cutting the cable and still watch nascar

acmerocket

Team Owner
i know this has been talked about here before,i would love to rid of my cable,but how do you record races.most of the up coming race will be on fox or fox1,do they show full reruns on there web pages or on any other sites.i dont mine paying a little,but these people have gone crazy.
thanks brad

i going to get dirtvision again so i can watch the world of outlaws
.track pass for arca and flat track
.please name 4 or 5 others i should check out'

go to NASCAR.com
scroll all way to bottom
NASCAR DRIVE
listen to MRN or PRN radio

I cut the cable recently and bought a superbox. Not only do I get all the sports channels but I also get over 1,000 live t.v. channels, over 11,000 movies, NFL season ticket, NBA league pass, MLB and hockey. And PPV. No monthly fees other than $60 a month for internet. I can't record shows like tivo but it does have a playback feature for anything within the last 7 days but I haven't really used that yet. The only bummer for me is it only has 1 Portland station but I have a digital antenna if I really need to watch a local station like news.

what do you guys thank of youtube tv?
I didn't care much for the Viacom price hike, but it's still reasonable overall at about $75 after tax for the standard package. I just had to remember to cut the sports pack after RedZone was no longer needed last month. The UI is pretty friendly and the unlimited DVR is superb.

Fox sports gives you a free hour preview
Today I watched the beginning of the race
Then
37 to go watched another free preview (on different computer) to see the end of the race

worked out ok

My wife has a price negotiations battle with DirectTv almost every year. We went to Dish TV about three or four years ago, and them back to Direct the next year. She is tenacious and fights them a lot harder than I do.

The last battle finished this weekend and we were going to cut the cord today or on the 28th. They finally relented and agreed to give her the promotional benefits on Friday.

We will be getting DirectTv for $37 and some change per month for the next 12 months. It includes Foxsports, FS1, NBCB, MAVTV, and the DVR capabilities.
It is well worth that to me.

My wife has a price negotiations battle with DirectTv almost every year. We went to Dish TV about three or four years ago, and them back to Direct the next year. She is tenacious and fights them a lot harder than I do.

The last battle finished this weekend and we were going to cut the cord today or on the 28th. They finally relented and agreed to give her the promotional benefits on Friday.

We will be getting DirectTv for $37 and some change per month for the next 12 months. It includes Foxsports, FS1, NBCB, MAVTV, and the DVR capabilities.
It is well worth that to me.
Where do you get reliable internet?

Where do you get reliable internet?
AT&T DSL
I would rather have Charter, but our current setup does all we need.
The wife works at home and is able to do all her conference meetings etc with what we have.

Dish & Direct TV suck here we average close to 100" of yearly rain fall = no TV if anything more than a light drizzle. Their customer service stinks + the service is pricey.
I have poor AT&T internet service here only 6 MBPS available.
I use Comcast internet & phone, internet is +100 MBPS = good for streaming & I rarely experience buffering.
I have ROKU devices, buy the device & no monthly service fee = tons of free TV / movies even more of them if you have Amazon prime. ROKU adds about 40 movies a month to their line up.
For regular broadcasts I use HULU live its 70.00 a month. HULU includes recording with 50 hours of recording time more recording time is available for more $$.
Have been using the current system for over 18 months savings over the other systems I have used during that time period = 2400.00 +/- a few pennies.

Luck.

So yesterday I finally hooked up this Roku stick I ordered last year. The physical set-up was easy enough, other than I almost threw the stick itself out by mistake. It was tucked inside a cardboard sleeve that I thought was part of the packaging.

There were no issues connecting it to the home WiFi or creating a Roku account, although I'm not quite sure if I'm being charged for anything. I haven't installed apps for either my iPhone or Android tablet. It appears all they do is act as remote controls; correct me if I'm wrong.

Big props for whatever their method is to automatically detect my TV brand and model, then programming their remote to work with it. That's always a pain with a cable or satellite service remote. But I keep looking at the remote and expecting more buttons, especially a way to change back and forth between programs; maybe the apps provide that functionality? There was a quick initial tutorial but I wasn't expecting it, missed part of it, and haven't figured out how to replay it yet.

I bought this to use in the garage, as a replacement for a cable box on a TV that only I use, and only on weekends during race season. As such, I'm using my Spectrum account to access NBC and Fox networks. I was a bit disappointed that after having followed steps to authenticate with NBC as a Spectrum user, I had to go through another authentication process with Fox. I assume / hope this is a one-time process for each cable-provided network; I don't want to go through that every time I turn the stick on.

I was satisfied with the signal transmission from my router to the stick. I haven't had reason to stream content wirelessly before and didn't know what to expect. With only two people in the house and usually only one device in use at a time, I doubt there will be problems on that front.

So how do I find out what other ... networks? channels? services ... carry NASCAR, IndyCar, etc? While a list of services would appreciated (legal services only, please), I'm more interested in learning how to find that kind of content for myself.

If you can pick up local channels with an antenna id use slingtv for nbcsn/fs1. If you live in the sticks like I do and can't pick up a local fox.affiliate I use fubotv and have zero complaints. Does include being able to record a race. $60/montn

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Again- look into purchasing a superbox. I only pay $60 a month for my internet. No monthly subscription fees and I get pretty much everything including PPV. You do need good internet speed.

Again- look into purchasing a superbox. I only pay $60 a month for my internet. No monthly subscription fees and I get pretty much everything including PPV. You do need good internet speed.
What's a superbox? If I get one, won't I still have the same question of how to find race coverage?

I'm not likely to purchase another gizmo at this point. I just hooked this one up and it may do what I need.

