Cup RACE thread --- Roval

But people picked them not to finish out of the first round for a reason. Because all season their average is where they pretty much ran at in points, they didn’t pick them to finish there because they hate Bubba, I’m naive enough to think they based it off on performance. Im not saying they shouldn’t have had swagger but I also won’t say I don’t hate them being knocked down a notch after they were quick to chap their gums. I will say Bubba was pure class today, I think better days are ahead for the 23 team.
Oh I mean I get why they did, but it doesn’t change that I think he has every right to mention that nobody believed in him because nobody did. But, not saying anyone in the media or here did, but they are definitely some who picked him to not advance off of hate for him. Most definitely wasn’t for that reason.

Once the NASCAR fan hive mind decides they hate a driver, they bitch about everything. Give those same words to Kyle Larson and people are praising him for “his drive to win.”
So what? Its been that way since the sport started, Bubba doesn't get a pass

Didn't get home until late, so just caught up. Saw a good race. That battle between the 16 and the 24 was really good. Both were all out for the win.
Bubba's interview was interesting. And I totally get what he was saying -- when you mess up, you get back in the pack and anything can happen.
When has it NOT been that way?

Forgot to say I was so relieved when Ricky Stenhouse got out of that burning car.

Last edited:
lol. Riiiight. is it because he is white and black? Or just a whiner?
Oh man…people just DYING for someone to go there and mention the b word….so we can take it down the r express….

Drivers are disliked, especially when they act all high and mighty. Deal with it people…

You think aero is new? That this stuff didn't happen back in the 70's, 80's, 90's 2000's? Hint- it did
Then why could Chase come from the back in 2018 and win while anyone who got buried in the teens was doomed today. It’s ok to admit this car sucks man.

Fun time all in all today. I never would have sat in GM Tower over in oval 1 and 2, but not bad at all. I still prefer club deck, but these would be much much cheaper. Despite a far less than usual Roval crowd, it was a real b***h to get out and home. Still not too bad to be home at 8:00 after 2:20ish green.

It was already planned and practiced in advance, Ricky knew exactly had much time he had.

The Felon had Stenhouse to pull the Fire cable at the best time for Byron.

Good help is hard to find and the Felon only burns his sacrifice when it is absolute necessary.
The way he walked around the car looking he was definitely thinking “what the Duck just happened??”

I’m aware of that.

He insulted fellow competitors that he was racing with. I think that speaks to his attitude during the interview.
Well I guess all drivers have sucky attitudes then.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He's been off since before the Chase.

His summer streak was really the only time this year he looked good.

Yes. That’s what I’ve been thinking when people say he’s been better than Byron this year. It was summer. They’re always someone who gets hot in the summertime who isn’t the dominant driver that season.

Yes. That’s what I’ve been thinking when people say he’s been better than Byron this year. It was summer. They’re always someone who gets hot in the summertime who isn’t the dominant driver that season.
At the same time, Byron and Hamlin both slumped.

Now, all the data shows he IS faster than Byron this year. But he hasn't been better and the team isn't putting full races together.

Man, Bubba just can't get a friggin break from fans.

Dude, in disappointment gave probably the most grounded, level headed interview of his career, and took responsibility for his own mistakes during the interview, discussed considering what he did wrong, and the improvements he made.

Handled defeat graciously, owned his role in getting eliminated maturely, and because he called the backmarkers "squirrels" (something all drivers, and fans do with different words each week), he gets ripped on?

Get a grip guys

Well I guess all drivers have sucky attitudes then.
My remarks are limited to some of what Wallace said during his interview.

I didn’t feel the need to compare and contrast his comments with the contents of interviews given by “all drivers”.

Man, Bubba just can't get a friggin break from fans.

Dude, in disappointment gave probably the most grounded, level headed interview of his career, and took responsibility for his own mistakes during the interview, discussed considering what he did wrong, and the improvements he made.

Handled defeat graciously, owned his role in getting eliminated maturely, and because he called the backmarkers "squirrels" (something all drivers, and fans do with different words each week), he gets ripped on?

