Cup RACE thread --- Michigan, Rd. 1

He's gonna be the guy this year I think.

He gets to homestead, he wins

I think "The Next Tony Stewart" is more accurate if they have to do this.

Kyle ain't winning 4 titles and 60+ wins, never mind 7 titles and 90+ lol

I can dig his happiness though

Danica Patrick has the absolute worst luck. Another race where she gets robbed by a good finish by someone else's front bumper.

Right!!! I was sooo bummed. But MAN!!! no one can say she does not want to do well. She did not play it safe and hang back. I am pretty darned happy with her drive over the last few races!

Really surprised about the empty seats. Just a couple seasons ago it seemed like a legit packed house at all mis cup races... turnout was surprisingly good there even when other tracks started to loose ticket sales...

McMurray seems to always squirt up there in the closing laps, gets a 5th..great day for Ganassi

Kinda cool to observe him... he's weirdly enough one of the longstanding cup regulars there is... he's the crafty veteran who knows how to stay the course and get a solid finish.

Reactions: Pat
I always watch the leaderboard during the closing laps..if there is a late restart, they talk about ol Kyle, but Jamie is as good or better IMO.

McMurray is a better driver than his 7 wins indicate. Always a threat if he's up front late in a race. They've got some speed. A win may be coming one of these days.

It was a shame to see such a nice day for danica get ruined by some bad luck mid pack
I can identify with the bad luck deal for Danica...... I know how you guys feel..... I was always a Mark Martin for decades..... he had a very very good run over the gamut of the years he raced..... won quite a few races...... but...... he also seemed to get caught up in someone elses mess SO many times...... wrecks that wasn't his fault..... just being in the wrong place at the right time....... but..... That's Racin'......... You go home and come back next week.......

I think "The Next Tony Stewart" is more accurate if they have to do this.

Kyle ain't winning 4 titles and 60+ wins, never mind 7 titles and 90+ lol

I can dig his happiness though
Kyle is only 24. Dont count your chickens.

It was a shame to see such a nice day for danica get ruined by some bad luck mid pack
She made another poor decision to be 3+ wide on the bottom side.

Her inside wall impacts arent much bad luck as much as it is poor late decision making.

She made another poor decision to be 3+ wide on the bottom side.

Her inside wall impacts arent much bad luck as much as it is poor late decision making.

If I were her spotter I would have advised her against doing that, as it was pretty obvious with all the squirreliness going on with and around Blaney after the restart, that it was only a matter of time before somebody's (or many somebodies') day ended badly. To honest, I kinda surprised that she was the only one who found herself up against a wall when it was all said and done.

If I were her spotter I would have advised her against doing that, as it was pretty obvious with all the squirreliness going on with and around Blaney after the restart, that it was only a matter of time before somebody's (or many somebodies') day ended badly. To honest, I kinda surprised that she was the only one who found herself up against a wall when it was all said and done.
Shes made a habit of putting herself in terrible positions & getting wrecked. People chalk it up to "wrong place at wrong time" but nobody gets thrown into the inside wall with such consistency without laying their own bed beforehand.

Shes made a habit of putting herself in terrible positions & getting wrecked. People chalk it up to "wrong place at wrong time" but nobody gets thrown into the inside wall with such consistency without laying their own bed beforehand.

Wut?

It was a factor of bad timing, it turned into a five wide situation and she got smacked after Bubba was squeezed into Suarez. She just happened to be in the bottom, it was bad timing.

Back
Top Bottom