Cup RACE thread --- Talladega, Rd. 2

From what I see, Blaney and Newman contact in the tri-oval, he dips 2 tires below the line, comes back onto the track and completes the pass. That's within the rule and not a violation. Race win is Blaney's.

Why so many crashes this year? We haven't seen this much carnage at Talladega in several years.

Why so many crashes this year? We haven't seen this much carnage at Talladega in several years.
The big one happened there were two, at the very front of the pack this year. Stage racing has increased the urgency to stay up front, the cars are more stable, and I believe the Dega race moved to become a chase race, I could be wrong on the Dega scheduling, I don't pay much attention to race dates and places, but I thought the race was moved this year, the Roval date also. My guesses anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
This should not be a playoff race.

And these geniuses have decided to make Daytona the regular season finale.

^^^^^^
THIS

I can imagine all four of the cars racing for the Championship wrecking sometime before the end of the race and the Cup going to the driver that limps down pit road (as Keselowski did at Talladega) to gain several positions.

^^^^^^
THIS

I can imagine all four of the cars racing for the Championship wrecking sometime before the end of the race and the Cup going to the driver that limps down pit road (as Keselowski did at Talladega) to gain several positions.

the regular season finale race isn't close to a playoff race. Much difference there aren't four cars involved, but it would be great if that many were.

the regular season finale race isn't close to a playoff race. Much difference there aren't four cars involved, but it would be great if that many were.

Oops, wrong planet.

For some reason I was thinking that Daytona had been scheduled as the final race of the year, replacing Homestead.

:owquitit:

Back
Top Bottom