Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

This is the most boring season in a long time. It's pretty much Penske vs. Kyle.

Chase is the only other driver who can keep up with them right now, and that's only gonna be on short tracks and road courses.
Great race. You need to stick to late model racing where they just run over each other.

Apparently you missed him at Canadian Tire and in 2017 when he body slammed Keselowski in the fall race here to take the lead. He’ll do what he’ll have to. Problem is today it looks like he wont get the chance.
He would've had to do Brad dirty to win. Chase will get aggressive but he's not dirty.

Yeah, the product has been awful. No passing except on restarts most of the year.

What? There’s been a good deal of it, just not a lot at the front where these teams have trimmed it out. Did you miss Kyle Busch flying through everyone last week for the win?

Literally a parade of cars all the way back through 20th-ish.

Chase was right when he said once the tires get up to temp its way too hard to pass. Lame.

It was a both a decent race simply because it's Martinsville, and there is way too much downforce on the cars and it would be much racier without it.

They were still driving very hard to try to make something happen.

are the fans pissed about something, if so what???

or is it joy for the beer can car winning?

I don't think we will see a domination like that at Martinsville any time soon like that one. Kez stunk up that show. 22nd in the final practice, qualified pretty well in 3rd, but then Bam can't catch this.

What???? lol. No wonder NASCAR gets a bad rap. Clueless fans. smh
Is that necessary? I've been a fan for 20 years.

I missed up until lap 280. Your scapegoating insults don't change the fact that this package makes passing very difficult. What an unbelievably intelligent post from you - astounding critical thinking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I missed up until lap 280. Your scapegoating insults don't change the fact that this package makes passing very difficult. What an unbelievably intelligent post from you - astounding critical thinking.

in a couple of the races this year they have set records for passing. Yeah it is hard to pass, but passing has been improved. It seems now that some expect instant X box racing.
Two weeks ago, Las Vegas produced a track record number of green flag passes for the lead, as well as overall green flag passes. This year’s Atlanta race also had more passes for the lead, and more quality passes than its 2018 counterpart.

in a couple of the races this year they have set records for passing. Yeah it is hard to pass, but passing has been improved. It seems now that some expect instant X box racing.
Two weeks ago, Las Vegas produced a track record number of green flag passes for the lead, as well as overall green flag passes. This year’s Atlanta race also had more passes for the lead, and more quality passes than its 2018 counterpart.
Really, Fontana has been the only dud race so far this year IMO. The other ones have been pretty entertaining.

I thought the race was lacking but that was due to the TV coverage. It probably would have been great in person though. I may have to start looking at the leader board during the race so I can see all those quality passes!

Eh the TV prelims showed Joey and Truex banging into each other a hundred times, but the reality is that this hardly ever happens at Martinsville. So most people were expecting the same and they got the exact opposite a total domination. That's racing.

Cow Patty,(Kyle Petty) as one of my friends used to call him back when anyone cared. It was fun, I was good with Kes or Chase, Decent race.

here we go

What makes racing better ultimately is the reward. You know why Eldora puts on great racing? Because you have massive purses pushing drivers to go all out. Same reason we all pack the house on $5000 to win night for 410 sprints

Obviously some tracks are more classic than others, but essentially unless you have an opportunity to win, most are playing the points game and being conservative out there. As I’ve said before these guys are racing the damn things like Indycars and your more aggressive drivers are going to take advantage of that fully

Pearn is definitely right. Bromberg I ignore because he's just not very knowledgeable. Two multicar teams winning five races between them doesn't say much of interest as far as I'm concerned. Neither were The Big Three such a doomsday problem last year.

Astounding is making a statement about the racing when you missed 280 laps. Passing is always difficult at Martinsville, even 20 years ago.

First live Martinsville race in 16 years. I'm watching the replay now on FS1...

It's amazing how stable the cars are these days. There might be a little wiggle time to time getting accelerating off the turn but overall their planted. There's a little bumping here and there but overall there's a ton of give and take; especially entering the corner.

The 2 simply owned the day. When Elliott took the lead I thought there was a chance but it wasn't to be.

I can't watch if there isn't enough people there..but of course I'm not there and I am shocked because of that.
Cant believe some people couldnt make it and complain, but even more shocking they couldnt make it for the replay.

Back
Top Bottom