Cup RACE thread --- Michigan

#24 and #5 strategy goes up there with the #19 and #18 at Indy where they both took themselves out and the #2 and #22 at this season’s Daytona 500 where both took themselves out.

A strategy for two when only one can win rarely ever works. The only team that matters on race day are the people matching your uniform.
12b660fe4af5ccec734cf47db3fbd53e.jpg
It screwed Byron more. Larson still got a top 3 and an extended points lead.

God I love Kurt.

Who woulda said that 10 years ago?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pat
“Six runs in a row with the worst finish being 11th, that’s this team.”

Honestly thats a huge reason why I like Matt so much. He could easily be plugging himself and trying to get a job while on TV, but he gave credit to the entire team.

Guy is a natural leader and this is what Dale Jr was talking about when he said that Matt might not be a super elite driver, but he makes everyone in the shop better.

“Six runs in a row with the worst finish being 11th, that’s this team.”

Honestly thats a huge reason why I like Matt so much. He could easily be plugging himself and trying to get a job while on TV, but he gave credit to the entire team.

Guy is a natural leader and this is what Dale Jr was talking about when he said that Matt might not be a super elite driver, but he makes everyone in the shop better.
100% this. Exactly why I’m a fan also. People will over look this and only talk about him whining and all that, but this here is what needs to be talked about.

That was a fun finish , better than that brickyard ending thing.
Back to a "messy finish" kind of thing next week at Tona but still love that track.
Someone PLEASE sign Matty D !

There’s a Black Bear in Tarzana, were you there?
No, Buena Park. I'm leaving early Thur morning to head up to Northern California for a slot car race this weekend and I will stop at Zingo's in Bakersfield at one of my favorite breakfast cafes.:whoopee:

I have to admit, I loved the 90s restrictor plate style of racing today. Ever since the repave this place has just not worn out at all, leading to speeds just far too high that hurt the racing.

Early 2000s this place was 200-205 on entry, and lowered to 160ish in the corner. We’re obviously never going to get that back with 750 hp cars and a smooth track so I’m fine with this. Was damn exciting

I have to admit, I loved the 90s restrictor plate style of racing today. Ever since the repave this place has just not worn out at all, leading to speeds just far too high that hurt the racing.

Early 2000s this place was 200-205 on entry, and lowered to 160ish in the corner. We’re obviously never going to get that back with 750 hp cars and a smooth track so I’m fine with this. Was damn exciting
Awesome that you enjoyed it!

TBF, 2014 Michigan was a damn good race without the package nonsense.

Two mistakes here, Brad could have let off at the line and went up the track BUT
Dillon went below the line for the position and it is his responsibility to enter the racing surface safely. He didn't and paid the price for assuming he didn't have to.

dug this up from Jayski
  • At the end of the regular season, the points leader is awarded 15 playoff points. Second place receives 10 playoff points, 3rd place 8, 4th place 7, 6th place 5, 7th place 4; 8th place 3, 9th place 2, and 10th place 1 playoff point.
  • As the start of the playoffs, each eligible driver’s point total is reset to 2000 points, plus the total number of playoff points they earned during the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom