Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

48 stealing a win after not leading all day.

Different driver but same 48.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

THE ************* SHOWMAN! Clint called his shot. The 48 back in VL in style.

Thank you Kevin Harvick. Loses a right rear and walls it to save us from another Logano/Hamlin snore

It was like he came down to intentionally block, wth was that?

The opposite end of the Awareness Spectrum from Harvick I guess.
Yeah, looked like he wanted to just park it right in front of Bowman. I don't remember him being much of a nuisance since trying to pit from the parking lot outside Turn 4 at Texas last year but that was pretty bad. Definitely made it closer than it needed to be for Bowman.

Denny is a single dad and he has become relatable to me

Joey is actually pretty likeable off the track, unfortunately he drives like such a selfish ass.
He’s there to win, not make friends. Brad has the same attitude. It’s worked out well for those two. Blaney should take notes.

Denny, Truex, and Joey have definitely separated themselves from the pack as of now. Truex has arguably had the best speed on a week to week basis, Denny is having a historically consistent year, and Joey is hit or miss but when he’s on he’s a top 3 car and a threat to win. All 3 will get multiple wins

Bowman driving back up there after the penalty was impressive. Didn't hesitate to send it down the inside on Denny either, I like that.

HMS has a complete stable of driver's right now. Love to see it from a competition standpoint.

Denny, Truex, and Joey have definitely separated themselves from the pack as of now. Truex has arguably had the best speed on a week to week basis, Denny is having a historically consistent year, and Joey is hit or miss but when he’s on he’s a top 3 car and a threat to win. All 3 will get multiple wins
Amazing how fast Larson went from hero to zero.

Amazing how fast Larson went from hero to zero.
The guys I named are 1,2,3 in points. Larson isn’t even the top Hendrick driver in the standings and Bowman and Byron have equal amount of wins. Larson is fast and has potential
but has only had more then one win in a season once. I’ll put him with those guys when he does it on a consistent basis like Chase did 2018-20. Until then he’s in the Blaney, Bowman 2nd tier driver category.

Last edited:
Oh, we’ll hear about it ad nauseum until he breaks through. *walks away bitterly*
Honestly, I expected it at least. They were focused on the championship while mostly everyone else was focused on 2021. I remember Chad talking about being more behind everyone else each of their championship seasons because while they were focused on the championship, everyone else was focused on speed for the next year.

Richmond has always kinda sucked for Chase. He doesn’t have the track figured out. They’ll be back in it soon.

He’s there to win, not make friends. Brad has the same attitude. It’s worked out well for those two. Blaney should take notes.

This. I haven’t cared for Logano in the past. But I respect his talent. And the dude is consistent in that he races everyone the same way. 100% intensity. Expects others to treat him the same way. Has gotten more self aware as he’s matured.

The opposite of Denny. Who talks a ton of **** and plays a tough guy. Then drives like a Mary everytime the money is on the line. Like Bristol for example.

I also agree Blaney absolutely needs to take notes. There’s a reason he gets used up all the time. Needs his ball dropping moment like Chase had with Denny.

Oh, we’ll hear about it ad nauseum until he breaks through. *walks away bitterly*

They’re in a bit of a slump right now. But not full on title hangover like Busch in ‘19.

They’ll be fine. Still plenty of roadies coming up for them to break out of it.

The opposite of Denny. Who talks a ton of **** and plays a tough guy. Then drives like a Mary everytime the money is on the line. Like Bristol for example.
The “nobody likes us anyways” comment is kinda hilarious. Every top tier driver Denny has had beef with has come out ahead of him with a championship. Keselowski, Logano, & Elliott.

Denny has a ton of talent but has been way over confident and underperformed at the most critical times. I think as he gets closer each time, he will eventually grab that championship. He just needs to start being honest with himself.

The “nobody likes us anyways” comment is kinda hilarious. Every top tier driver Denny has had beef with has come out ahead of him with a championship. Keselowski, Logano, & Elliott.

Denny has a ton of talent but has been way over confident and underperformed at the most critical times. I think as he gets closer each time, he will eventually grab that championship. He just needs to start being honest with himself.
I think it was a miss quote, I think that was the 48 teams radio.

Via Gluck:

I think it was a miss quote, I think that was the 48 teams radio.

81fb6a4c924d06a0bf0197773b2bf37b.gif

Back
Top Bottom