Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

The NASCAR (cough, cough) doing a bang up job here. Yep, really pressing the issue with NASCAR. Guess Bob didn't want to endanger his press pass.

Bob, I have a follow-up question for NASCAR. Can we see the slow-mo replay showing it and the same slow-mo of the 17 car's crash? That way the fan base can compare the two. To see all the debris they saw and didn't see.

Harvick put 2 seconds on him right quick and it could have been more, Kyle had slapped the wall and was loose as hell, it was a fifth place car put there because of a fast pit and a right lane restart.

5th place car put there by Kyle and his team, that's what they do

No Kyle Busch love apparently :lol2: our boy did a bang up job today ...... just about grabbed another win with a car that wasn't capable of winning anything but the race for 6th place :salute:

Just gonna point this out

KB straight up bulldozed Larson on the final lap and took the win, and Larson gave him a thumbs up and said it was great racing.

Harvick moves KB out the groove, with time for KB to catch back up, and KB gets out with his bottom lip dragging the ground.

KB isnt disliked becuase of his talent. He is one of the best to sit in a race car. It’s his antics and attitude.
Totally

KB straight up bulldozed Larson on the final lap and took the win, and Larson gave him a thumbs up and said it was great racing.

Harvick moves KB out the groove, with time for KB to catch back up, and KB gets out with his bottom lip dragging the ground.

KB isnt disliked becuase of his talent. He is one of the best to sit in a race car. It’s his antics and attitude.

Nothing new, he’s never been gracious in defeat.

ChexOrWrex said:

Post of the Year!

Harvick put 2 seconds on him right quick and it could have been more, Kyle had slapped the wall and was loose as hell, it was a fifth place car put there because of a fast pit and a right lane restart.

Yeah, because KB was completely out of the throttle to save it? Come on man. Harvick wasn't all that good all day. Got better when he needed to, and ended up a tenth or so better than KB a lap. End of story.

ChexOrWrex said:

Post of the Year!

If you like fantasy. You want a guy all smiley after getting beaten. Have at it. Larson was dreaming of his next dirt race. Got the paycheck. Good to go.

ChexOrWrex said:

Post of the Year!
You guys should focus on driver ability instead of social popularity.
You guys follow the Kardashian’s on Twitter?

Yeah, because KB was completely out of the throttle to save it? Come on man. Harvick wasn't all that good all day. Got better when he needed to, and ended up a tenth or so better than KB a lap. End of story.

come on wut? he had 6 laps to catch up, and Harvick was coasting with a 2 second lead, wasn't any damage to Kyle Newman's car. and he says he expected it but then he implies it wasn't clean enough for him. And he is a real expert on clean passes.

"When you’re slower, you kind of expect it,” Busch said. “But you also think a guy is going to race you fair and pass you clean first. I don’t think he ever tried to pass me clean once he got there.”

Like DW says, first tap, I'm here, second one I'm faster than you, third one see ya

come on wut? he had 6 laps to catch up, and Harvick was coasting with a 2 second lead, wasn't any damage to Kyle Newman's car. and he says he expected it but then he implies it wasn't clean enough for him. And he is a real expert on clean passes.

"When you’re slower, you kind of expect it,” Busch said. “But you also think a guy is going to race you fair and pass you clean first. I don’t think he ever tried to pass me clean once he got there.”

Like DW says, first tap, I'm here, second one I'm faster than you, third one see ya

Spot a guy like Harvick 2 seconds, and catch him in 6 laps. Yeah, okay.

Nice job of NASCAR further demoralizing their fan base by calling a dubious caution so they can jerk the Big 3 storyline to the checkered.
I don't mean to single out @FLRacingFan because a lot of you guys are saying the same... But I think your whining conspiracy theories are an unfair kick below the belt. There is no way I had sufficient info from NBCSN to think I could do a better job than Nascar Race Control, nor any evidence that yellow flag was "for entertainment purposes" or to rig the outcome. For the last two years... since stages were introduced... Nascar has done an admirable job of calling the races tight and consistent. So now you're pulling for Aric Almirola and there is a yellow flag and you are suddenly yelling about rigged races?? C'mon man. I was pulling for the 10 as well, but I'm not gonna pretend I have the facts and start crying about conspiracies and rigged races.

Direct your anger at the 14 for staying out on track with a broken suspension, rather than pulling into the pits when they had the chance. And Bowyer admitted that.

No Kyle Busch love apparently 2: our boy did a bang up job today ...... just about grabbed another win with a car that wasn't capable of winning anything but the race for 6th place :salute:
You guys hype this up like it's exclusive and unique ;) JJ has won like 30 races in the same manner, just sayin. Drivers win with 5th to 10th place cars all the time, its no big deal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Two things about the race that caught my attention.

