Cup RACE thread --- Soggy Daytona

Rutledge at home since yesterday, thinking of the Overtime he missed out on today...

Explains why IMSA is on USA

Reactions: Pat
Simple minds…
Cheaper to make. Younger and middle aged women eat reality TV up like pumpkin spice. And they’re all obsessed with getting “Middle America” to watch.

Reality TV is the bonafide future of streaming.

Fwiw I think WB Discovery is gonna be the biggest disaster in the history of mass media.

Rain around the track looks to slowly be fizzling out as far as intensity goes, but still some light showers out there. If they continue to try and wait it out, we should get this thing finished. I honestly just don't want to see Blaney miss out on the playoffs, so I'm crossing all my fingers they get back going.

Reactions: Pat
I dozed, but the pool hall siren called my daughter woke me up so I can make lunch

i wonder who will be left that could get in with a win?
Screenshot_20220828-151022_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220828-151039_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220828-151049_Samsung Internet.jpg

Side note, I'm glad I didn't go to this race, because I'd be broke by now after spending so much on food and drinks. I mean, what else are you supposed to do during the red flag?

2017 coke 600 when AD backed into his first win was my first and only race I’ve ever been to (thus far) with a rain delay. Something about being packed under the grandstands with so many other fans led me to be the drunkest I’ve ever been in my life. I’ve since learned my limits but I’ve got to believe if I was at Daytona right now I’d be catching a hardcore power nap in the grandstands courtesy of Busch light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAOOOOOO THEY'RE GONNA GET THIS RACE RESUMED.

Every single driver involved in that rain crash should be allowed to roll out a backup car.

Reactions: sdj
I wouldn't blame them at all for calling it, and I think it's absolutely the right move considering the carnage and how few cars are left, BUT... they've spent months, longer, building up this race as this grand last chance to win your way into the playoffs event (drama drama drama) that they almost can't have it end like this even tho it would be the new winner they were seeking. They've boxed themselves in.

I wouldn't blame them at all for calling it, and I think it's absolutely the right move considering the carnage and how few cars are left, BUT... they've spent months, longer, building up this race as this grand last chance to win your way into the playoffs event (drama drama drama) that they almost can't have it end like this even tho it would be the new winner they were seeking. They've boxed themselves in.

NASCAR should honestly just end the regular season after 25 races and lock the top-15 in, then just do a Wild Card race at Charlotte or Wilkesboro to determine the final spot. Move Daytona back to July after Chicago goes south.

This might be the cleanest final 20 laps on a plate race in quite a while. I mean, with very few competitive cars left, I don't even know if we'll have much of a pack.

Tbh. I was hoping this would take a little longer so I can watch the ARCA race till the end but kudos to NASCAR.

It's going to interfere with the Detroit vs Pittsburgh game that I was surprised to see on tv, but since it's only preseason, I'll watch the race then tune into the game.

Back
Top Bottom