Cup RACE thread --- Road America

Not terrible timing IMO. This will put everyone on the same fuel strategy and lock up track position the way it is. Don't know why Elliot fans are getting bummed out. If it stayed green, you'd be running the risk of it turning into fuel conversation, or yellow during pit cycles.

This is the best case scenario for 9 to win the race.

The 24 is who got screwed the most there. Just bad race calling to not pit with the leaders at the end of stage 2. Probably would have control of the race, I just don't understand what the point of that was other than to do something different.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Everyone should be good to go on fuel with this caution after these stops.

Pack that cell up as much as possible and send it.
Right? If anything, this yellow prevents a major shakeup. Track position and fuel is locked in.

Not terrible timing IMO. This will put everyone on the same fuel strategy and lock up track position the way it is. Don't know why Elliot fans are getting bummed out. If it stayed green, you'd be running the risk of it turning into fuel conversation, or yellow during pit cycles.

This is the best case scenario for 9 to win the race.

The 24 is who got screwed the most there. Just bad race calling to not pit with the leaders at the end of stage 2. Probably would have control of the race, I just don't understand what the point of that was other than to do something different.

I think cause instead of being able to pit under green with the 4+ second advantage you built, now you're coming with everyone and who knows what happens. Besides that, races staying green are always better.

Man seems like the JGR guys are always picking up spots on pit road

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Still, not worried about 18 and 11. Chase will make short work of them. 5 right behind him is the threat.

I think cause instead of being able to pit under green with the 4+ second advantage you built, now you're coming with everyone and who knows what happens. Besides that, races staying green are always better.
Well this is true, was he really going to be able to make it on fuel? I don't know if this was talked about on the broadcast or not, but I was under the impression they can only go 16 or so laps. If my math was right, which it probably isn't Chase, Kyle and Maddie D and all those other guys would have had to find a way to save about an extra lap of fuel.
I missed most of the second stage, so I've been following loosely. But I honestly thought that a yellow flag before pit stops start would be the best case scenario to get everyone on the same fuel sequence and allow the leaders to keep their track position. That's how I see it, could definitely be wrong though.

Still, not worried about 18 and 11. Chase will make short work of them. 5 right behind him is the threat.
24 is the only real threat.

5 has god awful long run speed, and poor drive off.

I wanted to argue with @jaqua19 , but he’s right. This at least takes the whole “yellow right as or after you pit” screwing out of the equation. It just erased gap to 5 and 24, both of which I’m confident the 9 has covered.

I wanted to argue with @jaqua19 , but he’s right. This at least takes the whole “yellow right as or after you pit” screwing out of the equation. It just erased gap to 5 and 24, both of which I’m confident the 9 has covered.
Love ya buddy.

24 probably could have kept the 9 behind him if he had track position.

But instead, Frugal was pretty foolish and has his driver nowhere near the top 10.

Byron should be pissed.

May have a battle for points lead here. Larson needs to get there in next 3 laps before he starts dropping like a rock.

That was really smart of Blaney to give up the spot before the 20 got inside as well.

Not falling for the 5. Larson was at best a 5th place car, and quite a bit worse than that after 8-9 laps into a run.

Best bet is to not try to run down two cars that may be quicker, and settle in and keep the gap over the 11.

And around goes Willy B. Just a disasterous race with what was race winning speed.

Jesus Christ man.

Points don’t matter these days
Getting to the final 4 will be a lot easier. Harvick last year is only regular season champ to not make it.

Hamlin may get back by Larson.

Larson is gonna fall probably to 6th.

Eddie just told Chase to save in case there’s a late restart. In other words, back off you’re killing it.

They blew it in stage 2 imo.

This is just fitting. This was at minimum a top 2 finish. Just bad bad race calling.

Just like when he was dominating at Sonoma and Knauss chased stage wins.

Well, my boy Blaney is having a crappy day. One of the few races I get to see when we are traveling.

Eddie just told Chase to save in case there’s a late restart. In other words, back off you’re killing it.
Same situation as the 5 at Sonoma.

And with the 24 being as fast as he was today, and the 48 hanging in the top 5, HMS just has road course and speedway racing absolutely covered right now.

Just like when he was dominating at Sonoma and Knauss chased stage wins.
Yup. The one time they were dominating Sonoma lol. Well, second time.

But yeah. I haven't paid too close attention to the 24, but two finishes outside the top 10 with top 3 speed falls on the CC.

Larson lucked out Hamlin decided to Hamlin and the 48 is between them now. Probably will finish ahead of the 11 now and officially take over the points lead.

Back
Top Bottom