Cup RACE thread --- Michigan, Rd. 2

So pardon me for saying this randomness that everyone else probably has known for a bit now. But being at the track yesterday it caught my attention... the lights on pace car are staying on even as the field approaches the green flag...

I still remember “lights off signals one to go”.

Have they been doing this for awhile now, and I’ve just now noticed?

So pardon me for saying this randomness that everyone else probably has known for a bit now. But being at the track yesterday it caught my attention... the lights on pace car are staying on even as the field approaches the green flag...

I still remember “lights off signals one to go”.

Have they been doing this for awhile now, and I’ve just now noticed?
I just checked the replay and It looked to me like they went off when the car crossed the start/finish line with one to go.

I just checked the replay and It looked to me like they went off when the car crossed the start finish line with one to go.

I’m probably just imagining they were on at a point when they weren’t. Although I was in a unique spot for once yesterday. The camp lot behind turn 2, watching the field race down the back and into turn 3... maybe they have some rear safety lights on the pace vehicle only the drivers would notice?

I probably goofed up with what I was looking at.

Thanks for taking a look

I’m probably just imagining they were on at a point when they weren’t. Although I was in a unique spot for once yesterday. The camp lot behind turn 2, watching the field race down the back and into turn 3... maybe they have some rear safety lights on the pace vehicle only the drivers would notice?

I probably goofed up with what I was looking at.

Thanks for taking a look
I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. I do at every race that we attend.

It may have been a different restart than when I checked also. They have been known to make a mistake or two. :D

Back
Top Bottom