Cup RACE thread --- Talladega, Rd. 2

“Back off you two, you ain’t wearin the right shirt”

So NASCAR takes a win away from Sauter for "forcing" someone below the yellow line, but no penalties for Blaney going below the yellow or Newman forcing him down?

Good grief.

Actually, the pass was made on the track as that replay showed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
But two tires went below the yellow line in the 3 times I’ve watched it

Blaney lead the most laps

20952345_10159234065940335_9084585700602413056_n.gif

I’m a Blaney fan but as usual inconsistent rulings at the end of plate races by NASCAR. Literally did what I said on Saturday lol. I’m sure the usual posters will defend the brand though. Newman got hosed

So NASCAR takes a win away from Sauter for "forcing" someone below the yellow line, but no penalties for Blaney going below the yellow or Newman forcing him down?

Good grief.
Blaney was on the track when he advanced position. The pass was made on the track.

I’m a Blaney fan but as usual inconsistent rulings at the end of plate races by NASCAR. Literally did what I said on Saturday lol. I’m sure the usual posters will defend the brand though. Newman got hosed
How? He passed him on the track. When he came back on the track, he was still behind Newman.

Its just the way it is. Its been like that forever. Its not going to change.
But i DO think it was a clean pass.

Sometimes they throw a caution, sometimes they don't.

They always say they throw cautions immediately because of safety, but let that go all the way to the finish for entertainment.

Every time I watch these races, I grow more and more frustrated. I wish the rules and procedures were black and white and enforced as such.

Wow what a race, finally NASCAR lets them get to the line and lets the first car across it get the win.

I wish nascar would just do away with the rule and let these guys race at the end of these races. Boom. Problem solved. Ask Carl Edwards if the yellow line makes things safer lol

Well, what seemed like a sure run to the final 4 for 9 fans at the start of the playoffs has gone poof. The last two races couldn’t have gone any worse in regards to winners. That sucks, because I really like Blaney.

Sometimes they throw a caution, sometimes they don't.

They always say they throw cautions immediately because of safety, but let that go all the way to the finish for entertainment.

Every time I watch these races, I grow more and more frustrated. I wish the rules and procedures were black and white and enforced as such.
There is no way to have a black and white finish, you should know that

Good grief.

Newman had position it wasn' a block, Blaney rubbed and moved him up a little. I do not think he violated the yellow double line either.
I know there is only one winner, but I think both Ryans drove about a perfect last lap, and they both got everything they could possibly get down the stretch. Bumping and grinding without wrecking each other and all of it at 200 mph. This was a classic, thank God for a great moment.

Love it! I was beginning to wonder when Blaney would ever find victory lane again. He sure pulls some crazy wins out of the hat!

That makes three playoff races in a row that have been won by the young guns.

Newman had position it wasn' a block, Blaney rubbed and moved him up a little. I do not think he violated the yellow double line either.
I know there is only one winner, but I think both Ryans drove about a perfect last lap, and they both got everything they could possibly get down the stretch. Bumping and grinding without wrecking each other and all of it at 200 mph. This was a classic, thank God for a great moment.
Agree with you 100%.

Not gonna lie, I thought Newman's quip about paying $50 to move the site of the start/finish line a little further back since the track just paid $50M for renovations was pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom