Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

I wish Brad would've given us something more to talk about comon man... Now Austin on the other hand, now isnt this the guy that nobody talks to or likes in the garage anyway?

E99D2C24-1A67-4773-B0C8-827A47E852C6.gif

He set the rules of engagement at Darlington.

So what’s the chances if we get 17 winners, NASCAR changes the rule to something like this.

“Playoffs will be win and you’re in, 16 driver field, UNLESS we get more than 16 winners then every winner will be in.”

I don't think they will. I think it just juices up a good season and gets people talking. Points matter and a win guarantees nothing.

The only way 17 get in is if we see somebody with pull a Clint Bowyer to force a fake caution.

So what’s the chances if we get 17 winners, NASCAR changes the rule to something like this.

“Playoffs will be win and you’re in, 16 driver field, UNLESS we get more than 16 winners then every winner will be in.”

Doubtful. 17 winners just means they need to points race better.

Sucks MTJ didn’t win today. Gonna be a tough pill to swallow if he misses out on the playoffs.

Need 2 of MTJ, Blaney and Harvick to win. With Wrecky, Bubba, McDowell, AD and Corey having an outside chance to win at Daytona.

Sucks MTJ didn’t win today. Gonna be a tough pill to swallow if he misses out on the playoffs.

Need 2 of MTJ, Blaney and Harvick to win. With Wrecky, Bubba, McDowell, AD and Corey having an outside chance to win at Daytona.

McDowell has a chance at a road course. Buescher has been underrated as hell at a road course.

McDowell has a chance at a road course. Buescher has been underrated as hell at a road course.
He certainly runs really well at road courses but I’d be very surprised to see him win one. Who knows with the new car though….

If that happens I expect this format to get scrapped just like what happened after Kenseth won it all. Blaney is in 3rd, Truex in 4th points wise and yet could miss due to this format.

With 6 races to go, and people like Blaney, Harvick, and MTJ without wins(which means one of them 3 have to miss) then Daytona being random af, it’s honestly within reach of getting 17, and maybe even more honestly winners.

With 6 races to go, and people like Blaney, Harvick, and MTJ without wins(which means one of them 3 have to miss) then Daytona being random af, it’s honestly within reach of getting 17, and maybe even more honestly winners.
Actually wait. If all 3 win, someone below them would be out right?? Yeah nvm lol

Wouldn’t surprise me at least 2 of them win to get to 16 winners. I feel like MTJ and Harvick are really going to need to dig deep for their next win. :idunno:

Alright. What a weekend!

I was at the race, per usual. Good way to wrap up a bachelor party weekend. My buddy and I were exhausted, I had loads of driving to do, and when it started raining, we left before the green flag, thinking that the weather was gonna push us back to a 4:30-5:00pm start time - wasn't worth it, as I had about 5 hours of driving to do. As we are riding back to the condo we rented, we saw Pocrass updating and updating... Had a laugh, turned our ass around, and went back and got there by lap 40.

Now for the race. Not sure how the broadcast covered it, but everyone knew the 20 had it wrapped up in before he or Chase even got by Logano in stage 3, with 90 to go, right? You could all see that he was just as good, if not better than Truex all race, right? Or did the broadcast flub that up and not acknowledge him the best long run car all race?

This is Elliott's year. He's going to dominate AND luck into wins. Today was almost another. I've NEVER seen a car at NHMS have so many restarts fall into his lap! It was unreal! There was even one restart where the 99 on old tires was in front of him, and SOMEHOW, the 99 ended up blocking up the entire bottom row and Elliott just cruised right on by. It was pretty hilarious and that sort of luck gets you damn good finishes when you need them. 20 was a rocket all race and rolled the middle of the corner stupidly well. After he cleared Kurt for P2 with Elliott out front, it was done. He drove a great race and got better and better.

And 5 team dear 5 team...what the ****! Larson had, yet a again, a top 5 car - probably behind the 20, 19, 4, when all tires are equal.

Yet, for some bizarre reason, on that final pitstop with over 100 laps to go, they decide to go FUEL ONLY for a tiny track position advantage, and run the last 100 laps on old tires, as he and the other no tires/stayed out guys drifted outside the top 10. Yet another race where they just give up a top 5 finish for no reason. It was an absolute head scratcher, and the 5 had long run pace, so that was just a confusing mess.

Bubba drove the best race of his life.

TRD had it covered today. No one had anything for the 19 or 20 today other than Harvick. That was super clear

Good racing, which has become the norm at NHMS lately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was at the race, per usual. Good way to wrap up a bachelor party weekend. My buddy and I were exhausted, I had loads of driving to do, and when it started raining, we left before the green flag, thinking that the weather was gonna push us back to a 4:30-5:00pm start time - wasn't worth it, as I had about 5 hours of driving to do.

Wait....what?

You never go to a race, or a proper bachelor party, without taking the next day off.

Wait....what?

You never go to a race, or a proper bachelor party, without taking the next day off.
I did take the next day off. I just would rather be home tonight, rather than drive home tomorrow morning. The sleeping arrangements were bad, and I just need to be caught up on sleep before returning to work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was never much of a Kez fan in the past, but after he left a top tier ride at Penske to get into ownership with the mediocre Roush bunch, I've become a fan. Great to see him run well today
I like Kez. I've liked him since the first time he drove for Dale Jr. in the Busch series. He wrecked the car and felt so bad about it. I felt it was partially Dale Jr's fault, but that's another story. I'm hoping he will do well at Roush.

Cars were way slower at New Hampshire this year...about 10 MPH at the top end into turns 1 & 3 during the race compared to last year and 2 seconds slower in qualifying compared to 2019.

That being said, the racing was just as good as last year which I thought was excellent throughout.

Seven drivers led laps during the race, but only four were quality leaders: Truex, Jr., Chase Briscoe, Chase Elliott and eventual winner Christopher Bell. The other drivers took the lead during yellow-flag pit stops.

The race featured only 8 lead changes, which is low for New Hampshire. The last three races had 14, 22 and 14 lead changes.

Keeping the inconsistencies consistent nascar has penalized the #2 for a lost wheel on pit road

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom