Dale Jr and His Cars

19USMC69

Team Owner
There's an article entitled "My Tech Essentials" in this weekend's Wall Street Journal. It's about Dale Jr's favorite toys, to include a couple of his cars. He says his favorite is a 1976 Chevy Laguna. Says he also likes his 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. Considerably older than Jr, my tastes naturally lean toward the 60's/very early 70's. IMHO most everything build after 1972 (until recent recent years) was not very exciting (understatement). But, hey, I'm an old fart. Back to Jr, he's obviously a car guy. Given that, I find it odd his favorite is a '76 Laguna. I know, each to his own, but I wouldn't think a Cup driver would be taken by a '76 Laguna.

I don't imagine he has a smogged up 305 under the hood. They were banned from Nascar in 77 because of aero. Cale won 3 championships in a row driving one

DALESLAGUNA-TWEET.jpg

I wonder where the demand for old collector cars will be in 20 years? It's not exactly a young man's hobby. People tend to collect things from there youth, as time goes on there won't be anyone left who remembers these cars when they were the latest and greatest.

There's an article entitled "My Tech Essentials" in this weekend's Wall Street Journal. It's about Dale Jr's favorite toys, to include a couple of his cars. He says his favorite is a 1976 Chevy Laguna. Says he also likes his 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. Considerably older than Jr, my tastes naturally lean toward the 60's/very early 70's. IMHO most everything build after 1972 (until recent recent years) was not very exciting (understatement). But, hey, I'm an old fart. Back to Jr, he's obviously a car guy. Given that, I find it odd his favorite is a '76 Laguna. I know, each to his own, but I wouldn't think a Cup driver would be taken by a '76 Laguna.

Dale is totally in love with the 70's era NASCAR, and he LOVES the cars that raced then. I share his love for these cars too. If I had Powerball money, I would build replicas of some of my favorites: James Hylton's Pop Cola Mercury and Nitro 9 Laguna, Cale's Busch Beer 442, Pearson's Purolator Mercury, Allison's Coke Machine Monte Carlo, I LOVE these cars, and I'm pretty geeked about the street versions too. The Laguna S3 always looked a little weird to me as a street car, but the are quite rare and I would love to have one. Dale is also getting into restoring old race cars that his dad drove. Dale might not be Leno, but his heart's in the right place, and he doesn't have Leno caliber funds to piss away on cars.

Dale is totally in love with the 70's era NASCAR, and he LOVES the cars that raced then. I share his love for these cars too. If I had Powerball money, I would build replicas of some of my favorites: James Hylton's Pop Cola Mercury and Nitro 9 Laguna, Cale's Busch Beer 442, Pearson's Purolator Mercury, Allison's Coke Machine Monte Carlo, I LOVE these cars, and I'm pretty geeked about the street versions too. The Laguna S3 always looked a little weird to me as a street car, but the are quite rare and I would love to have one. Dale is also getting into restoring old race cars that his dad drove. Dale might not be Leno, but his heart's in the right place, and he doesn't have Leno caliber funds to piss away on cars.
Yea because he has more than Leno!

Yea because he has more than Leno!

No, not quite. If you have listened to some of Dale's discussions lately, he didn't make squat (personally) until he went to work for HMS, and by then, the NASCAR gravy train was already starting to wind down. Leno on the other hand, was making millions of dollars a year when Jr. was still lubing cars on the grease rack at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet.

Dale has nothing remotely close to what Jay has in terms of cars. Nor does he have the car history knowledge that Jay has.
I’ve been to Jay’s warehouses.

funny, a few years ago jay said he had not spent any of the money he got from the tonight show.thats pretty crazy and yes he has more cars than jr and money

Dale has nothing remotely close to what Jay has in terms of cars. Nor does he have the car history knowledge that Jay has.
I’ve been to Jay’s warehouses.

Well, Jay's been doing it for 50 years, Dale just a few, and I don't think Dale has any interest taking it to the level Jay does anyway. Jay is a guy that is interested in just about ANYTHING on wheels. Dale's interest seem to be a LOT more focused in a small area. Dale is also VERY close with his money. He has on several occasions talked about taking a pass on race memorabilia and race car stuff that he REALLY wanted, but thought was priced more than he wanted to pay. I am as much of a car guy as anybody, but half the stuff Leno has I wouldn't walk across the street to LOOK at, let alone buy. To each his own.

Both have net worth of 400 million .. I don’t understand how he has more money if it’s stating both net worth’s are 400 million..

Well, Jay's been doing it for 50 years, Dale just a few, and I don't think Dale has any interest taking it to the level Jay does anyway. Jay is a guy that is interested in just about ANYTHING on wheels. Dale's interest seem to be a LOT more focused in a small area. Dale is also VERY close with his money. He has on several occasions talked about taking a pass on race memorabilia and race car stuff that he REALLY wanted, but thought was priced more than he wanted to pay. I am as much of a car guy as anybody, but half the stuff Leno has I wouldn't walk across the street to LOOK at, let alone buy. To each his own.
I’m going to bet you haven’t seen half of Leno’s cars :D

The rule for classic cars is to buy what you like. Unless you can afford significant cars never buy a classic car to make money.

Both have net worth of 400 million .. I don’t understand how he has more money if it’s stating both net worth’s are 400 million..

The same source also lists Jimmie's net worth at $120 million, and Jeff's at $200 million. I other words, I think Celebrity Net Worth pulls these numbers out of their ass.

The same source also lists Jimmie's net worth at $120 million, and Jeff's at $200 million. I other words, I think Celebrity Net Worth pulls these numbers out of their ass.
J Leno has/had multiple sources of income, Dale Jr. has multiple sources of income.
J. Gordon's income is mostly derived from HMS and the business he was involved with Dale Sr.

Back
Top Bottom