Dale Jr. & family survive plane crash

Thanks for that vid.
My consensus after the briefing: The Pilot came in hot, high & long & tried to stuff it in on short tarmac he should have spooled the engines after the first bounce for a go around or better yet aborted for a go around before touch down when he was long = Pilot error & very fortunate for everyone involved to have survived.

Reactions: Pat
I see a couple pilots that are looking for employment. Maybe they can pick up some work crop dusting.

has dale jr said anything publicly about the experience of the accident. I understand he doesn't want to get into the why of it. but has he said it scared the crap out of him or anything?

They will be flying him again, they are excellent pilots.

My guess is Amy will be calling the shots on that one. No matter how good they might be, if Amy doesn't feel comfortable with them, they will be flying somebody else.

They will be flying him again, they are excellent pilots.
I guess that works if you go by any landing is a good one you can walk away from. Meanwhile, I wouldn't trust my family with them again and my 17 million dollar airplane.

I guess that works if you go by any landing is a good one you can walk away from. Meanwhile, I wouldn't trust my family with them again and my 17 million dollar airplane.
I would, btw, no one knows what happened yet and I heard Jr and others praise his pilots.

I would, btw, no one knows what happened yet and I heard Jr and others praise his pilots.
nonsense, as the clip #85 says "two very experienced pilots making a bad landing, attempting a go around and then changing their mind. One of the worse case scenario's on a short runway in a high performance aircraft".

Approx 80% of all aviation crashes are caused by pilot error.

People make mistakes ... particularly in highly stressful situations.

I knew they wadded up a perfectly good airplane when I heard they bounced, twice, on a 4500 ft strip.

A prudent pilot with flap, gear or engine issues wouldn’t have gone into a field that short. That rules out equipment.

nonsense, as the clip #85 says "two very experienced pilots making a bad landing, attempting a go around and then changing their mind. One of the worse case scenario's on a short runway in a high performance aircraft".
Might be nonsense to you but what I said stands, and who is this guy and what are his credentials compared to the pilots in question? The pilot had over 5,000 hours in that type of aircraft and the co pilot had over 10,000 hours total flight time. They werent rookies and have been flying Jr for a while. And to clarify, the guy making the video said "bad landing" not the NTSB and also when a go round was tried the "aircraft didnt not respond" which could mean a lot of things. So bottom line, when Jr fires up his new airplane we will see who is behind the stick

Approx 80% of all aviation crashes are caused by pilot error.

People make mistakes ... particularly in highly stressful situations.
We were running our power steering unit off of the drive shaft at the rear wheels of the car and the belt kept jumping off, so I took the right rear off and grabbed the wheel studs( wide 5) and proceeded to turn it quickly while I watched the belt, well my thumb ended up getting caught between the caliper and the rotor and stopped the rear end dead in its tracks. Needless to say I was hurt quite badly and stumbled my way to the infeild Ambulance where they attempted to stop the bleeding. After about 5 minuets my driver came running down to see what happened, so I told him. He slapped me on the back and said, "you know what the good thing about this is? You'll never do it again".

I knew they wadded up a perfectly good airplane when I heard they bounced, twice, on a 4500 ft strip.

A prudent pilot with flap, gear or engine issues wouldn’t have gone into a field that short. That rules out equipment.
The link posted says they tried the go around after the second bounce and the plane didnt respond properly.

Back
Top Bottom