Cup RACE thread --- Nashville

Tbh I compare Nashville most to Vegas. Quite possibly the #2 “party” spot in America. Place is insane, Broadway and the Strip have very similar vibes. Nashville just does it southern style
I love Vegas. Never have had a bad time there. I also have been to Nashville twice and I thought it was okay, didnt have a bad time but I thought I had more fun in Vegas. The Honky Tonk Southern party scene wears on me after a while. I felt there's so many more things to do in Vegas, you could get lost in your hotel depending on where you are staying for days.

I just had a startling thought as I took a quick break to enjoy my lunch here at work. Is NBC still emphasizing "Home Track" and if so was it a consensus that Track House Racing was racing at it's home track? Was it mentioned during the broadcast? I started tuning NBC out when they tried comparing Nashville to Vegas. Anyone that has been to both wouldnt even entertain that thought and realize how laughable that is.
I lived in Nashville for a couple of years right before moving to California, but I have spent a lot of time in Las Vegas also, and I like Vegas a little more. Plus it is a dry heat instead of a wet one. That being said I liked Vegas much better when they had coins coming out of the slot machines and there were so many good deals on prime rib dinners and cheaper hotel rates with no resort fees.

I lived in Nashville for a couple of years right before moving to California, but I have spent a lot of time in Las Vegas also, and I like Vegas a little more. Plus it is a dry heat instead of a wet one. That being said I liked Vegas much better when they had coins coming out of the slot machines and there were so many good deals on prime rib dinners and cheaper hotel rates with no resort fees.
I love those dinners ha ha I hate buffets except when I go to Vegas. I'll deal with the intestinal issues later, load that plate up ha ha. I've never had a bad meal in Vegas either. Now talking about this, I want go to sometime this year.

I just had a startling thought as I took a quick break to enjoy my lunch here at work. Is NBC still emphasizing "Home Track" and if so was it a consensus that Track House Racing was racing at it's home track? Was it mentioned during the broadcast? I started tuning NBC out when they tried comparing Nashville to Vegas. Anyone that has been to both wouldnt even entertain that thought and realize how laughable that is.
As a Nashvillian who goes to Vegas every couple years, I agree. Nashville is fun, but Vegas is just on another level.

Yeah they mentioned it once that I heard that it was their home track.

Kyle Larson – Winner: “It’s still just early on, so it could change. I think fans can appreciate me because I do it in all different types of forms of racing, not just NASCAR. You don’t know what car I’m going to be in on what day of the week. I could be in a sprint car like I will be tomorrow, in a late model middle of the week some other day, then a Cup car on Sunday. I think fans, because I’m a little bit different than your normal race car driver, I think that’s why fans so far seem to still cheer me on and like to see me winning. Too, I think they can appreciate my story and how hard I’ve had to work to come and get to where I’m at today, too. I think there’s a lot that goes into it. I appreciate the fan support and I like being a fan favorite. It definitely means a lot to me.”

In this case I think the man behind the gun should be disqualified from the next 2 races as a minimum penalty.

In this case I think the man behind the gun should be disqualified from the next 2 races as a minimum penalty.
Why in this case? We don't even know yet if there was a gun malfunction... and he wasn't the one that made the call to keep the 9 car on the track after it was discovered there was a problem anyway.

If it was one loose lug per wheel, Elliott would lose his whole pit crew. That would probably work for you, but I don't think that would work too well in the real world.

Were all five loose lugs on the same wheel? I have to imagine it was just one or two being loose initially, causing the loose wheel, which over several laps would cause the other lugnuts to loosen as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheel studs were bent.

Losing the stage points is what bugs me. It makes no sense and sets a bad precedent. If the lugs are loose enough that the wheel comes off out on the track, does he still lose the stage points? What if he walls it on the frontstretch as he crosses the finish line on the last lap, does he still get the penalty?

Were all five loose lugs on the same wheel? I have to imagine it was just one or two being loose initially, causing the loose wheel, which over several laps would cause the other lugnuts to loosen as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheel studs were bent.

Losing the stage points is what bugs me. It makes no sense and sets a bad precedent. If the lugs are loose enough that the wheel comes off out on the track, does he still lose the stage points? What if he walls it on the frontstretch as he crosses the finish line on the last lap, does he still get the penalty?
kinda all over the place there. a DQ means you don't get anything. No money, no points, nothing in the racing world. The penalty is for lug nuts that aren't tightened properly on a pit stop NOT a racing incident

kinda all over the place there. a DQ means you don't get anything. No money, no points, nothing in the racing world. The penalty is for lug nuts that aren't tightened properly on a pit stop NOT a racing incident

OK, so forget the rulebook for a second. What do you think is worse.....lugnuts that are loose enough to cause a loose wheel, or lugnuts that are so loose that cause the wheel to come off on the track? Because according to NASCAR, the penalty is more harsh for the former, not the latter. That ain't right.

OK, so forget the rulebook for a second. What do you think is worse.....lugnuts that are loose enough to cause a loose wheel, or lugnuts that are so loose that cause the wheel to come off on the track? Because according to NASCAR, the penalty is more harsh for the former, not the latter. That ain't right.
Different rule

The rule in the NASCAR rule book states team members are suspended four races after a wheel comes off (crew chief, tire carrier, and tire changer).

Different rule

The rule in the NASCAR rule book states team members are suspended four races after a wheel comes off (crew chief, tire carrier, and tire changer).
If it was one loose lug per wheel, Elliott would lose his whole pit crew. That would probably work for you, but I don't think that would work too well in the real world.

So I guess it is the real world for the tire changer to be penalized.

Back
Top Bottom