Cup RACE thread --- Michigan

You know, I've seen enough, I think they should just call this one super early and let the teams prepare for Daytona

You know, I've seen enough, I think they should just call this one super early and let the teams prepare for Daytona
As a 9 fan, I wholeheartedly agree. Not for my fandom, but I lust for the internet meltdown of NASCAR gifting Chase (another) win. 😈🤣

It might work out that they get the whole 200 laps in tomorrow now, but I don’t know why they didn’t move the start up 1 hour yesterday when the forecast was what it was.

The rain is annoying, but thankfully we’re racing in Daytona next weekend. It never rains there! 🙃

IMG_1467.png

It might work out that they get the whole 200 laps in tomorrow now, but I don’t know why they didn’t move the start up 1 hour yesterday when the forecast was what it was.
I’m glad they didn’t. We probably be at the end of stage 2 by now, which means the race would be official, and it be no coming back tomorrow. I want a full race, not a battle til the end of stage 2

Are they really gonna try to get to halfway? Wtf. Tomorrows forecast is perfect, and zero chance they go full distance unless they resume essentially NOW

Keselowski too. I don't understand why guys that are not in a tight points battle would stay out. Buescher needs the stage points to make the playoffs, but Byron and Kez do not.

Exactly. Are these guys even fast enough to make back up the track position? I wasn't following Kezelowski, but Byron definitely wasn't moving forward.

Do you think we be done if we started at 1 today? I doubt it. So with that, this race would be called and it wouldn’t have made the whole distance.
Does not matter. If it’s a blanket policy, it’s an hour and a half of extra daylight today. And for some of these races, it would be as much as three extra hours.

I really hope Amazon and TNT put an end to these late windows.
TNT making Atlanta a Saturday night race gives me some hope there’ll be some more consideration towards those types of things. At the very least, tracks that don’t have lights should probably have green flag times well before 2:30 PM local.

TNT making Atlanta a Saturday night race gives me some hope there’ll be some more consideration towards those types of things. At the very least, tracks that don’t have lights should probably have green flag times well before 2:30 PM local.
There’s been some talk lately about how Saturday night is becoming a big TV window for live sports again.

Do you argue about everything?

Earlier start time means more daylight.
About as much as you argue about.

But hey I guess giving opinions is arguing. I’m sorry that we disagree on this, I just like having a full race, no rule will fix that, rain happens at all times, yes it gives you extra daylight, 100% I won’t argue that. I’m just saying starting at 1 today wouldn’t have helped. That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom