Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

At superspeedways Kyle sure is because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing otherwise lolol

Larson and Byron each protected their lane from the second row with a Chevy and Ford on front row. Larson being told to "not" push the 6 on the front stretch...

I think Larson and Willy restarting side side WAS playing the team card.
Fair. I’m just biased from listening to 9 radio over time and they often have problems with 24.

Larson locks up a spot for the next round. Up 50+ points on 9th if I got my math right.

I’m used to seeing Bubba run good on plate races only to have his day ruined getting caught up in someone else mess. For once he had enough car left to actually improve his finish. Yep, plate racing is unpredictable.

Good for Ricky and JTG, they are losing a load of sponsorship next season, hope this helps.

1728254193684.jpeg

Ohhh I only took the 40 something points you get from a win. Didn’t account for the stage points and and all that.

Still +52 clearance is hard to **** up. lol
Yeah, exactly. Like A LOT would have to go wrong, he have to wreck early, and others would have to finish great, which I wouldn’t bet on. I think he’s basically safe.

For all the bitching about this being a crapshoot (track and playoffs) hard to complain about who the bottom 4 are based on their performance this season
On the flip side, if someone like Larson got wrapped up in that big wreck, he would be on the outside looking in even with the most wins and laps led.

With 52 playoff points Larson was in no trouble if he would have wrecked out.
The bottom line is when they were showing him early, he was in the red and could have easily got bumped out given a mishap earlier in the race. As I have said before, with this format, you could win 20+ races and have something as simple as a flat at Phoenix and lose the Cup. But as they say, it is what it is. I just don't have to like it.

Give Larson his well deserved 2nd championship at this point. Most wins of the gen 7 era, most top 5s, second most top 10s, by FAR the most laps lead, 3rd best average finish...

But most importantly? Top 5 at Talladega? Onto 2025 ya'll

The bottom line is when they were showing him early, he was in the red and could have easily got bumped out given a mishap earlier in the race. As I have said before, with this format, you could win 20+ races and have something as simple as a flat at Phoenix and lose the Cup. But as they say, it is what it is. I just don't have to like it.
I've said my piece about the fudged up points, how they are screwing drivers who didn't make the "playoffs". But it is what it is. I'm not quitting, I'm wearing them out on the media side. Not everybody is going for this stick and ball nonsense. The racing is great without it.
If you notice already gerbil Jeff is hogging the mic, and drowning out Diffy

Back
Top Bottom