dale jr download

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by acmerocket, Feb 12, 2019.

1. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

i think this is the best nascar show,fun and great guests.

Go Panthers and AdoubleU24 like this.
  2. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

If youre looking for nascar related podcasts I highly recommend this, doorbumperclear, InTheDraft and Glass Case Of Emotion

acmerocket likes this.
  3. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

First guests: Tony Eury, Sr. and Tony Jr.
    Great show

acmerocket likes this.
  4. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I have recently started listening to Jr's podcast too, I've been going back and catching up on older episodes. The one with Gordon was VERY good, as was the one with Terry Labonte, and i really enjoyed the one with Alex Bowman. I don't always agree with his enthusiasm for some of the things that happen on the track, but I like his honest down home style and I have been learning a lot about some of the stuff that happened back in the day.

5. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Texas Terry was a great listen. Also liked the one with Kyle Busch on their 2008 rivalry

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  6. TexasRaceLady

There is a re-run on NBCSN today after NASCAR America.

7. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Yep Kyle was excellent on there and when they had him on NASCAR America at the "round" table last year.

But shhhhhh, don't tell @Revman I said this :D

8. TexasRaceLady

Great show with Smoke today.

Larsonfan1995 and acmerocket like this.
  9. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Marcingak and 2 Sweet like this.
  10. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

The Kirk Shelmerdine episode was such a good listen. Also enjoyed the one with the Eury's and I hope he has them on again to talk about the 8 Bud days as they really didnt get into that.

11. TexasRaceLady

Rusty cracked me up. Mike and Junior frequently couldn't get a word in edgewise when he got on a roll.

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

If you want to have a good idea of what is going to happen in the future with Nascar, it would be a good idea to listen to President Steve Phelps. Jr asks some real specific questions.

http://www.dalejr.com/radio/tdjd/default.aspx

LewTheShoe and gnomesayin like this.
  13. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

i love to see ken schrader on this show,

14. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Listened to it last night. Not a lot of specifics that were not previously known, but some interesting responses. A few that jumped out to me:

- Phelps said that in his view NASCAR made an error in targeting new fans at the expense of existing ones, and stated that won't ever happen again.

- He stated making the 2021 target for the Gen 7 car and 2022 goal for a new engine is "a distinct possibility", not a sure thing.

- He explained that the philosophy behind the new engine will be to design it to the desired HP levels, and that this is better than using tapered spacers on overpowered motors. This is a subject that has been debated here before.

- He said it's getting too late for a new OEM to join in 2021, but after that mentioned "one or two" as strong possibilities. After the new engine debuts makes a lot more sense anyway. As much as they suggest new manufacturers, I have to believe it is more than vapor.

- O'Donnell and Ben Kennedy were in charge and the driving forces behind the 2020 schedule changes.

I like Phelps. He tends to want to be as up-front and genuine as possible, and measures his statements from there given his position. He's not a bloviator or self-promoter, and is both relatable and intelligent.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    2 Sweet likes this.
  15. TexasRaceLady

Childress is the guest this week.

16. TexasRaceLady

Richard told some GREAT stories. Including how "hold my watch" came about.
    Dale Jr. related his very first experience driving at Talladega.

superchuck500 and acmerocket like this.
  17. TexasRaceLady

Tomorrow's show ought to be a lot of fun --- the guest is Clint Bowyer. :D

18. TexasRaceLady

superchuck500 likes this.
  19. TexasRaceLady

Mike Davis‏Verified account @MikeDavis88

Enjoy this grande cup of Clint — it’s stronger than coffee. Actually it’s a step away from a Surgeon General’s warning.

Can't wait until this afternoon to see the show.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  20. racer8

racer8 Team Owner

Clint was very funny. I like this show more every week

21. Switchback

Switchback Team Owner

I haven't listened to this one yet but I really like most of these. Richard childress and Jeff Gordon have been the best so far imo. It's very interesting getting to peek inside the curtain.

22. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Clint Bowyer is a freaking riot

Bobw likes this.
  23. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

I agree with others who posted above... the Dale Jr. Download TV show is among the very best sports "shoulder programming" out there. Has a very genuine vibe, and many great guests. Making the podcast into a weekly TV show was a brilliant idea.

It's just my opinion, but the last episode with Clint Bowyer was tiring and kinda stupid. The dude spent the entire hour talking about getting drunk and describing hangovers. Is that all there is for him? JMO.

AuzGrams likes this.
  24. nitetrain

nitetrain Crew Chief

I guess no one heard what I think was a major confession from Bowyer.

He said that today's cars will not spin out and are to easy to drive. He said something about the bumpers lining up and actually when you touch another car it helps to straighten it out.

Bowyer said his suggestion for the new cars is that they be able to wreck. He said to Dale Jr. remember when you would watch qualifying and at least one car would lose their ass. He said especially at Texas and Richmond. Dale agreed with Clint that seeing qualifying and racing be on the edge hasn't been that way in years.
    So I guess that is a window into what the drivers think of this package and style of racing.

25. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Will Power was this week's guest, man that dude seems super chill and just all around awesome.

I need to see these photos that Dale Jr. used to help him determine that the car he got at auction was actually Sr's. Unreal.

26. TexasRaceLady

His excitement was over the top. Had me laughing at the joy in his voice.
    And I'd LOVE to see those pics, too.

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  27. superchuck500

superchuck500 Team Owner

Best podcast out there! Love it

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  28. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

I have all of them on my DVR, best show on dealing with the sport of racing and all in a laid back atmosphere and no one screaming, great show.

I agree with @LewTheShoe , Clint did not bring his A game to this interview, but, it was still enjoyable.

A A on race hub drives me nuts with his constant hollering, very irritating.

LewTheShoe and AdoubleU24 like this.
  29. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

I prefer Mr. Alexander to that goon that wears plaid over on NASCAR America any day.

30. TexasRaceLady

Dale Jr. did post this --
    [​IMG]

Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
    Here is the drive shaft hoop. It’s a simple design that to me doesn’t really look all that remarkable, but uncle Robert says he is 100% sure that’s the hoop we watched dad make.
    He's also posted some of the other pics he talked about on the podcast. Including the crooked radio mount. And the ball peen hammer marks on the floor pan.

31. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

32. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

2 Sweet likes this.
  33. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

To each his own. :D

34. hidesert cowboy

hidesert cowboy Team Owner

ok I have to say it, the dale jr download is one heck of a show. Jr never fails to bring out something inciteful that we as fans never knew. "all I got was a pair of boots" seriously I almost no joke shed a tear. This was what dale jr got when his dad passed away. Its a wonder dale jr could ever stand next to Teresa for anything after that. The story about the car is flat out amazing, its really cool that dale jr is even pictured in the car as a kid.

35. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

It seems as he gets older he opens up and shares a little bit more about he and his dad's relationship and just everything that went on before and after his passing. I respect the hell out of him for that, because he doesn't have to do that for us, but he does anyway.

JohnHill, 2 Sweet and LewTheShoe like this.
  36. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

John Force was a riot on the Download last night.

37. TexasRaceLady

It was funny. I laughed so hard at times that my ribs hurt. Like trying to have a conversation with a blender set on high.

sdj likes this.
  38. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

they lost control of the show fast.great show

39. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Yes they did! LOL

Force is a piece a work for sure.

40. Madman88

Madman88 Crew Chief

is there a wa to watch the full episode rather than just listen to it?