Cup RACE thread --- Texas

I think he's going to win a lot..the talent is there. He lacks the sort of self awareness KB had at 18 though.

There's no denying the talent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
What was KB aware of at 18?

There are certain things in life Ty Gibbs can't do anything about, like who his grandfather is. There are however LOTS of things Ty DOES have control over. Not acting like a punk ass little brat repeatedly is one of them. If Ty doesn't want to be hated (maybe he does) then my advice would be "Don't be the stereotype". People will have opinions of you no matter what. Work on proving them wrong, not right.
Ty is fine. He will figure out who he needs to be to survive in this business. He is unaffected by the white noise. He has a group that he listens to--primarily his Dad and family. Those are the people who have his ear--not the big mouths trying to tear him down. I am sure that Coy has chewed his ass a time or ten, and knows exactly who his son is. A petulant ass? Probably, but he wouldn't be the first to be considered as such at 19. Does Ty listen to everything his Dad says? No, but none of us did. Don't think for a second that there aren't some mind games already in the garage. Ty is a threat to those who are dominating the sport. He will have some rough times for sure--that is all part of it, but he will be fine. Many are making way too big of a deal out of what he has been up to, but that is what many like to do. It's going to be fun to watch Ty. It already is. I don't think Ty cares if he is hated, BTW.

Ty is not just fine. He has two penalties awarded for his bad behavior in the Cup series and he isn't full time or has even a year in.

Ty is not just fine. He has two penalties awarded for his bad behavior in the Cup series and he isn't full time or has even a year in.
bull****. He's fine. You got Willy who everybody thinks is a Boy Scout turning veterans under yellow. That's not fine...but nobody cares because he is a baby faced Mr. H robot. Your new favorite turned Hornaday, and everybody thought he should be put in prison....and now look at him.....He's YOUR guy? Who knew?

bull****. He's fine. You got Willy who everybody thinks is a Boy Scout turning veterans under yellow. That's not fine...but nobody cares because he is a baby faced Mr. H robot. Your new favorite turned Hornaday, and everybody thought he should be put in prison....and now look at him.....He's YOUR guy? Who knew?
not talking about change the subject Willy or whatever. Nascar is the one who said Ty is a problem when they gave him two penalties.

It’s the second time this year that Gibbs has been penalized for unsafe driving on pit road. He was fined $15,000 for making contact with Sam Mayer’s car in the pits after an Xfinity Series race at Martinsville in April. That retaliation led to post-race fisticuffs between the two drivers.

Ty is fine. He will figure out who he needs to be to survive in this business. He is unaffected by the white noise. He has a group that he listens to--primarily his Dad and family. Those are the people who have his ear--not the big mouths trying to tear him down. I am sure that Coy has chewed his ass a time or ten, and knows exactly who his son is. A petulant ass? Probably, but he wouldn't be the first to be considered as such at 19. Does Ty listen to everything his Dad says? No, but none of us did. Don't think for a second that there aren't some mind games already in the garage. Ty is a threat to those who are dominating the sport. He will have some rough times for sure--that is all part of it, but he will be fine. Many are making way too big of a deal out of what he has been up to, but that is what many like to do. It's going to be fun to watch Ty. It already is. I don't think Ty cares if he is hated, BTW.
So, Ty Gibbs to the #3 in 2031?

not talking about change the subject Willy or whatever. Nascar is the one who said Ty is a problem when they gave him two penalties.

It’s the second time this year that Gibbs has been penalized for unsafe driving on pit road. He was fined $15,000 for making contact with Sam Mayer’s car in the pits after an Xfinity Series race at Martinsville in April. That retaliation led to post-race fisticuffs between the two drivers.
Yeah, and he was fined. He will learn. Your New Boy did. Kind of.

Back
Top Bottom