Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Funny, that Alka Seltzer car got nominated in the ugliest paint schemes thread lol

A very, very interesting show. Brad K, Rusty Wallace, Kurt Busch, and Jimmie Johnson were all interviewed.
Learned a whole lot about the beginnings of the car industry --- Henry Ford was a first class SOB.

Yeah was even portrayed that way in the Harley Davidson special on Discovery a few years ago.

And I think nobody wants this particular Earnhardt era to be over more than Dale Jr himself. Not sure if he is bored, frustrated, or scared he is going to die in that race car, but he wants out. At this point, one almost gets the sense that he doesn't care if he wins again, or not. He just wants it over with. Never seen a major team go a whole year where the car never is right, and no adjustments ever work. It always just seems to get worse with the 88. And has for a few years now. Sad, because I like Dale Jr. Would love to see him win. But when it is eveident that somebody just doesn't have anything left in the tank, you get what you get. Truth be told, he should have never come back this year. Figure he felt he owed Hendrick because of sponsor loyalty, etc. But when one loses the edge, it is time to get out.

YES
But he isn't walking away from his fans, just playing a new role in life.

And I think nobody wants this particular Earnhardt era to be over more than Dale Jr himself. Not sure if he is bored, frustrated, or scared he is going to die in that race car, but he wants out. At this point, one almost gets the sense that he doesn't care if he wins again, or not. He just wants it over with. Never seen a major team go a whole year where the car never is right, and no adjustments ever work. It always just seems to get worse with the 88. And has for a few years now. Sad, because I like Dale Jr. Would love to see him win. But when it is eveident that somebody just doesn't have anything left in the tank, you get what you get. Truth be told, he should have never come back this year. Figure he felt he owed Hendrick because of sponsor loyalty, etc. But when one loses the edge, it is time to get out.

I disagree. He had something left in the tank early this season when he had some decent runs going during the west coast swing and thru Texas & Martinsville, and just had some pretty awful luck, once that happened the wheels fell off, and honestly the 48 team (a 7 time champion team) doesn't look very good either, his other teammate is 20th in points.

I'd like to see Dale get a win before the year is out, but I don't want to see him get one before the playoffs. He doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs this season .. he's had a bad year.

I'd like to see Dale get a win before the year is out, but I don't want to see him get one before the playoffs. He doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs this season .. he's had a bad year.
Make it 7 total for sole possession of the 2nd most wins at Dega behind his dad and I'll be perfectly happy with his final year. Smoke wasn't too successful in his final season either but I was happy he got to win one more, that's all I want for Jr

Good thing about those two lose nuts is that Dale won't have that nut sitting in the CC chair.

DKfOAkZUMAIrYNH.jpg:large

Dale Jr is out of his prime and fading. Only his hard core fans can't see the obvious. Like Danica, Dale Jr has been part of a Cup Championship organization and just couldn't get it done. I would've loved to see him get a win this year -- but now that Dale Jr has gone digital and lets himself get distracted by SJW causes...

Dale Jr is just flapping in the wind as he complains about other people's performance -- as he watches Jimmie, Chase, and Kasey finish up the season in the Chase.

Time for him to put down his electronics social media junk, stop all non-driving commitments (other than being a good husband), and concentrate on WINNING in his final races in NASCAR.

Dale Jr is out of his prime and fading. Only his hard core fans can't see the obvious. Like Danica, Dale Jr has been part of a Cup Championship organization and just couldn't get it done. I would've loved to see him get a win this year -- but now that Dale Jr has gone digital and lets himself get distracted by SJW causes...

Dale Jr is just flapping in the wind as he complains about other people's performance -- as he watches Jimmie, Chase, and Kasey finish up the season in the Chase.

Time for him to put down his electronics social media junk, stop all non-driving commitments (other than being a good husband), and concentrate on WINNING in his final races in NASCAR.

Jr still would be a pretty good driver. I don't even think he's over the hill, its the dynamic between CC and driver. Feedback seems like its getting ignored and it just seems like Jr is like whatever at this point. He said he is going to stick with Ives, but I would have moved CCs already and move Greg to the 24 team and given Gustafson to Jr.

He's toughed it out, but I'm really ready for this season to end for him. Its been painful to watch and hear him.

So you would move a crew chief you think sucks to a car that's still in Chase??????

So you would move a crew chief you think sucks to a car that's still in Chase??????

Would have made this change when Chase came into Cup, Ives and Chase having winning pedigree winning the Xfinity championship together. Move should have been made last season, but I'm just arm-chair expert. I think the fit with Ives/Elliott and Gustafson/Earnhardt Jr would have made a LOT of sense IMHO.

Thats like saying why is Rodden been relived of his duties now with Kahne? Jr knows he's been **** all season, he's stated it quite bluntly after races and hearing some of the stuff that is going on. I could understand why he has lost motivation.

Personally I think they should move Ives/Elliott and Alan Gustafson with Alex Bowman.

Junior isn't very good right now, but neither is Kasey outside of that kinda flukey win at IMS. HMS looks like a tier 2 organization right now even at the top.

He just announced that the Grey Ghost paint scheme will be at Martinsville.
I met Buddy Baker many, many times and this is my favorite of his.
Great thing is JR missed out on driving that one last year due to the concussion and he was really looking forward to it. Glad he gets to now.

I personally liked the black patriotic scheme he ran at Daytona in 2015, was there for that win.

Back
Top Bottom