Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

No. I think he gets one more at most. But he’ll mirror his father’s career. 45-50 wins
There truly is nothing but right now in NASCAR lol. Larson has a 10/20/26 season last year, which probably won't be duplicated in the next 20 years, and people call him the next JJ with Chad, and you yourself said Chase never wins another title.

Chase has a career season so far and now he's the next Jeff/JJ to some?

We will get excited but I do think you're a bit conservative on the career totals, and I'm curious why you think he only has 1 more left in him.

I think he'll have a similar career to Smoke on paper, imo. 3 Championships and around 50-60 wins.

I think Chase and Larson will have similar career numbers. Can't we just call them 1A and 1B? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nothing is going to propel this sport. We've been tracking ratings and attendance non stop for years. It has its fans and that's that. And that's fine. People simply don't care about auto racing to the degree they did back in the 90's/early 2000's and nothing and no one person or multiple persons are going to change that. Makes me like it more to be honest. We've got our own little family.
And honestly, who gives a s%#&? The sports not going anywhere. People just need to learn to enjoy the sport for what it is, no matter who else likes it.

No. I think he gets one more at most. But he’ll mirror his father’s career. 45-50 wins
One more? He won at age 24 and is primed to win again at 26. He has at least another 13-15 years if he wants to. These things aren’t easy to win with the goofy format but he’s the best driver of his generation with the best team. He’ll probably wind up with 65+ wins.

There truly is nothing but right now in NASCAR lol. Larson has a 10/20/26 season last year, which probably won't be duplicated in the next 20 years, and people call him the next JJ with Chad, and you yourself said Chase never wins another title.

We will get excited but I do think you're a bit conservative on the career totals, and I'm curious why you think he only has 1 more left in him.

I think he'll have a similar career to Smoke on paper, imo. 3 Championships and around 50-60 wins.

I think Chase and Larson will have similar career numbers. Can't we just call them 1A and 1B? Lol

Yeah I think we talked about this month or two ago. Chase has a Stewart type career, Larson has a Jeff Gordon type career

I think championships are cheapened by the winner take all lottery system. If it were based on consistency and season points, I’d be confident in a couple more titles. Same with Larson

Yeah I think we talked about this month or two ago. Chase has a Stewart type career, Larson has a Jeff Gordon type career
Larson doesn't get 80+ wins and 4 titles. I'd love it, but no way, imo.

I'm really glad this race turned out safe and clean.

I was really really nervous and didn't turn it on till stage 3.

9 team hasnt had speed on the intermediates these playoffs, it feels a lot like KB in 2019. Wasn't really super fast until the finale. Chase is locked in, but the speed has not been there.

Won't be an issue, Phoenix is a lock imo.

Lol. At least the 9 radio was animated this time.
A few weeks of frustration got released after that one for sure lol.

Now he can go sling it around The Roval without a care in the world. Unfortunately I'll be on a plane back to AZ from Tampa 😭😭

I'm two hours plus and haven't missed a Rival yet. Not starting with this one.
Where do you sit? I love Club Deck, but it was sold out last I checked. Only good seats were in Club, Mreh. And they had plenty of Toyota Terrace Box seats in Oval turn 4 but I figured they’d be terrible views

I'll take what we had today over a demolition derby where the winner is largely determined by who's car us still in one piece.

That’s fine, I actually agree, but there still was not enough passing besides slot car lane movement regardless of whether it’s a demo derby or not.

Now thats more like it, just one going home on the hook.
Not the regular flat bed of half the field. It can be done.

1664749212874.png

Hot Take:

“Bad” Superspeedway races are the best.

The 2004 Daytona 500 was “terrible” to many, but I loved it.
My best friend was a big Tony Stewart fan. 04-06 was that time when Stewart was dominating the 500.

Tony dominated 04, and I remember that race clear as day. My 12 year old self and my 13 year old buddy were watching the race with my dad and his friend at my house. Jr takes the lead and my friend just SCREAMS in this throaty gutterly growl..

"JUNIOR YOU BITCH!!!"

It was painfully awkward

I only saw what I could call one iffy move and that was Stenhouse and Burton. It's amazing when they figure out that this car isn't almost bullit proof like the old car was so don't be doing anything stupid.

That’s fine, I actually agree, but there still was not enough passing besides slot car lane movement regardless of whether it’s a demo derby or not.
Actually agreed. Lanes were stagnant until end when guys were willing to risk it

Larson post race echoing what I was saying.

Just needs to make better decisions at plate races. Probably was a top 3 car.

Actually agreed. Lanes were stagnant until end when guys were willing to risk it

I didn’t watch much admittedly (because Sunday afternoon football) aside from the final 10 laps besides social media and the NASCAR.com leaderboard. These races are too predictable at these plate tracks since like 2018/2019. It was nice to not see them wreck.

The one race where SHR was 1-2-3-4 was cool and I’m not an SHR fan necessarily.

Back
Top Bottom