Cup RACE thread --- Michigan, Rd. 2

Pretty cool seeing multiple drivers coming to victory lane to congratulate Larson!

I cant believe that woman asked Blaney "how does it feel to see someone else win?"

I know journalism is dead but damn. Thats cold.

Chase always takes responsibility and never makes excuses, and is so hard on himself. He sounds like a champion already.
I liked it at first but am starting to get annoyed by it.

Great first time win, now he will be able to settle down and get more.
He was lucky Brad was good at pushing and he thanked him.

Wonder how it would have played out if neither of them got help.??

Well I'm sure he'll stop now that he knows it upsets you ;)
Its probably because I wasn't predisposed to root for him off the bat. I can see that is already changing though. But yea once he gets the call from my assistant he will probably start acting like a KB.

Great first time win, now he will be able to settle down and get more.
He was lucky Brad was good at pushing and he thanked him.

Wonder how it would have played out if neither of them got help.??
I'm thinking the same result. He was the fastest for maybe the last half of the race.

Missed most of the race but caught the end. So stoked for Larson, feel bad for Chase but his will come very soon.

We have so much great talent for years to come.

Absolutely. Larson, Blaney, Elliott, Buescher, Jones, Byron, Suarez, and even younger talent coming up. Add in that guys like Keslowski and Logano still have a lot of years left in the tank and the talent is there for a lot of good racing in the future.

Chase always takes responsibility and never makes excuses, and is so hard on himself. He sounds like a champion already.

Chase Elliott is the antithesis Shrub Busch as Shrub is always assigning blame to someone else and Chase wouldn't even think about it. We need more people like him, IMO.

Chase Elliott is the antithesis Shrub Busch as Shrub is always assigning blame to someone else and Chase wouldn't even think about it. We need more people like him, IMO.

Fast forward to 2066 at the bar in Dawsonville.

"Chase! did you order another pitcher for last call?"

"Uh no...I guess my timing was off again...I take full responsibility"

I watch Chase's interviews and bothers me a lot that he is so hard on himself. He needs to learn that no one is perfect and to believe that it will come, that it's only a matter of time.

Solid race. Clean air ruled the day but no one had a dominant car. I thought Chase was going to do it but had a terrible restart. My guess is he learns from this one.

Michigan is an awesome place to see a race. The facility is top notch. I thought the crowd today was very good given the heat. It was brutally hot! A lot of people had left by the end. Getting in and out was a breeze! The trams worked great! There was minimal wait time.

My one gripe with Michigan is its almost too easy of a track for these cars. The cars are so hooked up they just click off laps. The last time I was here, 2004, they were still sliding around in the turns. They'd also run along the wall in the corners....

Pics tomorrow..

Back
Top Bottom