Cup RACE thread --- Michigan, Rd. 1

a.jpg

Kyle Busch — Finished fourth: “The blue ovals (Fords) were just tough today. It wasn’t anything about (Stewart-Haas Racing)

Nah, you just got beat by three of em :D:D:p

The 18 team is only worried about The 4 team, anybody else right now isn’t a threat! One more lap and the 4 would have won again today lol..

Chase wasn’t that good before the Camaro.
Just skimming thru parts of the thread I wasn't around for yesterday and I see this nonsense :confused:

Me thinks you need to go look at some numbers and compare them to Mr. hero Blaney the last couple years. He was more than good, it wasn't even close. Might wanna compare this year too because thru 15 races in his junk Chevy, Chase is dead even with Blaney in top 5's and 10's. Someone is underachieving and it isn't the 9.

Chase wasn’t that good before the Camaro.

Considering that Blaney has the more superior atm and Chase only has one less top 10 then him.

I like them both, but I think the 9 team has been the second best Chevy behind Larson. Well, not to mention Blaney has had some hiccups of bad luck as well. He's been good in his first three seasons so far, once again it comes down to timing of who has the best car.

Blaney and Elliott are neck to neck talent wise anyways.

Just skimming thru parts of the thread I wasn't around for yesterday and I see this nonsense :confused:

Me thinks you need to go look at some numbers and compare them to Mr. hero Blaney the last couple years. He was more than good, it wasn't even close. Might wanna compare this year too because thru 15 races in his junk Chevy, Chase is dead even with Blaney in top 5's and 10's. Someone is underachieving and it isn't the 9.

Its not even underachieving on Blaney's part. Its his first season with the primary Penske team, I think he continues to get better over time. Even with the Camaro missing the mark, Elliott and Larson continue to hold up the Chevy banner as best as they can.

Blaney has had some really fast, race winning pieces as well. I hope to see him in VL this year.

12 top 5's, 21 top 10's, and a few laps away from Homestead last year and that's not very good. Had Blaney done it he'd get all the praise. Welcome to racing-forums, enjoy your stay!

I just find it laughable. These two are best friends and are pretty much identical personality-wise and give the same interviews yet one is routinely thought of in a higher light here. When one has bad fortune it's poke fun time, for the other it's "man I hate it for the kid". I've been waiting for a logical explanation as to why this is but nobody ever offers one. So I just chalk it up to the old #24 thing. Hell, go hate on video game Byron for crying out loud.

Its not even underachieving on Blaney's part. Its his first season with the primary Penske team, I think he continues to get better over time. Even with the Camaro missing the mark, Elliott and Larson continue to hold up the Chevy banner as best as they can.

Blaney has had some really fast, race winning pieces as well. I hope to see him in VL this year.

Isnt the 48 ahead of the 9 in points?

Also, my comment was tongue in cheek. I was just making a point about attachment.

Blaney has turned into a star, but I like his driving better. His win at pocono was mighty impressive last year. Dont think Chase woulda held off Harv there with equal speed.

12 top 5's, 21 top 10's, and a few laps away from Homestead last year and that's not very good. Had Blaney done it he'd get all the praise. Welcome to racing-forums, enjoy your stay!

I just find it laughable. These two are best friends and are pretty much identical personality-wise and give the same interviews yet one is routinely thought of in a higher light here. When one has bad fortune it's poke fun time, for the other it's "man I hate it for the kid". I've been waiting for a logical explanation as to why this is but nobody ever offers one. So I just chalk it up to the old #24 thing. Hell, go hate on video game Byron for crying out loud.

Relax :)

Isnt the 48 ahead of the 9 in points?

Also, my comment was tongue in cheek. I was just making a point about attachment.

Blaney has turned into a star, but I like his driving better. His win at pocono was mighty impressive last year. Dont think Chase woulda held off Harv there with equal speed.

Idk where JJ is in the standings. Both are stars honestly, just that one win makes that much of a difference I guess.

Wow...you do realize most fans have their favorite drivers don't you? I like both Chase and Blaney. What I see is Blaney appears to really be pushing the limits more than Chase. Chase appears to me to be more about consistency. You can almost always count on Chase to improve his position as the race runs on. Different people have different personalities and that plays into the popularity of the driver. Overall I would think Chase has more fans than Blaney as of now...Enjoy a cold one and relax. :)

I think Blaney spent so much time in different cars that it actually hurt him. He’s finally in good equipment with a good team. He’s adapting, team communication is getting better and it shows.

Came across this and LMAO!
The weather threatened racing all weekend, and Sunday’s event ended early because of rain. Clint Bowyer was declared the winner. It’s his second win of the season following a 190-race winless streak.

Bowyer: Get your damn clothes off and get to dancing.

Crew chief Mike Bugarewicz: Why do you need no clothes to do that?

Bowyer: I don’t know. It’s more fun when you’re partying naked.

Back
Top Bottom