Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

Sort of. Obviously, it was a no-win situation for NASCAR, but man, I've seen them pull the plug in 15 minutes before when there were six hours of daylight left.
I mean the part where you said they wanted someone else to win.

or people who don’t like it could you know, just not join it. Instagram is gone also, and someone who loves photos and everything like that, it suck to lose it. WhatsApp something I don’t use, but a lot of people do would be gone. Let’s not even start on how many people would be out of a job.
Lots of people use these platforms for business also, its going to cause a lot of problems

I love Bowman's attitude after everything he has been through this year that has put him into a have to win the next race position. He doesn't throw anyone under the bus or pout and stomp his feet like some of the other drivers would be doing if this all happened to them.
Bowman is actually my favorite for the Roval.

He's always been good there, I think he can outpace Larson and Elliott there. Should be a fantastic race.

Boost for NASCAR. This weekend could have ended with the JWT shooting and a big crash being front page news.

Fortunately the top story on ESPN, NBC Sports and others is Bubba winning and three different winners.

I love Bowman's attitude after everything he has been through this year that has put him into a have to win the next race position. He doesn't throw anyone under the bus or pout and stomp his feet like some of the other drivers would be doing if this all happened to them.
As much as we rag on Alan, I think it's become painfully clear this year that Greg Ives is the weakest link at HMS. Bowman won 3, but literally backed into at least 2 of them.

Bowman is actually my favorite for the Roval.

He's always been good there, I think he can outpace Larson and Elliott there. Should be a fantastic race.
Mreh, as an Elliott fan I see the main threats as Larson and getting wrapped up in someone else's BS

I'm literally flip flopping back and forth on getting tickets. Think this is the year Chase is unseated at the Roval. The 9 team's mojo is long gone. If I were a betting man, I'd put money down on the 5.

Couldn't watch because it was delayed to today but I'm glad Bubba and 23XI got their first win. Hopefully they finish strong this year and have good momentum going in to next season. Team owner Michael Jordan has now won a Cup race. So cool.

*Begins writing down notes*

Go on...
As it is with many things in life we will soon discover that so much time has been wasted on vainty and foolish pursuits with less eternal value.

In three or four hundred years a group college co-eds will stumble upon the remnants we left behind. They will sift through the old newspapers and see so profoundly how we missed out the essentiels and essence of life.

They will see the bridal pictures from the Sunday papers and wonder aloud "where is the assbook section". That's when the wise professeur will explain that's why they had so many wars and destroyed each other.
They weren't afraid of the fighting and killing each other.
But they were terrified of the essence of life and celebrating the wimmins.

How is it that they created the Gutenburg press and still missed out on a real reformation?...

....so they to had to die off as an unworthy society and one to stupid to sustain itself.

I'm literally flip flopping back and forth on getting tickets. Think this is the year Chase is unseated at the Roval. The 9 team's mojo is long gone. If I were a betting man, I'd put money down on the 5.
I will say Christopher Bell.

As it is with many things in life we will soon discover that so much time has been wasted on vainty and foolish pursuits with less eternal value.

In three or four hundred years a group college co-eds will stumble upon the remnants we left behind. They will sift through the old newspapers and see so profoundly how we missed out the essentiels and essence of life.

They will see the bridal pictures from the Sunday papers and wonder aloud "where is the assbook section". That's when the wise professeur will explain that's why they had so many wars and destroyed each other.
They weren't afraid of the fighting and killing each other.
But they were terrified of the essence of life and celebrating the wimmins.

How is it that they created the Gutenburg press and still missed out on a real reformation?...

....so they to had to die off as an unworthy society and one to stupid to sustain itself.
Eloquent dissertation, as always.!

I think Chase is gonna win by 5+ seconds. You put a chicane out there and they've shown they've got something the other teams don't.

You're gonna get pissed off Chase who's tired of not getting the finishes that support how well they've ran.

I think Chase is gonna win by 5+ seconds. You put a chicane out there and they've shown they've got something the other teams don't.

You're gonna get pissed off Chase who's tired of not getting the finishes that support how well they've ran.

They got their tails kicked at Indy...

Browsing the NASCAR Superstore this morning and there’s not even a Bubba Wallace hat one could purchase to cash in on the excitement of him winning yesterday. The shirts have little to no selection. I have to say the merch this year has really been underwhelming to say the least. Hopefully it’s better in 22

Browsing the NASCAR Superstore this morning and there’s not even a Bubba Wallace hat one could purchase to cash in on the excitement of him winning yesterday. The shirts have little to no selection. I have to say the merch this year has really been underwhelming to say the least. Hopefully it’s better in 22
That's mind boggling given Jordan's involvement. I really thought we'd see an Air Jordan line of gear for Bubba. Wonder if it's a NASCAR licensing problem. (NASCAR allegedly wants too big a taste in everything)

That's mind boggling given Jordan's involvement. I really thought we'd see an Air Jordan line of gear for Bubba. Wonder if it's a NASCAR licensing problem. (NASCAR allegedly wants too big a taste in everything)
Racing merchandise is a bit niche, I would like to see Nike get more involved with racing apparel. However, like anything else it has to make sense in terms of cost effectiveness and overall interest.

We'll see, but it will come in due time. I hope Denny re-designs and releases those racing shoes he has or a line of gloves.

Reactions: Pat
Racing merchandise is a bit niche, I would like to see Nike get more involved with racing apparel. However, like anything else it has to make sense in terms of cost effectiveness and overall interest.

We'll see, but it will come in due time. I hope Denny re-designs and releases those racing shoes he has or a line of gloves.
Fans will spend a lot of money on that stuff. Junior had a contract with Adidas when he first moved to HMS. I bought a kewl pair of sneakers in green, white and a touch of black with an orange 88 on the heal and JR on the side I also bought my team jacket from them. They were the only people at the time who produced the correct color of green. I saw some terrible shades of green jackets back then.

Fans will spend a lot of money on that stuff. Junior had a contract with Adidas when he first moved to HMS. I bought a kewl pair of sneakers in green, white and a touch of black with an orange 88 on the heal and JR on the side I also bought my team jacket from them. They were the only people at the time who produced the correct color of green. I saw some terrible shades of green jackets back then.
I managed to snag two of the green/gray AMP Adidas hats he wore at that time that couldnt be found anywhere. Paid $85 for one at the end of the 08 season that I found on Ebay and another one was given to me by my brother's friend who worked in the beverage business with Pepsi Co. Wasnt an Adidas fan but I was excited because I thought they'd make cool hoodies for Jr/88 team or other hats that fans could buy. Never materialized I guess but that Adidas stuff was way better than the Chase Authentics merch which I found cartoony and gaudy at the time. I wish racing merch for NASCAR was so much cooler looking, I'd wear some team racing hoodies if there were nicer looking ones.

Reactions: Pat
I managed to snag two of the green/gray AMP Adidas hats he wore at that time that couldnt be found anywhere. Paid $85 for one at the end of the 08 season that I found on Ebay and another one was given to me by my brother's friend who worked in the beverage business with Pepsi Co.
Nice!

Now Bubba can brag he is part of the club. That club has D. Cope as president and other 1 off Dega and Daytona winners.

Back
Top Bottom