Cup RACE thread --- Texas

lol so Truex struggles, gets track position and now he can lead and hold a lead.

ALL car, ALL aero dependency.

The 5 was defending, not looking under Elliott. Rick Allen watches a lifetime of live racing and has no idea what they are actually doing.

I don't care what Hamlin did last week. I'd much rather have him win than Truex.

They both can get the hell out of here.

That would perhaps be ideal. I don't see how a single track and field fan who likes Ato Boldon will tune into a NASCAR race because he's awkwardly doing reports from the pits. But I'll still take him over Wood, he seems humble and enthusiastic about experiencing the sport.

That would perhaps be ideal. I don't see how a single track and field enthusiast who likes Ato Boldon is tuning into a NASCAR race because he's awkwardly doing reports from the pits. But I'll still take him over Wood, he seems humble and enthusiastic about experiencing the sport.

As a track and field enthusiast, I am more than excited to have him here

Were it 2006-2011, Truex wouldn't have held the lead, cause his car was not good enough. But clean air is king.
I want the Truck Series aero package (however they could get it to fit on the cars) or one the Gen 4 aero packages.

If Truex wins this race, aside from Brad K at Talladega, every chase race this year was won by either Kyle Busch or Truex.

2007, 6 races were won between two drivers.

Truex isnt a bad driver but you dont go from doubling your laps lead and breaking all your season win totals in 2 seasons will driver talent.

That #78 recent success is 75% Cole Pearn.
As it is with most great teams. Where would Johnson be without Knaus, Gordon without Evernham? Yet it's the driver that gets most of the accolades.

I'm beginning to wonder about this whole "miracle season" with a car sponsored by a Mattress Company beating out conglomerates like Penske racing, JG Racing, etc.....

Somebody has something going on out there in Colorado. I wonder.

It wasn't all that long ago - 2015, maybe - when the #78 crew was getting blasted on a regular basis for inconsistency. They got it figured out and now Truex is dominating.

It wasn't all that long ago - 2015, maybe - when the #78 crew was getting blasted on a regular basis for inconsistency. They got it figured out and now Truex is dominating.

Yeah - maybe - it may be that "straight line handling" that is getting them there (horsepower).

I have a hard time thinking that it's anything else.

#4 is a decent position - especially going into Phoenix - so I don't know that he'll push it.

As it is with most great teams. Where would Johnson be without Knaus, Gordon without Evernham? Yet it's the driver that gets most of the accolades.
Both haven proven to be successful even without them. Jimmie won the 500 without Chad. Hell, Gordon won a championship with Loomis.

Truex is not Johnson/Gordon level talent. Its the product of not being a bad racer and having an elite crew chief and engineering team.

Yeah - maybe - it may be that "straight line handling" that is getting them there (horsepower).

I have a hard time thinking that it's anything else.

Yeah, the #78 wasn't even close to being as dominant as this year but that crew definitely cost him a shot at more than a few wins.

Doesn't matter man. When you have a car that is "struggling", and can't get to the front, then you can stretch a lead when having clean air...cup racing wasn't like that when Gordon dominated or when Johnson dominated. If your car was "fastest", you wouldn't get stuck in 5th. If your car struggles, you wouldn't hold the lead when you got it. Cup racing now is catered more towards aero dependency and track position than it was with previous packages.

Case in point, now that Harvick and Truex are both in dirty air, the "better" car has now closed the gap on Truex.

Kevin has a much faster car. Get within 5 car lengths and the air just comes off the nose. Cant pass. Gen 6 aero is trash.

Back
Top Bottom