Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 1

Chase thinks he hurt the transmission for sure. Looks like they’ll need to start in rear because this engine won’t last. Now it’s popping out of 4th gear...

I love that Jeff Gordon is an announcer.

He’s still just feeling his way but I agree; he gets his point across based on massive experience in a clear and concise manner. He could be as great a booth man as he was a driver.

Seemed like everybody here hated DW but I miss him.
I feel DW got old. He was pretty out of touch and a bit too old school for today's sport of moving forward.

Larry Mac I miss though. He's super smart and is *with it*.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He’s still just feeling his way but I agree; he gets his point across based on massive experience in a clear and concise manner. He could be as great a booth man as he was a driver.
Most importantly he has modern experience.

I just said this to 10-4, but I wish Larry Mac was still in the booth. I feel he and Jeff would be great together.

Seemed like everybody here hated DW but I miss him.

How could anyone hate DW?

To be honest I never thought he brought much more than enthusiasm but it was worth him being in there sometimes because of his rare nuggets.

Like the story he told about his first time at Daytona, pulling back in the pits and asking his crew if they had the right guy (he was scared to go high on the embankment).

I feel DW got old. He was pretty out of touch and a bit too old school for today's sport of moving forward.

Larry Mac I miss though. He's super smart and is *with it*.

Yeah I like Larry Mac he's the smartest one of the whole lot Fox or NBC.

eh, what I like the most is that they aren't trying to out shout each other..that goes a long way in my book.
Enjoy it while it lasts because NBC is around the corner.

Rick freaking Allen.

Worst thing to ever happen to NASCAR.

How could anyone hate DW?

To be honest I never thought he brought much more than enthusiasm but it was worth him being in there sometimes because of his rare nuggets.

Like the story he told about his first time at Daytona, pulling back in the pits and asking his crew if they had the right guy (he was scared to go high on the embankment).

His enthusiasm was hard to beat. How many years removed from a race car was he but he still had a passion for the sport? And he had some good stories too. No, he wasn't exactly relevant to the modern cars but that doesnt mean he didn't bring something to the table imo.

9 drove away from the 48 after exiting the corner nose to tail even. Jimmie has been getting **** cars lately.

Back
Top Bottom