Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

This one is done. Back to work tomorrow, and I'll be missing this one. Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's not really a bad thing but when it has already been beat to death yesterday, and about half of the races this year and it's not going to solve anything...then you have to wonder why

The ‘why’ is quite simple, people feel that if they point out a fix that they may actually be listened to some day.

Shutting up and remaining silent solves nothing.

You have been listening to the wrong people then... because I didn't even go to sleep until 6.00 this morning and I was up and ready for the race by 9.00am.

As a lifelong sports fan who used to get up b4 6 am to watch the Notre Dame football replay on Sundays in the early 70s because that was the only way to watch the game, take it from me that getting up for a 9am green flag if it means avoiding a rainout is no problem at all.

You have been listening to the wrong people then... because I didn't even go to sleep until 6.00 this morning and I was up and ready for the race by 9.00am.
Theres a common denominator of races in the south starting in the late afternoon in the summer. Often where the track was dry for hours before the race and rain would ruin the day around or soon after the start. Nobody can control the weather, but the sport can control start times.

Pardon us annoyed fans for noticing that most races this season would not be so bothered by rain if they were started closer to noon or 1:00 pm. Especially when there is not a single other sport on TV now.

the sport can control start times.
No, it can't. The networks control start times.
Especially when there is not a single other sport on TV now.
That doesn't matter. What matters is how many people will see the ads.

We keep telling you why the races start when they do. Please either write the networks or accept it.

Don’t really see why it’s a bad thing to point out that if they used common sense this race would be in the bag.
I don't think it is a bad thing...but when the same subject has been beaten to death over and over again ...at what point does it stop being constructive criticism and begins just being useless annoying babble that isn't going to change anything? Just asking for a friend.

I don't think it is a bad thing...but when the same subject has been beaten to death over and over again ...at what point does it stop being constructive criticism and begins just being useless annoying babble that isn't going to change anything? Just asking for a friend.
over and over expecting different results..and we know what the definition of that is.

Fresh trout are right up there with Walleye in my opinion (as far as eating)
Start the fire before you start fishing. It'll be ready when you pull the first ones out. Head 'em, gut 'em, shove in some butter and lemon slices. There's few better breakfasts than fish that were swimming around 15 minutes ago.

No, it can't. The networks control start times.

That doesn't matter. What matters is how many people will see the ads.

We keep telling you why the races start when they do. Please either write the networks or accept it.
At the end of the day, that is what is most improtant to the networks, when are more people going to see the ads.

At the end of the day, that is what is most improtant to the networks, when are more people going to see the ads.
The sponsors, advertisers, networks and NASCAR are in this to make money. They start the races when their stats and history show they'll have the most viewers. It's not complicated. Econ 101, supply and demand.

Theres a common denominator of races in the south starting in the late afternoon in the summer. Often where the track was dry for hours before the race and rain would ruin the day around or soon after the start. Nobody can control the weather, but the sport can control start times.

Pardon us annoyed fans for noticing that most races this season would not be so bothered by rain if they were started closer to noon or 1:00 pm. Especially when there is not a single other sport on TV now.
It's not that you are pointing it out that makes it annoying...it's that you feel the need to obsess over it every single time it rains. If you think we need to be reminded every rain delay then carry on. I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell you that I got your point the first time you complained and I even told you yesterday that I have no problems with an earlier start time.

May be a small window. They should shorten it and race to the halfway point and call it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NASCAR and the networks. Who calls the shots in those contracts? Who's in the position of power in the contract negotiations? Who's giving money to whom?
NASCAR is supplying the product. They hold the upper hand. Apparently they made no room to negotiate time slots to account for weather in a sport that is dependent on weather.

Didnt expect them to get it dry so quickly. Props for that! They definitely have gotten better with track drying.
Those Air Titans are freaking awesome.

Lol at arguing about ratings for the 20th viewing of Earnhardt vs Gordon or the Life of Dave Allison vs an actual complete race.

NASCAR is supplying the product. They hold the upper hand. Apparently they made no room to negotiate time slots to account for weather in a sport that is dependent on weather.
Okay, I've offered you business reasons why they start when they do. You tell me why they're not running at 8a. Business reasons, not "Because they're stupid!!!"

Talladega is about half-way between the dot for Birmingham and the AL/GA state boundary, or a little east of the last "m" in "Birmingham."

Amazingly, a pocket of dry opened up in the middle of the large cluster of rain that passed over the track. Maybe the pocket of dry will continue to grow until the remaining blob of rain that's still heading for the track disappears...

2020-06-Talladega Radar 4.gif

Nothing like a rain threatened super Speedway race

Did anyone else just have a commercial cut into the race?

The ‘why’ is quite simple, people feel that if they point out a fix that they may actually be listened to some day.

Shutting up and remaining silent solves nothing.

As a lifelong sports fan who used to get up b4 6 am to watch the Notre Dame football replay on Sundays in the early 70s because that was the only way to watch the game, take it from me that getting up for a 9am green flag if it means avoiding a rainout is no problem at all.
I agree to that but I think there would be much better results venting the frustration to Nascar and Fox. JMO. Good luck fishing tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom