Damaged Vehicle Policy Changes?

I don't know why it was taken out of the teams' hands in the first place. Was this an issue before a few weeks ago and I somehow missed it?
I think the idea from most folks was that it was a simplied way to cut cost....before it got complicated and implicatious.

I thought the rule was ignorant to start with. You build a car with rub strips in the bottom, put skinny profile tires on it and from the beginning they have had problems with flats on the track. So lets make a blanket rule that any car that can't drive after a wreck has to be pulled into the garage and is out of the race or the fan's infield whatever is convenient.

It sounds to me like they are just going to have more stringent application of the rule that was beyond stupid in the first place. Tow every car car back to the pit, and they either beat the clock or they don't. I doesn't get more simple or fsir than than than that but NASCAR specializes in over complicating everything .

It sounds to me like they are just going to have more stringent application of the rule that was beyond stupid in the first place. Tow every car car back to the pit, and they either beat the clock or they don't. I doesn't get more simple or fsir than than than that but NASCAR specializes in over complicating everything .
The kicker is that the ground crews are going to decide if the car is dead and going to the garage or if it can be fixed in the pits. You know the crew chiefs are not going to let the drivers put the window net down in almost every case no matter what condition the car is in. Who knows how this is going to turn out.

The rule was to stop cars that were beat to **** going back out for points and causing another caution in a lap or two. I can't argue with the thought but it opened up more cans of worm as we have seen. If points are on the line any driver will try and make a lap. If it's a big wreck they can make up 5 or 6 points so you can't blame them. Problem is when they try but fail to make up said lap.

1728684859998.png

Added note... yes the DVP was to cut down on costs... a lesser-known point is that the haulers were approaching the legal weight limit on the highway from all the extra crap they had to bring once teams got into fabricating "sections" of car that could be mounted on in case of a crash.

That said... DVP is stupid and needs serious change. This most recent controversy is one of many issues. After a few "cleaner" years, I've noticed in the past few seasons the teams are putting crap cars hastily thrown back together back on track.

Can’t say I’m on board with that last one. A car may be unable to make it back, but still “easily” repairable within the time allotted under the DVP, e.g. dogbone.
I think in a lot of cases when the dog bone is gone they can flip flop their way to the pits. Two dog bones? I think she's dead.

We aren't going to see Dega damage anyway. The hairpin at 7 they are going to be going a lot slower. That's a really slow turn. After they get strung out it will be a lot of two and three car involvements shall we say. That's what I'm guessing anyway. I think there will be wall shots in 7.

We aren't going to see Dega damage anyway. The hairpin at 7 they are going to be going a lot slower. That's a really slow turn. After they get strung out it will be a lot of two and three car involvements shall we say. That's what I'm guessing anyway. I think there will be wall shots in 7.

Yeah, it's not really an issue again in Daytona.

Back
Top Bottom