Cup RACE thread ---- Talladega, Rd. 2

NASCAR statement on not throwing the caution on the last lap: “We were closely monitoring each car involved, and were actively communicating with spotters and safety trucks in Turn 1. All cars were able to either roll off under their own power or signal they were clear. As always, we make every effort to end under green for our fans in the stands and at home, which we did.”
NASCAR did the right thing, let tem race back if no one is in danger. The only ones complaing are the ones who lost. Imagine that

Wow, what a drive. I laughed when JimmieJohnson wrecked AGAIN but that guy is ten times better than his crappy team right now.
Well done 48
7 time Champ, what have you done with your life?

The tire that doesnt have a pulse? How about we just let it stay there and get punted in to pit road at 150 Mph?
You focus on the tire? Thought of all those hear you would be more concerned about the driver. I didnt say not to throw the caution because of the tire.

You focus on the tire? Thought of all those hear you would be more concerned about the driver. I didnt say not to throw the caution because of the tire.
The driver in the car has incredible safety standards protecting him,those on pit road are vulnerable to a tire getting hit and launching it in to a crowd.

The driver in the car has incredible safety standards protecting him .those on pit road are vulnerable to a tire getting hit and launching it in to a crowd.

Last I saw that tire had a head of steam and was going for the track where they were going over 200MPH. Nobody is allowed to go after it either according to the rules. That was a true uncontrolled tire for a change, instead of an out of reach tire.

Larson was good and pissed off after the race, called out Ganassi and their speedway car program or lack of it. He said practice and qualifying were embarrassing

Nascar did the right thing letting the race finish out. However Kurt has every right to complain because a judgement call didn't go his way, two human decisions that led to him getting screwed even if they weren't the wrong ones.

Do you think 2 "human" calls by Nasscar would have gone against Chase Elliott LJ?

NASCAR did the right thing, let tem race back if no one is in danger. The only ones complaing are the ones who lost. Imagine that

You sound like one of the guys in the booth. What's funny is that the NASCAR mouth pieces don't question poor calls like they do in the NFL. At least in the NFL the announcers don't try and cover for the "refs" when they get it wrong, don't call it like they did in the past, or call the same rule consistently for all the drivers.

Can't wait to hear Chocolate Myers' excuse tomorrow if they cover it at all on NASCAR radio...lol.

You sound like one of the guys in the booth. What's funny is that the NASCAR mouth pieces don't question poor calls like they do in the NFL. At least in the NFL the announcers don't try and cover for the "refs" when they get it wrong, don't call it like they did in the past, or call the same rule consistently for all the drivers.

Can't wait to hear Chocolate Myers' excuse tomorrow if they cover it at all on NASCAR radio...lol.
Nascar sounds like Nascar eh?:p
NASCAR statement on not throwing the caution on the last lap: “We were closely monitoring each car involved, and were actively communicating with spotters and safety trucks in Turn 1. All cars were able to either roll off under their own power or signal they were clear. As always, we make every effort to end under green for our fans in the stands and at home, which we did.”

Nascar sounds like Nascar eh?:p

Reads like most of NASCAR's excuses that they send out and the NASCAR (cough, cough) press runs with and swallows hook, line, and sinker.

It is all over but the crying for some.;)

You might be right, I'll post more in the NASCAR deathbed, and ratings thread this week. I'll be sure to copy and post the above whenever you chime in. Maybe moderation will take notice and we can see if it is like NASCAR or if it is applied consistently.

Come on, gentlemen --- this was just a race. Some dislike the way it ended, some don't.
Some like the winner, some may not.
It's not worth arguing about. Disagree and move on.

It wasn't the most exciting race this year, but it did resemble many of the plate races in the past.
Next year MAY be totally different.

the shr cars should have took turns leading in the last round,the front car always uses more fuel.
larson should be mad ,two slow cars in a row.

They sent the instant secret bat signal to Nasscar FLRacingFan. The one NO OTHER DRIVER IN ANY OTHER RACE sent to nasscar in history.
Who’s this guy? FLRacing fan is a good dude, put some respect behind on his name. Oh and you’re posting on a NASCAR board, is Nasscar another series I’m not familiar with?

You sound like one of the fans who lost lol

Really happy that Almirola won. Guy is a really good dude and now he’s locked into the round of 8 lol. Who woulda thought that before the season

You sound like one of the fans who lost lol

With post after post of evidence that you are a NASCAR apologist, I can see how you lean that way. We get it, you feel the need to attempt to hide that NASCAR is inconsistent in how it makes calls. That's one tough job! Noting the fines leveled in the past at drivers that open their mouths, ones has to wonder if NASCAR is going to fine Kurt for his comments and label it as being "detrimental to NASCAR". As if NASCAR doesn't have bigger issues. ROFLMAO!

With post after post of evidence that you are a NASCAR apologist, I can see how you lean that way. We get it, you feel the need to attempt to hide that NASCAR is inconsistent in how it makes calls. That's one tough job! Noting the fines leveled in the past at drivers that open their mouths, ones has to wonder if NASCAR is going to fine Kurt for his comments and label it as being "detrimental to NASCAR". As if NASCAR doesn't have bigger issues. ROFLMAO!
Sorry you lost.....feel better!

I saw team tactics. Stewart-Haas had something no one else had, they had the fastest cars (congrats). But what I didn't like was seeing them manipulate the restarts. This is not new, other teams that had teammates on the front row would slow a lane to ensure their teammate could get in the preferred lane. I consider it bad sportsmanship.

I saw team tactics. Stewart-Haas had something no one else had, they had the fastest cars (congrats). But what I didn't like was seeing them manipulate the restarts. This is not new, other teams that had teammates on the front row would slow a lane to ensure their teammate could get in the preferred lane. I consider it bad sportsmanship.

As long as these cars are glued to the ground at plate tracks and do not have any way to pass with power, this is what you are going to get everytime.

Congrats to Aric on finally getting one. That could have been his fourth win of the year if not for Austin Dillon's bumper and a couple of ill-timed cautions brought out by Bowyer.

Sorry you lost.....feel better!

I listened to Steve O'Donnell on NASCAR radio. He stated that "the call could have gone both ways" and that either would have been correct. Nice to have "rules" you can bend to give an excuse for anyway NASCAR wants it to go. Example, the 9 car is in the lead. We throw the caution. The 18 or the 41 is in the lead. We monitored the situation and decided to race back to the checkered flag.

The call might have had something to do with how boring that race was too. Nothing like watching single file racing lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after after lap, after lap, after lap.

Choo Choo

I listened to Steve O'Donnell on NASCAR radio. He stated that "the call could have gone both ways" and that either would have been correct. Nice to have "rules" you can bend to give an excuse for anyway NASCAR wants it to go. Example, the 9 car is in the lead. We throw the caution. The 18 or the 41 is in the lead. We monitored the situation and decided to race back to the checkered flag.

The call might have had something to do with how boring that race was too. Nothing like watching single file racing lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after lap, after after lap, after lap, after lap.

Choo Choo
Thats racing. Same thing can happen at any track

I feel bad for Kurt, but if they threw the caution, there probably would have been typical demo derby with the drop of the green with a GWC. I think the right call was made

I actually missed the very end of the race because the instant that Chase & DiBenedetto crashed on the last lap I walked out of the room thinking that the caution would come out, the race was over, and Kurt had won it.

silly me . . .

Back
Top Bottom