Dale Jr 2014 sponsor?

*WEAVER*

Team Owner
Maybe I missed it, but did they ever say who the new 2014 sponsor will be for Earnhardt Jr? I know everybody was trying to take a guess at who it was, but I never heard anything.

As far as I know the #88 is still unsponsored for 13 races in 2014.

I find it odd that the 10 time most popular driver doesn't have full sponsorship while the #5 does but I don't completely understand how the sponsorship deals work anyway :oops:

As far as I know the #88 is still unsponsored for 13 races in 2014.

I find it odd that the 10 time most popular driver doesn't have full sponsorship while the #5 does but I don't completely understand how the sponsorship deals work anyway :oops:

Well, you can look at it in one of two ways. It's either a sign that our sport is going through a dramatic change where it's not so reliant on sponsorship, or its an opportunity for a new company who hasn't sponsored a NASCAR team before to step up and sponsor Dale Jr. for a few races.

It's been explained several times by Jr. and Mr. Hendrick that they have many very good choices for sponsorships but are being choosy about putting the right long term deals together for Jr.

Last edited:
June 17, 2013

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...ndrick-close-sprint-cup-sponsor-061713#!njsKF

“We’re very close,” Hendrick said. “Again, we’ve had lots of interest. But we’ve got something real nice that fits well. You’ve got to remember, too, I’ve got a lot of sponsors – so there’s a lot of conflicts. I’ve had many deals I could take but it would have conflicted with my other guys. I think this will be a pretty neat deal when we get to announce it. It’s never done til it’s done, but I think we’re in good shape.”

If they were "very close" back then they must be really, really close by now. Maybe they're waiting for next year at Daytona ;)

June 17, 2013

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...ndrick-close-sprint-cup-sponsor-061713#!njsKF

“We’re very close,” Hendrick said. “Again, we’ve had lots of interest. But we’ve got something real nice that fits well. You’ve got to remember, too, I’ve got a lot of sponsors – so there’s a lot of conflicts. I’ve had many deals I could take but it would have conflicted with my other guys. I think this will be a pretty neat deal when we get to announce it. It’s never done til it’s done, but I think we’re in good shape.”

If they were "very close" back then they must be really, really close by now. Maybe they're waiting for next year at Daytona ;)

well apparently whatever deal they thought they had then fell through, they were hoping that deal would have taken the place of the time warner sponsorship that we have seen on the car lately and races next year. national guard just reupped for next year. I think they are waiting on something big and long term. They don't want to piece together a deal for dale jr, they want something that is a long term deal and that probably pays more money. The deal with kahne is totally different ideally they would have a major sponsor but they take what they can get there. I think dale jr has so much sponsor power they feel that if worst came to worst they could piece meal the sponsorship so if you have that to fall back on, why not wait as long as possible to try and find a long term deal.

June 17, 2013

Are you doubting the owner himself? lol

They're probably just figuring out who's going to be sponsoring this or that race and for how many.

The perks of having "alot of sponsors." Gotta keep everyone happy.

This is not a Jnr bashing from me and not taking anything away from his most popular driver status for many many years running however one thing that alwasy gets me about Jnr is that he is appauling when he is interviewed. Sure he is not the sponsor whore that many are, however c'mon, surely over the years he has been coached on interview skills, sponsor acknowledgement and general personality engagement.

I would be interested to see how engaging he would be at actual sponsor events.

Perhaps I am way off the mark with this, after all, its just my observation.

Personally I would say that sponsorship costs are just to high, and agree as above.

Jr has always seemed to have some speech anxiety to me. Just not a comfortable speaker in non-off the cuff situations.

I wish the sport wasn't so enormously expensive to compete in that teams needed multi-million dollar sponsors that draw the drivers away from the fans in order to compete. Leroy's post about what sponsors expect exemplifies so much that's wrong with NASCAR. They want "beautiful people".

Something just doesn't add up about this whole deal. I wonder if Hendrick is telling potential sponsors that they have throw some cash at some of the other HMS teams to get on the #88 car?

Hendrick can sponsor his own team I believe if it really comes down to it.

Something just doesn't add up about this whole deal. I wonder if Hendrick is telling potential sponsors that they have throw some cash at some of the other HMS teams to get on the #88 car?
The only car that might need that is Kahne since HendrickCars.com has been his sponsor a few times each of the past two years.

The only car that might need that is Kahne since HendrickCars.com has been his sponsor a few times each of the past two years.

How long is Kahne under contract for?

He's not panning out over there IMO.

For every good race he has 3 bad ones to follow.

Danica for Dale, do it Rick.

A cash cow for a cash cow.

Seriously though. Rick is going to have alot of empty seats to fill in the next couple of years.

Gordon may retire after the 2016 season and I dont see Kahne lasting that long unless he seriousky picks it up. Good old Junebug is up there in age too so it will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end.

How long is Kahne under contract for?

He's not panning out over there IMO.

For every good race he has 3 bad ones to follow.
Seems like there's always one team at HMS that's out in left field. All 4 did make the Chase this year, but it seems rare for all the HMS teams to be competitive at the same time.

I'm thinking he's asking a premium price and long term deal for Jr.

This is not a Jnr bashing from me and not taking anything away from his most popular driver status for many many years running however one thing that alwasy gets me about Jnr is that he is appauling when he is interviewed. Sure he is not the sponsor whore that many are, however c'mon, surely over the years he has been coached on interview skills, sponsor acknowledgement and general personality engagement.

Personally I would say that sponsorship costs are just to high, and agree as above.
He used to be much better at interviews in his early years. Don't know what happened.

Danica for Dale, do it Rick.

A cash cow for a cash cow.

Seriously though. Rick is going to have alot of empty seats to fill in the next couple of years.

Gordon may retire after the 2016 season and I dont see Kahne lasting that long unless he seriousky picks it up. Good old Junebug is up there in age too so it will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end.

I saw an interview with Jr and he said he would be racing something until he couldn't race anymore, didn't have a problem with moving down the ladder when he wasn't competitive at the cup level. I don't see Jeff doing that, but if his son or daughter was to get into racing I can see him getting behind that. I wonder about Kahne too, but he got into the chase and might make Nascar trivia as the only driver to finish 13th out of 12 drivers in the chase.

Jr has always seemed to have some speech anxiety to me. Just not a comfortable speaker in non-off the cuff situations.

Some sponsors and fans might find that appealing about him though. He certainly seems to like to put on the air that he's just a North Carolina country boy that doesn't know why all these TV cameras are in his face.

I'm just pissed that things haven't turned out for Junior like I thought they should of. OK I know he's not Dale Sr, he's his own man blah blah blah yeah yeah. All i'm saying is can I get at least 2 wins a year & A championship maybe. I remember thinking back in 04 that Jr was gonna be the second coming but this was gonna be a combination of Dale Sr & Tim Richmond. By now we were gonna have 2 or 3 driving titles & maybe another daytona 500 win. Jr's supposed to be the one winning those Nationwide 300 milers at daytona to start the year the way Tony's been doing. Now i dunno if he just doesn't care, isn't focused, lost his edge, or just isn't any good anymore but it sure doe's suck watching him as pretty much an also ran every year. Maybe it's that crappy number 88, Theresa should've just let him have the number 8. Dale Jarrett had that nasty 88 on his car when he beat Sr at daytona in 96. Theresa should release the 8 for Jr & then they need to make the primary paintjob the darrell waltrip retro mountain dew scheme. Maybe that would change his fortunes. Whatever, seems he's the last of the Earnhardt line for now because Jeffrey's luck is horrible, I wonder if he even wanted to drive or if Kerry pushed him?

I think Jr. clearly still cares, especially with the way he reacted after finishing 2nd at Dover not too long ago. And honestly it's not like he sucks or anything, for some reason victories are just elusive. Outside of the weather-induced engine blowup at Chicagoland he's finished in the Top 15 of every Chase race (2, 2, 6, 8, 8, 15 in those six) and should really be in the title hunt right now.