1. Harvick's bump was so clean that is was almost boring to watch. Almost.
2. Can the NBC crew hype Chase Elliot's stage 2 win any more? It was definitely a Chase Elliot is the fan favorite, and Chevy can win, see, see, type moment.

so seldom it happens anymore that a faster car can get close enough to put the bumper on the lead car in CLEAN air and in the single groove.
Two things about the race that caught my attention.
1. Harvick's bump was so clean that is was almost boring to watch. Almost.
2. Can the NBC crew hype Chase Elliot's stage 2 win any more? It was definitely a Chase Elliot is the fan favorite, and Chevy can win, see, see, type moment.
It was reported that when Chase Elliott took the lead there was crowd roar, but nothing like the noise when Harvick passed Busch, the bleachers were shaking

so seldom it happens anymore that a faster car can get close enough to put the bumper on the lead car in CLEAN air and in the single groove.

I heard reports that that is because real racers move over before the second place guy can hit him.

Great little short track race. Disappointed at the #FakeNews brigade about the officiating though. NASCAR is an organization of the utmost integrity and competence.

This thread after the finish got pretty funny. The people that absolutely hate KyBu know in their hearts that he can do no right. I'm far from being a fan, but his interview immediately after the race was nowhere near "crying" as some of y'all say it was.

KDB was implying it wasn't fair and it wasn't a clean pass waaa. He wanted to do what Harvick knew he was going to do.;) Took him down with 6 to go instead. pretty smart.

Harvick indicated he had no choice but to race Busch that way if he wanted to win.

"He's that good [that] if you wait until two or three to go, the entries [into the turns] are going to get shallower, he's going to start grinding on the brakes a little bit harder -- he's going to put himself in a position to not get hit and he's going to get on defense and start to really get aggressive, too," Harvick said.

KDB was implying it wasn't fair and it wasn't a clean pass waaa. He wanted to do what Harvick knew he was going to do.;) Took him down with 6 to go.

Harvick indicated he had no choice but to race Busch that way if he wanted to win.

"He's that good [that] if you wait until two or three to go, the entries [into the turns] are going to get shallower, he's going to start grinding on the brakes a little bit harder -- he's going to put himself in a position to not get hit and he's going to get on defense and start to really get aggressive, too," Harvick said.
I really think you're trying your hardest to make something out of nothing. "I'm not sure he had to do it, but it's fine." Doesn't sound like "waaaa" to me.

I really think you're trying your hardest to make something out of nothing. "I'm not sure he had to do it, but it's fine." Doesn't sound like "waaaa" to me.

here is the direct quote, looks like he had a problem with his feathers getting ruffled or he has a problem with his idea of "fair" he got tapped twice before he was knocked out of the way. Harvick didn't have all day.

"When you're slower, you kind of expect it, but you also think a guy is going to race you fair and try to pass you clean first," Busch said
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...rvick-uses-bump-beat-kyle-busch-new-hampshire

here is the direct quote, looks like he had a problem with his feathers getting ruffled or he has a problem with his idea of "fair" he got tapped twice before he was knocked out of the way. Harvick didn't have all day.

"When you're slower, you kind of expect it, but you also think a guy is going to race you fair and try to pass you clean first," Busch said
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...rvick-uses-bump-beat-kyle-busch-new-hampshire
My quote was from the initial post race interview. Either way, both are a long way of from "waaaa." But then again, you're one of those guys who would complain about him if he brought balloons and puppy dogs, and he'd still be crying.....

yeah he gets passed clean and it is not a fair pass, he dumps Larson and is surprised the crowd boo's him and they cheer widly when Harvick passes him clean. His fans think the same way..not a surprise

yeah he gets passed clean and it is not a fair pass, he dumps Larson and is surprised the crowd boo's him and they cheer widly when Harvick passes him clean. His fans think the same way..not a surprise

"...dumps Larson...." Dude. Really? KB felt that the pass was fair, but he isn't gonna give Harvick a hug the way Larson did him....and he shouldn't. Harvick loves to live in people's heads. KB handled everything fine. . This is a non-story. KB is fine. Harvick is fine....Hell, even the dirt tracker who got "dumped" is happy as hell. For that matter, I haven't seen anything from Rowdy Nation that would give you any reason to believe that his fans aren't fine. Let. It. Go. Enjoy your win.

I left the room as he crossed the start/finish, but did they interview Chase after his stage win?

You guys hype this up like it's exclusive and unique ;) JJ has won like 30 races in the same manner, just sayin. Drivers win with 5th to 10th place cars all the time, its no big deal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What is a "JJ" ?

Back
Top Bottom