Cup RACE thread --- Soggy Daytona

This kid man…lmao with the fire suit open and the chest hair free

Tough.

Truex is not in the playoffs, and Kurt’s on the sidelines. 🙁

5CE618B2-9256-4F4B-B028-04FCF095776C.jpeg

If they are going to race at Swamptona in the middle of monsoon season they need to equip the cars with a wiper, stop lights, mud flaps and optional wets. That way Nascar avoids all the responsibility for any pop up shower occuring and the burden falls on the teams as to who and when the teams puts on the wets or the slick tires.

I was at the race and when they came off turn 4 it came down hard. I thought Nascar was waiting til all of the cars crossed the line to throw the yellow. They had 15 or 20 seconds to decide. Also kudos to the cougar blonde for her g string bikini during the rain delay.

In the kids defense, I can't imagine how hot it is wearing a firesuit in Florida with 100% humidity and close to 90 degrees.
I wasnt dogging him at all, I think Noah is a dude with some serious swag. Hope he does well next year

Ironic as usual that the yapping gerbils never muttered Dillion's name all day. All Truex all day long whenever I turned the sound on.

Maybe not before the big wreck but that’s all they talked about in the last run after red was how Dillon was gonna win and truex would be out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he's as bad as some on here make him out to be. But I also don't think he'll make it past round one. Just because there is some good competition this year.
Me neither. I think the negative perception of Austin Dillon stems from the fact that he’s an average-mildly good driver who inherited the gift of driving the revived iconic #3. Coupled with his mediocrity is his personality, which isn’t exactly known as one of the most charismatic or resonating demeanors. The negative radio chatter and questionable decisions spring to mind. He’s not a bad driver but when you take in all of the factors surrounding him, it’s not hard to see why he’s probably not everybody’s favorite driver.

But maybe a winning episode on this reality show will fix that. 😂

I think they should just add the road course as the cut off race then rain and crapshoot be damned.
I think Nascar and the network got more than they were looking for. They wanted the uncertainty of Daytona being THE cut off race for their chase but they didn't need or want the rain event to cause that much chaos.
The drivers that were locked in probably weren't jumping up and down about the race, but the outliers were and as it turned out it was a super day for some of those guys that never see the top 10

I think Nascar and the network got more than they were looking for. They wanted the uncertainty of Daytona being THE cut off race for their chase but they didn't need or want the rain event to cause that much chaos.
The drivers that were locked in probably weren't jumping up and down about the race, but the outliers were and as it turned out it was a super day for some of those guys that never see the top 10
I agree 100%. My post my mixed with a little truth and a lot of sarcasm. The fans and TV like it, the drama, suspense is exactly what they are looking for. I'm sure they never counted on a freak downburst of rain seconds before the pack entered 1 would screw it up.

Me neither. I think the negative perception of Austin Dillon stems from the fact that he’s an average-mildly good driver who inherited the gift of driving the revived iconic #3. Coupled with his mediocrity is his personality, which isn’t exactly known as one of the most charismatic or resonating demeanors. The negative radio chatter and questionable decisions spring to mind. He’s not a bad driver but when you take in all of the factors surrounding him, it’s not hard to see why he’s probably not everybody’s favorite driver.

But maybe a winning episode on this reality show will fix that. 😂

this all comes back to ........
If all you or I had to do from age 10 on was learn how to be a race car driver with the best equipment available

how many of us would not become an Austin Dillion caliber driver

I was at the race and when they came off turn 4 it came down hard. I thought Nascar was waiting til all of the cars crossed the line to throw the yellow. They had 15 or 20 seconds to decide. Also kudos to the cougar blonde for her g string bikini during the rain delay.

This post is useless without pictures! :booya:

this all comes back to ........
If all you or I had to do from age 10 on was learn how to be a race car driver with the best equipment available

how many of us would not become an Austin Dillion caliber driver
Given that background, I’d hope I’d become a Dale Jr. or even Chase Elliott caliber driver. You know, capable of winning races without them coming gift wrapped with a bow.

Back
Top Bottom