Not very. I hear a ton of complaints about him being a no show, showing up late, leaving early, etc. He drives the marketing guys absolutely insane. I know a few of them, and every time I approach one to see how they're doing, they just start shaking their head. It's hysterical. They all love Jr, though...just hate how little he's into the "sponsor" thing.

Jr's pretty good in the garage, though. No one is hounded like he is, and yet he doesn't really get frazzled. Signs as much as he can, takes some pictures, knows where the kids are, etc.

That deal in question from over the summer was Norfolk Southern. I think they got last minute sticker shock. The deal they were about to sign into was for 13 races at $800K per.

AllenBaba seems to have alot of bad things to say about any other driver that's not named Kurt Busch. Gets old.

Not discreting you at all and it may just as well be all true but you sure like hammering the Hendrick guys for one reason or another.

Did Hendrick reject your job application or something? Inquiring minds here..

AllenBaba seems to have alot of bad things to say about any other driver that's not named Kurt Busch. Gets old.

Not discreting you at all and it may just as well be all true but you sure like hammering the Hendrick guys for one reason or another.

Did Hendrick reject your job application or something? Inquiring minds here..
Not sure what you mean. I have a world of respect for HMS...top notch from top to bottom. And I personally like every driver. Find me an example where I say bad things about any of them, or offer a negative personal opinion. There's only a handful of drivers whose personalities I'd never defend, and I'm pretty sure I've never bashed any of them here.

I told you what Jr's marketing guys tell me about Jr (not my opinion, just what I've been told)...followed up with what I've seen with my own two eyes (which IS my opinion) and what I'm able to see is nothing but positive. You can go back and read it again...

Not sure what you mean. I have a world of respect for HMS...top notch from top to bottom. And I personally like every driver. Find me an example where I say bad things about any of them, or offer a negative personal opinion. There's only a handful of drivers whose personalities I'd never defend, and I'm pretty sure I've never bashed any of them here.

I told you what Jr's marketing guys tell me about Jr (not my opinion, just what I've been told)...followed up with what I've seen with my own two eyes (which IS my opinion) and what I'm able to see is nothing but positive. You can go back and read it again...

Like I said, I wasn't discrediting what you said about Jr. Just that you seem to get pleasure out of making particular drivers seem..well, not what they seem.

Sorry it comes across that way. I can try wording things differently...I usually post in a rush.

All the Hendrick guys "seemed" like good people to me before I got my hard card, and I haven't experienced anything since to suggest otherwise. They all have great reputations in the garage, and any personal interaction I've ever had has all been positive.

Besides, isn't Jr not really being into the whole "sponsor" thing as it would seem? That's what I would have guessed based on what I see from my couch. He's fantastic with fans, though. His ego is really in check.

Sorry it comes across that way. I can try wording things differently...I usually post in a rush.

All the Hendrick guys "seemed" like good people to me before I got my hard card, and I haven't experienced anything since to suggest otherwise. They all have great reputations in the garage, and any personal interaction I've ever had has all been positive.

Besides, isn't Jr not really being into the whole "sponsor" thing as it would seem? That's what I would have guessed based on what I see from my couch. He's fantastic with fans, though. His ego is really in check.

:cheers:

I've met Jr at an event in Las Vegas. He was great, he is way more relaxed off camera than he is on it.

Do you guys just have to sign a release waiver one time at the first of the year and then your hard card is good for the whole season? That's how it's done at Nhra...so, no standing in long azz lines at the credentials trailer at each race.

Last edited:
I've met Jr at an event in Las Vegas. He was great, he is way more relaxed off camera than he is on it.

Welcome to the forum Scoot . We're here every day , so don't be a stranger . Your avatar looks a lot like mine , but with more money ;) .

It's been explained several times by Jr. and Mr. Hendrick that they have many very good choices for sponsorships but are being choosy about putting the right long term deals together for Jr.

Translation: We're waiting to maximize our profit.

Back
Top Bottom