Cup RACE thread --- Soggy Daytona

Just looked at the radar, of course it’s coastal weather and could change drastically but there’s about 4 more hours of rain and then it’s clear
Looks like they could easily get it in today but it’s not gonna be any time soon

How did anybody think, Dale Jarrett? Nah, let's go with Jeff Burton, people will love him.
I thought Jeff did a great job when he was in the studio, before they moved him to the booth. He'd been racing more recently than DJ so it probably made sense.

They should have swapped him out long ago.

Just looked at the radar, of course it’s coastal weather and could change drastically but there’s about 4 more hours of rain and then it’s clear
Looks like they could easily get it in today but it’s not gonna be any time soon
Two of the last three races we didn’t even go green until well after 4 PM, no reason they shouldn’t wait today. Every other Sunday we aren’t even in prerace yet.

I think that's the best move, especially with what this race means for the playoffs. What time did the Xfinity race get over last night? I know it'll be frustrating for these drivers to have to just sit around all day just so they can finish the last 21 laps, but I think NASCAR really needs to wait as long as they can.

I hope CNBC will show us the IMSA race during the break.
Its weird, the program guide shows the IMSA race on CNBC next but they just said its on USA, program guide shows Law & Order on USA .

Two of the last three races we didn’t even go green until well after 4 PM, no reason they shouldn’t wait today. Every other Sunday we aren’t even in prerace yet.
The fact that they’ve waited this long makes me think they’re gonna get this in if it all feasible, they’re not gonna take that black eye of an ending if they can help it

The fact that they’ve waited this long makes me think they’re gonna get this in if it all feasible, they’re not gonna take that black eye of an ending if they can help it
Yeah, I think are going to try and wait it out, I believe if they were going to call they would of done it by now.

All week I was bummed about not being in Daytona this year until I realized I've been to this exact race 100 times already. Piss poor weather all weekend and my guy wrecking out after leading a few.

Pretty frustrating having to listen to all the gerbils never mention the fact that Blaney has wiped the floor about performance in the series compared to Truex.

I'm finally getting around to grilling that steak.....

20220828-140116.jpg

Back
Top Bottom