

in previous racecraft you could be more selective on what spots you put yourself in because of the ease of passing them back if you were faster, these day's you have to take what you can while you can imo, it's tough to say what is too early in the race what is not when if you do start consistently backing out of taking big run's on restarts regardless of point in time of the race, you may find yourself in even more trouble by not getting to the front while you could.

Truex over cooked the corner and squeezed everybody up is what I saw. Truex said he didn't know what happened.
It was an odd crash for sure and one that I looked at quite a few times and could not decide who was at fault so I guess it's the definition of one of those "racing deals." I think Truex did squeeze everyone a little but it seemed like there was still room. It was strange.

Back
Top Bottom