Cup RACE thread --- Texas

I admit I read it wrong but No, he didnt deserve a penalty for bumping someone square under caution. That stuff is common, turning someone is not.
He hit him several times, not all square. So going up and damaging a competitor's car under caution is ok?

He hit him several times, not all square. So going up and damaging a competitor's car under caution is ok?
Yeah he definitely tried to turn him few times, the last time when Byron was on the apron pretty much next to the pace car. Denny probably should’ve been fined.

I can just picture Ty Gibbs pissing off a bunch of grown ass men in their 30s and 40s and it's going to be so much fun, he seriously might get choke slammed onto the hood of his Monster Energy Camry. Zero doubt he's taking over the 18 and the boos that the 18 currently gets for a long time.

Dont know if you all saw this either. The Preacher's Grandson is going to get an attitude adjustment, whether he wants one or not if he keeps this garbage up.

Toyota running the show

Joe Gibbs Abruptly Pulls Denny Hamlin Away From Reporters for Convo Toyota Didn't Want Anyone to See​

Looks like to me he was chewing his azz.
It definitely wasn't a "look, I need you to be nice" kind of talk (from appearance).

As for Ty, well, drivers keep talking about how hits hurt more in this car. He seems to be on his way to finding out.

I admit I read it wrong but No, he didnt deserve a penalty for bumping someone square under caution. That stuff is common, turning someone is not.
He admitted to trying to turn Byron under the caution tho. So just because he didn't turn him does that mean his intent doesn't matter??

Toyota running the show

Joe Gibbs Abruptly Pulls Denny Hamlin Away From Reporters for Convo Toyota Didn't Want Anyone to See​

"Joe Gibbs ... grabbed his driver and pulled him aside ..."

The standards for grabbing and pulling have certainly slipped in the 2020s. I didn't see anything going on here that we haven't see with other drivers, owners, and manu reps before, and nothing Toyota-specific about this. Looks like someone trying to make mountains out of sand grains.

This only seems fitting
422c6ccefed0474c798c7f94c2ba1164.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It was a typical chicken $hit move that Hamlin is known for. He took the air off of the 24 and followed him up the track keeping it that way until he released the 24 when the 24 didn't have enough room to recover before hitting the wall. It damaged the suspension on the 24 and took the 24 out of contention for a win.
Then it is always the "who me" Hamlin defense "never touched him". Hendrick is right to protest. Any racers who are on the panel will see Hamlin's actions for what they were. Denny has always been a dirty driver (though he screams loudly at others) and it's getting worse as he ages.
All of this....unless Denny gets into a non-Toyota....and then, "Everything's great!" You are on a whole new level if you think Byron was justified. The panel isn't going to review Denny--he is not under trial. Byron is who they will be looking at. Holy crap man. Get a grip.

So do you have a problem with what ty did?
I do, but the stupid piling on--especially on social media--is ridiculous. I wish these guys would stop talking, and actually do something. It's a giant mind game. Drama.

I can just picture Ty Gibbs pissing off a bunch of grown ass men in their 30s and 40s and it's going to be so much fun, he seriously might get choke slammed onto the hood of his Monster Energy Camry. Zero doubt he's taking over the 18 and the boos that the 18 currently gets for a long time.
I called this **** a year ago. Ty Gibbs is going to be the next BIG NASCAR villain.

Look at everything he has going for him as a villain.

1. He's super talented. He's going to win a lot, and will win championships. People hate that.

2. He's THE spoiled rich kid of Spoiled rich kids. A new and improved spoiled rich kid. He's the culmination of all spoiled rich kids.

3. Why is he THE spoiled Rich Kid? The grandson of JOE GIBBS. The owner of the most hated race team in NASCAR, for stupid reasons.

4. He's probably gonna end up in the 18. One villain to the next in the same car.

5. He's dumb as rocks, and isn't nearly Smart enough to own the villain role like KB has from the get go. KB was sort of in on it right away. This kid? He's gonna be oblivious.

We legitimately have the formula for the most hated driver of all time in this kid. It's going to be AMAZING.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. He's dumb as rocks, and isn't nearly Smart enough to own the villain role like KB has from the get go. KB was sort of in on it right away. This kid? He's gonna be oblivious.
Hes 19... Ifs hes still showing the same behavior issues when hes 23 then sure. Not everybody matures at the same rate so calling him "dumb as rocks" is a bit too far right now IMO.

Hes 19... Ifs hes still showing the same behavior issues when hes 23 then sure. Not everybody matures at the same rate so calling him "dumb as rocks" is a bit too far right now IMO.
I feel once he learns to harness his emotions and unleash them at the right time, he's gonna be a regular Cup winner. I give him a pass on the Silver Spoon title, because he has shown he can drive with the best of them. He's not in the car just because he's JGs grandson, he has great talent.

I dont know how he can say that either. He's clearly shown he's immature, but I have no idea what his IQ is though he sounds pretty intelligent in his interviews. I hope he has a serious talk with himself about his on track actions. He is incredibly talented and if he gets his act together he will be a force.

I called this **** a year ago. Ty Gibbs is going to be the next BIG NASCAR villain.

Look at everything he has going for him as a villain.

1. He's super talented. He's going to win a lot, and will win championships. People hate that.

2. He's THE spoiled rich kid of Spoiled rich kids. A new and improved spoiled rich kid. He's the culmination of all spoiled rich kids.

3. Why is he THE spoiled Rich Kid? The grandson of JOE GIBBS. The owner of the most hated race team in NASCAR, for stupid reasons.

4. He's probably gonna end up in the 18. One villain to the next in the same car.

We legitimately have the formula for the most hated driver of all time in this kid. It's going to be AMAZING.

There are certain things in life Ty Gibbs can't do anything about, like who his grandfather is. There are however LOTS of things Ty DOES have control over. Not acting like a punk ass little brat repeatedly is one of them. If Ty doesn't want to be hated (maybe he does) then my advice would be "Don't be the stereotype". People will have opinions of you no matter what. Work on proving them wrong, not right.

I feel once he learns to harness his emotions and unleash them at the right time, he's gonna be a regular Cup winner. I give him a pass on the Silver Spoon title, because he has shown he can drive with the best of them. He's not in the car just because he's JGs grandson, he has great talent.
I think he's going to win a lot..the talent is there. He lacks the sort of self awareness KB had at 18 though.

There's no denying the talent.

Back
Top Bottom