Dale Earnhardt Jr.

23658377_10155983225597422_4097259341210673900_n.jpg

Dale Earnhardt Jr.
The Grey Ghost is at the house. This won’t go in the woods. We will frame it up and hang it upside down in my shop.

Here is a link to a short you tube video of Jr and Alex Bowman unveiling the 2018 Daytona car.

Reactions: Pat
I just saw the skit that Dale Jr, Rutledge Wood, Martin Truex Jr, and Ryan Blaney just did during the Super Bowl pre game show and it was pretty good...I hope they show it again later.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
I see @DaleJarrett at the studio for our show tonight. And he says he has something for me. I wonder what could it be. He proceeded to tell me a story to explain.
In 2001 at the Daytona 500 hours before the race DJ was getting ready to do his hospitality for his new sponsor UPS. As he exited his motorcoach (parked directly across from my fathers) he noticed dad is meeting with a group of sponsors and fans of his own.
Dad is hurriedly signing items handed to him by the group as he talks. DJ worked his way through the group up to dad and took the UPS hat off his head. He handed it to dad. Dad signs the item having yet to look up to realize whom it belonged to.
Dad stops to examine the hat after signing it because of the color and logo. The UPS branding was an unfamiliar sight. He looks up to notice DJ standing there and they both had a good laugh. DJ eventually went on his way, as did dad.
Through the years after my dads death many drivers and industry folk were incredibly supportive, and that certainly includes Dale Jarrett. Today he gave me that hat my father signed all those years ago. It’s hard to know how to express my appreciation for his friendship.
DfDh05bWsAEQX7g.jpg

I see @DaleJarrett at the studio for our show tonight. And he says he has something for me. I wonder what could it be. He proceeded to tell me a story to explain.
In 2001 at the Daytona 500 hours before the race DJ was getting ready to do his hospitality for his new sponsor UPS. As he exited his motorcoach (parked directly across from my fathers) he noticed dad is meeting with a group of sponsors and fans of his own.
Dad is hurriedly signing items handed to him by the group as he talks. DJ worked his way through the group up to dad and took the UPS hat off his head. He handed it to dad. Dad signs the item having yet to look up to realize whom it belonged to.
Dad stops to examine the hat after signing it because of the color and logo. The UPS branding was an unfamiliar sight. He looks up to notice DJ standing there and they both had a good laugh. DJ eventually went on his way, as did dad.
Through the years after my dads death many drivers and industry folk were incredibly supportive, and that certainly includes Dale Jarrett. Today he gave me that hat my father signed all those years ago. It’s hard to know how to express my appreciation for his friendship.
DfDh05bWsAEQX7g.jpg

Love this story and what DJ did. 10 likes!

Back
Top Bottom