Cup RACE thread --- Nashville

I’m glad they didn’t throw that caution FWIW, but there really is a stark difference in how these calls are made when it’s Elliott vs anyone else.

I’d need to see a replay but it looked like he choose not to go down pit road and even stayed up on the track

Man what happened to the 18? 21st?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

There wasn't a caution because there didn't need to be a caution. The 6 was down on the access road, well out of harm's way.

People are so stupid and don't understand what constitutes a caution
Agreed, 6 got out of the way before the leaders got back around.

There wasn't a caution because there didn't need to be a caution. The 6 was down on the access road, well out of harm's way.

I agree 100%, no need for a caution once it was determined the 6 could make it to access road

Was there even any fluid on the track from the 77? Seemed like the opportunity they wanted to throw a caution in that situation

NASCAR needed to let the race finish, this ******* doesnt understand that either, there was simply no need for a yellow.

Last lap Brad was almost stopped on the back but the race would have been over if they threw the caution there. Nothing that happened in the 2 laps preceding that needed a caution.

People always love making a big deal over nothing

Is there a curfew for the siren in Dawsonville?

Reactions: Pat
Congrats to Chase.

Wins regardless of the yellow. But man, NASCAR let that tire roll during that pit cycle on the FRONT STRETCH for a good 10 seconds with cars going by it, and didn't throw the yellow until the 18 and 9 got their lap back. That's a bigger deal than the Keselowski situation, as Brad was trying to make a point by staying on the track and was on the front stretch with Elliott coming down. Whatever.

But the first situation should have been an immediate caution and it wasn't. That was potentially dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The #4 made a good points jump tonight

Kinda strange Jr is saying that Chase has had problems and has been inconsistant. He's been leading the points all bleeping season

Kinda strange Jr is saying that Chase has had problems and has been inconsistant. He's been leading the points all bleeping season
I don't think people realize how consistent he has been running 6th to 8th in a year where everyone else is up and down

Frustrated as a Larson fan man. Having a lot of race winning cars this year and not even putting themselves in position to win. Had the field covered that first run in stage 3 when Elliott and he tore through the field, but just got off tire sequence and lost track position on a restart and was never on sequence until he restarted 20th with 40 to go.

Fought back for a top 5, but they're leaving A LOT of results on the table. Was good enough to win tonight. But more importantly, they need to break through for that second win soon, and put together a full race. Too many poorly executed races this year.

As for the winner, I'd think Chase fans must feel the monkey is off his back now..first two wins of the season on ovals and no RCs and I don't think that's happened before.

15 career wins, officially skewed in favor of non RCs. Good stuff. You like to see your driver run a winning race at a track because the car and team had it, and not just because "they're good here".

I don't think people realize how consistent he has been running 6th to 8th in a year where everyone else is up and down
You would think Jr of all people would know that, Hell I'm not a great Elliott fan but even I knew that. Maybe Hendrick peed in his corn flakes or something.

Him and Leturd doubled down and said they hadn't seen him in the top 5 all night after he had just drove up to 3rd under green, came and took tires under caution to restart 14th, then drove to 1st lol.

Like looking here

Tied for wins, tied for lead in top 10s, only Blaney has more top 20s, he is dominant on stage points no one else is close, 1.1 points per race higher then 2nd, leads best avg finish by .5 a spot, and only Byron has led more laps. He doesn't have a ton of top 5s but besides that Chase is having a very good year.

Reactions: Pat
Him and Leturd doubled down and said they hadn't seen him in the top 5 all night after he had just drove up to 3rd under green, came and took tires under caution to restart 14th, then drove to 1st lol.
I commented on that too. They said that after his 3rd separate RUN in the top 5.

NBC is terrible and I stand by it.

Like looking here

Tied for wins, tied for lead in top 10s, only Blaney has more top 20s, he is dominant on stage points no one else is close, 1.1 points per race higher then 2nd, leads best avg finish by .5 a spot, and only Byron has led more laps. He doesn't have a ton of top 5s but besides that Chase is having a very good year.
Ross Chastain leads the cup series (tied) in wins, top 5s and top 10s.

WTF

All the guitar trophy reminds me of is Kyle Busch smashing the legendary Sam Bass he received for winning a Busch race... good times

Back
Top Bottom