Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

Same thing with Jimmie Johnson.
Is Chase that much better than him, or is it just that the 9 team is ahead of the curve compared to the 48 team?
This can be said about ALL multi-car teams. It’s not always that one driver is better than the others. You also have to factor in every aspect of the team.
48 is ahead in pts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

48 is ahead in pts

I will give you that, but it’s only two points. I also know, it’s not how you run, but how you finish that matters. No one can deny that the 9 car is leaps and bounds ahead of the 48 in terms of speed, but have had poor finishes or luck.

I don't mean to single out @FLRacingFan because a lot of you guys are saying the same... But I think your whining conspiracy theories are an unfair kick below the belt. There is no way I had sufficient info from NBCSN to think I could do a better job than Nascar Race Control, nor any evidence that yellow flag was "for entertainment purposes" or to rig the outcome. For the last two years... since stages were introduced... Nascar has done an admirable job of calling the races tight and consistent. So now you're pulling for Aric Almirola and there is a yellow flag and you are suddenly yelling about rigged races?? C'mon man. I was pulling for the 10 as well, but I'm not gonna pretend I have the facts and start crying about conspiracies and rigged races.

Direct your anger at the 14 for staying out on track with a broken suspension, rather than pulling into the pits when they had the chance. And Bowyer admitted that.
Pissed in the moment. What was said by Bowyer and NASCAR after the race makes sense. I agree they've been more "organic" the last couple of years.

I will give you that, but it’s only two points. I also know, it’s not how you run, but how you finish that matters. No one can deny that the 9 car is leaps and bounds ahead of the 48 in terms of speed, but have had poor finishes or luck.
Chase is still ahead in driver rating - not that you get anything for that. 85.6 to 82.1

Pissed in the moment. What was said by Bowyer and NASCAR after the race makes sense. I agree they've been more "organic" the last couple of years.
singling out something that was said in the heat of the moment was a cheap shot IMO. There is drinking involved for many also. I know I was cussing Boyer and Nascar myself, but he broke and it happens.

Larson walled him
I have yet to see any
No, Larson over drove the corner and about wrecked him. Busch bulldozed Larson.
That’s the way I saw it.
Yeah, because KB was completely out of the throttle to save it? Come on man. Harvick wasn't all that good all day. Got better when he needed to, and ended up a tenth or so better than KB a lap. End of story.
That’s why he’s the closer

In my view, there was completely legitimate reason to question the apparent lack of consistency with the Bowyer caution call vs. the Stenhouse non-call. Also some circumstantial logic to speculate why NASCAR may have preferred a caution in one instance and not the other.

Evidence of a true 'conspiracy'? Not hardly. Given the somewhat negative coverage of the Big 3 dominance, if NASCAR had a preference regarding the race winner, it is more likely that they would rather someone different win.

It was a judgment call, and I am less likely to jump to conclusions in a case in which either call was plausible than in fake debris scenarios. That doesn't mean they are exempt from facing questions about their officiating, especially given their dubious history.

No, Larson over drove the corner and about wrecked him. Busch bulldozed Larson.
That’s the way I saw it.
That’s why he’s the closer
Any way you look at it from any view, the 42 hit the 18 and drove him into the wall. The 42 knew what was going to happen next
Look, Busch isn’t the best driver ever. I can think of many who are as good or better.
I can't think of any that will be on the track Sunday that are better.

Back
Top Bottom