Cup RACE thread --- Watkins Glen

Good win for Larson.

Had 0.50 in the bank with 10 to go, managed tires well.

Championship effort for the 9 and got a strong p2 after a **** day.

And LOLOLOLOLOL Penske.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
And another lol for Penske.

Only time I’ll pull for Larson: to win regular season and knock 11 out.

Did Rick just say Larson and Hamlin are tied?

Jesus lol can this kid ever get the points lead?

1628457351785.png

Did Rick just say Larson and Hamlin are tied?

Jesus lol can this kid ever get the points lead?

Thats what a feast or famine season gets you. Meanwhile, Hamlin has been incredibly consistent.

Congrats to Larson. Well executed! I’m sure there’s a few guys on 9 team that need pink slips by tomorrow.

Can Penske get their **** together or...

*is acutely aware of the mantra that Chase is a road course only one trick pony and this is a huge loss*

*is acutely aware of the mantra that Chase is a road course only one trick pony and this is a huge loss*
You know, Chase is a road course only one trick pony, and this is really a pretty significant loss with eventual playoff Implications.

Was it damage or did he flat spot his tires?
Flat spotted his tires.
Yep, and may have cost him a win today. Larson drove a nice consistent race and took care of his tires. It would have been interesting to see how good of a race it would have been between Elliott and Larson if Elliott could have caught him. Catching someone is one thing but passing them is another.

Flat spotted his tires.
Yep, and may have cost him a win today. Larson drove a nice consistent race and took care of his tires. It would have been interesting to see how good of a race it would have been between Elliott and Larson if Elliott could have caught him. Catching someone is one thing but passing them is another.
Track position is king.

But the second pit stop at the start of the stage was super questionable.

Flat spotted his tires.
He would've made quick work of Larson all things equal. Fastest lap of the race by half a second is a pretty glaring difference.

Flat spotted his tires.
a race of mistakes and Larson didn't make many. Elliott was coming from the rear all day and did a hell of a job finishing second after all of the messes he was in.

I was so interested in the 5 / 9 runs today I forgot the 48 was even in the race. That team sure went backwards fast today. Good Job with a P-6 finish for the 24 team though.

a race of mistakes and Larson didn't make many. Elliott was coming from the rear all day and did a hell of a job finishing second after all of the messes he was in.

Didn't make any at all, and that's 100% on Cliff, imo. Was super conservative and showed patience the final 10 laps of the race as Cliff was more or less reading off the math to him, cheerleading, and keeping him from getting to excited. He's a great guy to have on the box and has A LOT to do with Larson's success this season. I think he's the best CC at HMS right now.

Very much Chad K like in that "we need X lap times". As Chase was closing in from 10-5 seconds, there were a few laps where Larson just popped off a lap where he was 0.5 faster than he was the few laps prior. And as soon as Chase got around Truex, Larson picked up another half second.

Chase was better at that mid part of the run, but Larson was leaving time on the board, as there was concern about tirewear.

Kyle Busch has become so reliable when it comes to not overabusing his stuff, and finishing well despite being a total non factor.

Didn't make any at all, and that's 100% on Cliff, imo. Was super conservative and showed patience the final 10 laps of the race as Cliff was more or less reading off the math to him, cheerleading, and keeping him from getting to excited. He's a great guy to have on the box and has A LOT to do with Larson's success this season. I think he's the best CC at HMS right now.

Very much Chad K like in that "we need X lap times". As Chase was closing in from 10-5 seconds, there were a few laps where Larson just popped off a lap where he was 0.5 faster than he was the few laps prior. And as soon as Chase got around Truex, Larson picked up another half second.

Chase was better at that mid part of the run, but Larson was leaving time on the board, as there was concern about tirewear.

well he apologized for hitting Bell. I guess you missed that.

I was so interested in the 5 / 9 runs today I forgot the 48 was even in the race. That team sure went backwards fast today. Good Job with a P-6 finish for the 24 team though.
I commented on this earlier when Larson, Elliot and Byron were all running top 5.

well he apologized for hitting Bell. I guess you missed that.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, and didn't see it, only heard it. Was cooking chicken thighs at the time buddy ;)

Back
Top Bottom