Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

I’ve never really understood the Chase love but good for the fanbase, good race for the fans.

Plate racing is so terrible right now though.

Blaney is 100% going winless this year. Had 2 chances to move up top and block Chase but we heard all race how afraid he was to be pushed.

Blaney just doesn't have a killer instinct.

Great move by Chase at the end there. No big wreck, no one hurt today luckily.

And I think Larson should have a buffer.

Lol NBC going with the home crowd crap again? Please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Truex is probably retiring after next year so they need a new “home track guy”

I do. He got all of Bill Elliott's fans, all of Jeff Gordon's fans, all of Dale Jr's fans, and in Georgia and Alabama, 80% of the fans or more at that place were rooting for Chase probably.

He has a higher percentage (albiet of a much smaller fanbase) of fans than any driver ever.

I’m probably the exception but I was a diehard Jr fan and at one time I was a chase fan but he’s a crybaby when it’s not his way and he’s as plain as a sheet of paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaney is 100% going winless this year. Had 2 chances to move up top and block Chase but we heard all race how afraid he was to be pushed.

Blaney just doesn't have a killer instinct.

Great move by Chase at the end there. No big wreck, no one hurt today luckily.

And I think Larson should have a buffer.

Lol NBC going with the home crowd crap again? Please.

I'm hoping he wins the championship without winning a race, but Chase Elliott is 100% gonna win it. Elliott wants these wins more than anyone else, and Hendrick is the best team with no comparison in NASCAR.

I'm hoping he wins the championship without winning a race, but Chase Elliott is 100% gonna win it. Elliott wants these wins more than anyone else, and Hendrick is the best team with no comparison in NASCAR.
I don't think it's a forgone conclusion to single anyone out for Phoenix and I absolutely would not say he *wants it* more than anyone.

That's a stretch imo.

I wasnt gonna beat ol head 423 but man, I was hoping for a top 2. shat!

I’m probably the exception but I was a diehard Jr fan and at one time I was a chase fan but he’s a crybaby when it’s not his way and he’s as plain as a sheet of paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He does tend to shoot birds when he gets left hooked at Darlington. I would too

I’ve never really understood the Chase love but good for the fanbase, good race for the fans.

Chase Elliott being wildly popular is a setback for the sport to be honest. Great guy, great driver, going to win 3-4 championships guaranteed, fans love him ... but his popularity has done nothing to advance the sport. I don't know why either. All the ingredients are there for him to be a superstar.

I think the SS setup is pretty good right now.

This car does well. I mean, we can go back and watch the single file plate races of 2013.

I said in the Texas thread Chase was going to win Dega. He’s your odds on favorite for the Cup, still think though Larson is going to be a problem for the 9 if he makes it to Phoenix. And the one race championship, well anything can happen with that.

I think the SS setup is pretty good right now.

This car does well. I mean, we can go back and watch the single file plate races of 2013.

I liked those better, took more skill within the draft. Engine builders ****** meant something. Now it’s just over glorified bumper cars with lucky timing.

Obviously last year is meaningless.

Does there have to be this infight?

Yeah, don’t know why we have to resort to s**t talk. Kyle and Chase showed they were the most fierce duo here today, just didn’t have a chance to get linked up in crunch time

Chase Elliott being wildly popular is a setback for the sport to be honest. Great guy, great driver, going to win 3-4 championships guaranteed, fans love him ... but his popularity has done nothing to advance the sport. I don't know why either. All the ingredients are there for him to be a superstar.
I think this goes for any *most popular driver*, doesn't matter who it is.

The most popular driver will always have a collective groan outside of their fanbase..it's just how the sport is covered

I wasnt gonna beat ol head 423 but man, I was hoping for a top 2. shat!
and on top of this my Steelers get beat because the head coach leaves in a hapless QB instead of putting in Kenny Pickette in the first half! Dang you Tomlin! Wake up!

Coming from the short track worshipper where 2 or 3 at most drivers ever have a shot to win. I’ll use this salt on my fries tonight.

Probably 5+ championships, tbh. I think Chase goes on a reign of terror.

Yeah, don’t know why we have to resort to s**t talk. Kyle and Chase showed they were the most fierce duo here today, just didn’t have a chance to get linked up in crunch time
Larson has no clue how to plate race, and unless he has a teammate in front of him to follow, or a teammate behind him to reinforce his decisions, he really doesn't know what to do. I think I would be smarter tbh lol. They were not that far apart after the save, but he just couldn't make the right choice to get back into the top 10.

I would like to be bitter since his race went to **** after almost getting spun by the 9, and then, went on to win...but Larson just cant figure out what to do at plate tracks when he's by himself, and has an 18 point buffer heading to the roval, so he's fine ;)

Congrats on the win Dr, !

Larson has no clue how to plate race, and unless he has a teammate in front of him to follow, or a teammate behind him to reinforce his decisions, he really doesn't know what to do. I think I would be smarter tbh lol. They were not that far apart after the save, but he just couldn't make the right choice to get back into the top 10.

I would like to be bitter since his race went to **** after almost getting spun by the 9, and then, went on to win...but Larson just cant figure out what to do at plate tracks when he's by himself, and has an 18 point buffer heading to the roval, so he's fine ;)

Congrats on the win Dr, !

We’re even after Watkins Glen then. 😎. Does Chase let another HMS car win Roval now?

Nothing is going to propel this sport. We've been tracking ratings and attendance non stop for years. It has its fans and that's that. And that's fine. People simply don't care about auto racing to the degree they did back in the 90's/early 2000's and nothing and no one person or multiple persons are going to change that. Makes me like it more to be honest. We've got our own little family.

Back
Top Bottom