Get a grip guys

Yeah, I was honestly surprised and pretty happy with his interview. Dude’s normally so down on himself (which when that’s not bad despite what some of these fans think and say) but like I didn’t see any whining today, he even was upbeat about all the stuff they done this season, said the season isn’t over, talked about Homestead and Martinsville. Made a joke about not going to Phoenix (which I’m shocked no one complained about)

lol folks said he wasn’t going to make the playoffs or advance. A lot of goal post pushing out there. Qualified 4th and had a good run today until that incident, I don’t understand the hate around him.
Merry Off Season and Happy Christmas

Again, thank God for the DVR.
Watched the race in about 20 minutes.
Good grief why this crappy fake clown course? What was wrong with the charlotte oval race?

Well make sure to go in watching it and give it a fair chance. Because the squirrels comment is being overblown
I just watched it and I felt he gave a pretty good interview. I loved seeing Michael Jordan giving him a hug. MJ was my favorite basketball player of all time. I have so much respect for everything he has accomplished in his life and everything he has done for others.

Boy, including the front chicane in the restart path made a huge difference in how they got into turn 1. The twisting path meant less speed into 1 and fewer incidents in both races. It also put some talent on display on the restarts.

I mean hey, people here talk about Squirrels and Gerbils and all type of animals. Drivers should be allowed to. He had a good interview, he took ownership of knowing he could’ve did things better.
I must not be paying attention; I've never heard 'squirrels' before this race. Who are they?

Yeah, I was honestly surprised and pretty happy with his interview. Dude’s normally so down on himself (which when that’s not bad despite what some of these fans think and say) but like I didn’t see any whining today, he even was upbeat about all the stuff they done this season, said the season isn’t over, talked about Homestead and Martinsville. Made a joke about not going to Phoenix (which I’m shocked no one complained about)
Sounded good on the radio.

Not sure what was up with that. I think they held traffic for 30 minutes to allow pedestrians. The guy in front of me was melting down, screaming about his 8:00 plane :XXROFL:
I think you're correct. They were letting pedestrians cross 29 for way longer at one time than I remember previously. I took advantage of it on foot, paid for it in car. :XXROFL:

Fun time all in all today. I never would have sat in GM Tower over in oval 1 and 2, but not bad at all. I still prefer club deck, but these would be much much cheaper. Despite a far less than usual Roval crowd, it was a real b***h to get out and home. Still not too bad to be home at 8:00 after 2:20ish green.

Traffic is one of the biggest reasons I haven’t been to a Charlotte race since 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the booth explained one more time how the points work

I think you're correct. They were letting pedestrians cross 29 for way longer at one time than I remember previously. I took advantage of it on foot, paid for it in car. :XXROFL:
Ditto. Next time I'm changing my parking lot. The next one over had an exit downstream from the blocked intersections.

Good group for the next round. Our champion is one of these 8
IMG_7397.jpeg

Ditto. Next time I'm changing my parking lot. The next one over had an exit downstream from the blocked intersections.
I always parked a long walking distance away from track with the shortest possibile pathway to drive on to a road.
I have never been much for the post race stuff and I would head for the gates as soon as the last car crossed the finish line. I kept the headset on MRN or PRN to get the final run downs, etc, while walking to the car.
We even carried a Styrofoam cooler to leave behind for a faster escape. I always carried in a SubWay sandwhich to minimize what I needed to carry out as well.

I always parked a long walking distance away from track with the shortest possibile pathway to drive on to a road.
I have never been much for the post race stuff and I would head for the gates as soon as the last car crossed the finish line. I kept the headset on MRN or PRN to get the final run downs, etc, while walking to the car.
We even carried a Styrofoam cooler to leave behind for a faster escape. I always carried in a SubWay sandwhich to minimize what I needed to carry out as well.
Your plan is almost exactly like mine, down to leaving at the checkers, keeping the headset on, and the Subway sammich. The only diff is my left knee is getting questionable so I've started trying to park closer. If they hadn't changed the pedestrian priority, I'd have been rolling maybe 10 minutes after AJ crossed the line.

But even with the delay yesterday, I cleared traffic by about 6:35. (My apologies to that SUV that pulled up beside me and thought I was going to yield when two lanes narrowed to one. Or maybe not. :lilangel:) Gods know I've sat longer in traffic at Rockingham; getting out of there was a serious pooch screw.

Back
Top Bottom