Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

IDK what DP's salary was but I am reasonably confident the Nascar gravy train is coming to an end with the exception of some residual value over the next few years.

Yeah, but that will be true for many drivers that remain active.

It sure will as with the dollars associated with sponsorships dropping like rocks there will be some backmarkers that may get 5-10 grand a race. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out and the impact it has on established drivers retiring earlier than expected. I sure can see why Matt Kenseth has no appetite to hang around for pennies on the dollar.

Patrick's reported salary and endorsements. Jr's yearly is higher. Johnson's was 21.8 million in 2016 barly beating Jr's part time season.
2011 12 million
2012 12 million
2013 12.9 million
2014 13.5 million
2015 13.8 million
2016 13.4 million
2017 12.2 million

Patrick's reported salary and endorsements. Jr's yearly is higher. Johnson's was 21.8 million in 2016 barly beating Jr's part time season.
2011 12 million
2012 12 million
2013 12.9 million
2014 13.5 million
2015 13.8 million
2016 13.4 million
2017 12.2 million
Little bit shy of 90 million bucks, that should hold her for awhile I would think if she can't or doesn't want to continue for "pennies on the dollar" :D:p ya can't make this stuff up.:dunce:

Little bit shy of 90 million bucks, that should hold her for awhile I would think if she can't or doesn't want to continue for "pennies on the dollar" :D:p ya can't make this stuff up.:dunce:
Probably closer to 30-40 million after the tax man got his cut , but yes,enough to live on and be somewhat comfortable.

Or are those figures post tax man taking his cut?

Clicked onto her HSN show tonight and it said she'd sold 14,000+ pairs of the "today's special" leggings she first went on air with at midnight today, then was on tv all throughout the day. That girl's reeling in so much cash. Good for her. By how Ricky talked in interviews when it was announced she wasnt returning, she's working almost every day in some capacity.

Between those two, they seem to have their finances, ahem, SET. She says they want to have kids together... better hope they don't want to be drivers... there goes the money.

Don't forget she has the clothing line, workout/diet book coming out, and owns a vineyard/wine company. She said she doesn't race for the money because she doesn't need the money and has made enough, but at some point you'd have to imagine she'd not race for less than what she can make sitting at home working on her other projects.

Clicked onto her HSN show tonight and it said she'd sold 14,000+ pairs of the "today's special" leggings she first went on air with at midnight today, then was on tv all throughout the day. That girl's reeling in so much cash. Good for her. By how Ricky talked in interviews when it was announced she wasnt returning, she's working almost every day in some capacity.

Between those two, they seem to have their finances, ahem, SET. She says they want to have kids together... better hope they don't want to be drivers... there goes the money.
She is from what sounds like very successful in her off track endeavors, she has done very well and making her brand.

Maybe DP can lend some money to all those broke stick and ball players.........:D

Back
Top Bottom