Cup RACE thread --- Sonoma

So much for the toyota save mart 350 sheesh

1655079848924.png

Isn't it awesome? 🤣 @Revman you hitting the bottle yet? This is the "conspiracy" at work right?
WE were terrible. Can't wait to watch the fight back. No conspiracy. Asses beat. Don't recall anything you have posted that ever interested me, but you aren't new here....thanks for thinking of me. I left my mark.

I know we are not a fan of Ross, but the fact is, he's been a top 3 driver in the series this year.

16 points out of the regular season points lead, leads series (tied) in wins, leads in top 5s, tied with a bunch for second most top 10s. 3rd best average finish.

I don't think he gets to the final 4, too many drivers angry with him, but he's a contender on paper right now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WE were terrible. Can't wait to watch the fight back. No conspiracy. Asses beat. Don't recall anything you have posted that ever interested me, but you aren't new here....thanks for thinking of me. I left my mark.
Kyle is looking for ya

1655080180523.png

I know we are not a fan of Ross, but the fact is, he's been a top 3 driver in the series this year.

16 points out of the regular season points lead, leads series (tied) in wins, leads in top 5s, tied with a bunch for second most top 10s. 3rd best average finish.

I don't think he gets to the final 4, too many drivers angry with him, but he's a contender on paper right now.

I don't have a problem with Chastain - love his aggressive driving style. NASCAR isn't about making friends anyway.

As I recall, she asked if he'd like to say something in Spanish. Based on the Amigos' reaction from the grandstands, his comments were appreciated.
Totally. The way it was stated was "say something in Spanish!", which I personally felt was forced. I could be overly sensitive to it, for sure, I just took it as a bit exploitative, or disrespectful.

In any event, it's not important - i know there was no harm done or intended..and with how fast he's been this year, I don't think it will be the last time we see him in victory lane this season.

Totally. The way it was stated was "say something in Spanish!", which I personally felt was forced. I could be overly sensitive to it, for sure, I just took it as a bit exploitative, or disrespectful.

In any event, it's not important - i know there was no harm done or intended..and with how fast he's been this year, I don't think it will be the last time we see him in victory lane this season.

Intent and impact man. Intent was honorable, the impact was positive...but could be seen in the way you are suggesting.....I get where you are going, but I think the impact was positive, honestly.

Glad you don't find my posts interesting...this ain't a dating website 🤣🤣🤣

I think Daniel just overtook Ross for best post-race celebration with the Piñata Punch

Seriously tho, that was heartfelt at the end there, you could just feel how much this meant to him and how much hard work was behind it, beyond happy for him and Trackhouse.

Awesome to see him finally win at this level. He was an Xfinity champ for a reason

I swear the Fox truck is trolling the booth team. Every time they talk about a battle for position starting, the camera cuts away to something else.
Absolutely...pass for 4th, no mention, pass for 6th, no mention...front bumper cam of clear race track in front of the 23rd place car...let's stay on it for a lap. Don't get it either.

Intent and impact man. Intent was honorable, the impact was positive...but could be seen in the way you are suggesting.....I get where you are going, but I think the impact was positive, honestly.
I hear ya both. You're right.

What a bizarre discussion in this thread, trying to pit Trackhouse against 23XI... as if one is good for Nascar and the other is not... as if one is worthy and the other is just rich guys spending spare pocket change. SMDH.

There are unspoken agendas involved here. I don't know exactly what they are, and won't speculate. I'm sure they aren't pretty.

Personally, I am thankful for Rick Hendrick and Richard Childress and Roger Penske and Jack Roush and Joe Gibbs. These guys are all pushing 80 years (or beyond), yet they continue to bear great financial risk for meager ROI. Without them, there is no Nascar. They won't be around forever. And there is no established track record of racing teams being successful after transitioning to the next generation.

I'm thankful for Justin Marks and Pitbull starting a team and expanding and building it into a contender. Sad that we lost Ganassi in the process, but Trackhouse a net upgrade for sure. They've garnered tremendous media spotlight, and it has all been deserved.

I'm thankful for 23XI starting a team and building it into a contender. I didn't think Hamlin had the commitment to the sport that it takes to be a successful team owner. He has definitely shown me an additional facet that I didn't think he had. And he also brought Michael Jordan in... an legendary athlete and iconic cultural figure. They've also gotten a lot of media spotlight, and it's well deserved. I can't fathom any fan of racing thinking this is a bad thing.

I'm thankful for Matt Kaulig starting a team and building it into a contender. Remarkable progress has been made in a short amount of time. They get a lot of media too. What's not to love about that?

I'm thankful for Maury Gallagher moving up to Cup and putting together Petty GMS Racing. They deserve more media coverage. Hope they keep improving, and stick around for the long haul.

The sport of Nascar desperately needs all these new team owners and more. Anyone who can't see that is no fan of major league stock car racing.

Back
Top Bottom