Superbox S2 pro. Google it- easier than me explaining what it is LOL! It's a magic box stop that takes magic stuff off the interweb and puts it onto my TV. It has over a thousand TV stations. To watch pre-race or Xfinity and truck races you just watch FS1. To watch a cup race you just pick any of the fox affiliate stations that are available on it, I'm watching Fox LA right now, and just enjoy. It also has over 11,000 movies and shows. And pay-per-view. And again no subscription fees. Just pay initial investment of $299 to buy the Box. A little spendy but my cable bill went up to over $200 a month so it pays for itself in just a couple months. I don't know the specifics- gig this megabyte that- it just works. It's magic.

HIGHLY recommend it. The only downside is no History channel and some regional Fox Sports channels have been temporarily removed until a new deal can be made.

I don't think it's about a deal, I think it's Sinclair not having the ability to do streaming regional sports networks.

MASN, which broadcasts the Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles, isn't available on YouTube or others or on their own website either.

Who pays more for cable than this? My spectrum is $115 a month and that includes 200 mbps internet. Anymore the cost things like this and YouTube TV exceeds cable and cable never buffers

I don't mind dropping $30 to experiment with a stick. $300 for something I've never seen and a business model I don't understand is more than I'm willing to 'invest'.
Completely understand. I was just pissed off of them raising my cable bill to $220 a month for expanded basic and internet. I also wanted something with no monthly fees.

Completely understand. I was just pissed off of them raising my cable bill to $220 a month for expanded basic and internet. I also wanted something with no monthly fees.
Good thinking. Even if the whole thing craters your friendly cable company will gladly take you back for 220 bucks a month and you saved a couple of hundred bucks. I hope the box works out

I'm just leery of a box that looks too good to be legally true. It has a terrific list of available networks, but most f them are known for charging for their content. Theoretically, someone somewhere is supposed to be paying for that content on a regular basis. I don't understand how that ongoing expense is covered by charging each customer a one-time $300 fee.

I'm just leery of a box that looks too good to be legally true. It has a terrific list of available networks, but most f them are known for charging for their content. Theoretically, someone somewhere is supposed to be paying for that content on a regular basis. I don't understand how that ongoing expense is covered by charging each customer a one-time $300 fee.
Yeah you see that coming also. Yep the gatekepers have the game pretty much rigged against something like that. Could be worse. They already tried to rig the internet during the last regime, but it was so blatant they couldn't fool anybody. But if they can get by with it for a couple of three months or more, the box short term will work for those who do the provider hopping thing.

Yeah you see that coming also. Yep the gatekepers have the game pretty much rigged against something like that. Could be worse. They already tried to rig the internet during the last regime, but it was so blatant they couldn't fool anybody. But if they can get by with it for a couple of three months or more, the box short term will work for those who do the provider hopping thing.
I have no objection to paying for content. I also have no objection to paying for reliability and ease of use, and having to search around for providers on frequent basis doesn't fit either of those in my book..

Whether I'm being overcharged for content, reliability, and ease of use is up for debate.

sorry,i just dont trust free
To me it is just more intense ho ing that the dish gang started, a bunch of cut throats that were allowed to contract screw the public with the fine print of the second year raising of the fee, signing bonuses undercutting their current subscribers and who knows what else. equipment deposits on and on. I won't do business with them and yeah I don't trust free also. There are plenty that will go for it and then when the next thing comes along they will go for that. For more info see cell phone Ho's

i saw this on the nascar race,what is tubi,they said it was free.
I =assume= it's a service provider. I'm sure it's both free and legal; I doubt NASCAR would knowingly approve it as a sponsor otherwise.

The question is, what do they offer for free? "Beverly Hillbillies" and "700 Club"? I give you long odds that NASCAR races carried on FS1 aren't free on Tubi, if they're carried at all.
sorry,i just dont trust free
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

Because they're not legal.

Because they're not legal.
Actually they are legal. I'm no expert, but I did look into it before I bought mine from what I've read. The box itself doesn't provide any content it just runs apps. It comes with an "app store " and 2 of the available apps are Blue TV and Blue VOD( video on demand). You have to select them and then download them. These apps are actually what provides the content. Since they don't sell the box already loaded( jailbroken?) and you have to load the apps, that is legal. At least that's what I read. Again I'm no expert, but so far I am pleased enough with it that I brought a second one for my bedroom. It's not perfect, but I get way more than I did with cable and all I am paying is $60 a month for internet which I would be paying anyway. If anyone has questions feel free to PM me so we don't just go on endlessly LOL!

So the box is legal. Do the apps provide content legally? "I don't know" is acceptable answer, by the way.

Who pays more for cable than this? My spectrum is $115 a month and that includes 200 mbps internet. Anymore the cost things like this and YouTube TV exceeds cable and cable never buffers
I signed up for 2 year "non-contract?" Spectrum Gold Package almost two years ago. $162. DVR, HBO, Showtime, STARZ among all the rest. I'll cancel all service at end of "contract that ain't a contract", wait 30 days and sign up again as a NEW CUSTOMER! They give NEW CUSTOMERS a deal and screw over the long term people. Weird business model. Was hoping 5G would be a thing by time my cable bill was changing but nope. Appears at least 2 years from being fully rolled out. Other than the 5G chip in the Covid vaccine. Still waiting to get mine. I really need to cancel all my streaming services. Just about quit watching NetFlix, or about 5 others I've managed to get hooked up with. All total less than 40 bucks so not a big deal. Don't count my Prime as I'm paying for the delivery service and the streaming video is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom