Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

This car isn't bad on 1.5 mile tracks

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Which is why I’d rather spend $ on 600 than Roval, which as a Chase fan is crazy. But I witnessed the lows NASCAR was willing to go to in person last year and I’m not spending another dime on my favorite race in person (Roval) until I know it’s different.

It’s Sunday, so my thoughts and prayers are with @Revman . Anyone checked in on him? I hope the Xfinity win is getting him through as we all know that’s the real racing.
I'm good brother. No worries. Congrats on The Chain Gang win. Thank your personal Jesus they didn't take any of the inmates to R&D.

LOL no doubt its been a rough year for him so far
Not really. Every year is great. You win 19, I have to listen to @StandOnIt. You get your ass kicked, I have to listen to @StandOnIt. I love this sport whether WE are kicking ass, or WE are chasing those how are. I enjoyed the race today.

Its the bad names that get me. I can make my point without calling people names.
Whatever. I've listened to Coach be called "Preacher" and MY Toyotas as "rice burners" since I joined this board. Ty in now "Baby Jesus". That's playing around....me.....well, I call people names. Got it. Hit the ignore button. @wi_racefan did me a favor.

Yes to both.

I missed this one. Forgot about it. In Hawaii on my Honeymoon and checked results at noon here, race was over lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
You really have to get your priorities in order. NASCAR than other things like Honeymoons. :owquitit:

The window for adjustments seems tiny.

Denny passed A LOT throughout the race. Other guys passed at the end. The product here still isn't what it needs to be. But there was passing. Just really hard to do.

A lot of guys had one run where they were good, then that was it.

It was certainly better than last year but that was a really low bar to clear. Still a bit too track position dependent, not enough tire falloff. Gotta find a way to introduce more wheel spin.

Larson had an obligation to figure Martinsville out. Considering this place has been HMS' playground, him being a champion, there's no excuse not to win. Especially since his 3 teammates have each won there since 2020. All 4 guys there have now won Martinsville during 2020-2023.

Before them, you have Jeff Gordon winning 9x, and Jimmie Johnson winning three 9x. Dale Jr won there in 2014 as well. Prior to today, Larson was the only winning driver at HMS these last 20 years to not have won Martinsville. As a champion, it needed to change.

He has a lot of people to thank for this one. Got the monkey off the back. Officially in the HMS Martinsville club.

Pretty sure you haven't met either one of them.
Yea the babysitting money they offer for “meeting” Ty Gibbs isn’t quite in my range for kids that small, so you are correct I haven’t met him.

Looking forward to Next weeks race and the best Chicken Wing discussion. BTW, When I'm in Charlotte, Jets is my go to for Pizza.
Closest Jets to me is across Iredell Co in Mooresville. It was really good pizza when I lived close enough. I honestly thought their round sucked but the pan and Turbo Sticks are amazing

I'm good brother. No worries. Congrats on The Chain Gang win. Thank your personal Jesus they didn't take any of the inmates to R&D.
That's a huge difference between us. When someone on the team OTHER than my guy wins, it makes it that much worse for me. Sucks that Chase and the team got it figured out to have the fastest car on track about 150 laps too late. Still, it is what it is man.

That's a huge difference between us. When someone on the team OTHER than my guy wins, it makes it that much worse for me. Sucks that Chase and the team got it figured out to have the fastest car on track about 150 laps too late. Still, it is what it is man.
Other than you have one guy, and I have six.....we are probably a closer to the same.....If WE throw one away or we are totally out to lunch (i.e. road courses last year), I get really pissed. WE got beat yesterday. I can live with that, and the pursuit of performance is what I find so interesting. WE were not horrible yesterday, but Denny at Martinsville us a benchmark for US. If he is good there, OUR car is good. He was good, but Gabehart got hung out on strategy.

I’m sure this has been said but a neat fact about Larson winning yesterday was that it was the first time the 5 had won for HMS at Martinsville since Geoff Bodine won in the 5 in that organization saving win in 84. I’m hoping this opens the flood gates for Larson and he goes on a tear here, I also would love to see a season long title fight between Larson vs Bell, two guys that can wheel that car.

Internet: “NASCAR and fox are only fixated on Chase!”
*Chase is getting pinballed three wide at Martinsville*
Fox: “stay on the 10, this is gonna get good!”
Poor Chase and his victimized fans. 🙄

Closest Jets to me is across Iredell Co in Mooresville. It was really good pizza when I lived close enough. I honestly thought their round sucked but the pan and Turbo Sticks are amazing

Why would you want to get pizza anywhere in the Carolinas? I can make better pizza than you can buy there!

Other than you have one guy, and I have six.....we are probably a closer to the same.....If WE throw one away or we are totally out to lunch (i.e. road courses last year), I get really pissed. WE got beat yesterday. I can live with that, and the pursuit of performance is what I find so interesting. WE were not horrible yesterday, but Denny at Martinsville us a benchmark for US. If he is good there, OUR car is good. He was good, but Gabehart got hung out on strategy.
You two ARE the same. It's why you guys are amongst my favorites here.

Besides, anyone who takes either of your rage fueled rants seriously needs to go outside.

You both can be dramatic as hell, and it's a blast. This coming from the guy who would tantrum that Harvick was a mid pack driver being carried by Rodney and the gen 6 car from about 2014-2018, just because Carl Edwards didn't win a championship.. lol

Back
Top Bottom