Danicas 500

DP came into the sport with a top team with top equipment, what was Elliot driving before he became Awesome Bill? He drove for his dad and had no sponsership for the first 5 years.
Oh hell yeah, they didn't have anything really until Melling bought the team. After they got that they were a bit successful.

I just want her to produce....on the track. not (re)produce

;)

While she hasn't yet come even close to living up to the hype, I will admit it's still a little early to completely write off her career. Everybody was ready to throw Joey Logano out of NASCAR just a couple years ago, and look where he is now. I don't think Danica's gonna do what Joey's done, but a win or two in her career isn't out of the question.

The difference is Joey was already a proven champion and a consistent winner way before entering the NASCAR elite group.

Danica has never won anything. Or even being consistent at it.

To think she's just going to flip a switch and become this amazing driver in one of the toughest sport to compete and do good at is very unlikely.

Oh and by the way, I know she won a lone race in indy so she won something but in the long scope she hasn't really accomplished a lot.

To put it in perspetive this is her overall starts in both Indy, nationwide and cup series over a period of say 9 or 10 years..

Starts: 259
Wins: 1
Top 5: 8
Top 10: 11? (Guessing podiums counts as this in indy)
Poles: 5
Laps Led: 208

That is putrid. I'm sorry.

Haters gonna hate and dreamers gonna dream. I choose to believe that the results will come. I know that she needs to improve and believe she has it in her. Shes got fire...moxie

Don't get me wrong , I think the world of women . But really , they are all idiots . Not a one of em can drive and they all get far too much attention . Just the other day , one of them said she thought she could drive a race car just because Danica was driving a race car . Well hardy , har , har , jokes on you lady , because Danica can't drive a race car . Geech , women are stupid.

Haters gonna hate and dreamers gonna dream. I choose to believe that the results will come. I know that she needs to improve and believe she has it in her. Shes got fire...moxie
so freak, when do you think this dream will come true?

Don't get me wrong , I think the world of women . But really , they are all idiots . Not a one of em can drive and they all get far too much attention . Just the other day , one of them said she thought she could drive a race car just because Danica was driving a race car . Well hardy , har , har , jokes on you lady , because Danica can't drive a race car . Geech , women are stupid.
were do you meet these woman? did you go for a ride with her? do you think she really could drive a race car?

were do you meet these woman? did you go for a ride with her? do you think she really could drive a race car?

Are you nuts? I'd never get in a car with a woman driving . No sensible male would . They're all awful drivers.

The difference is Joey was already a proven champion and a consistent winner way before entering the NASCAR elite group.

To think she's just going to flip a switch and become this amazing driver in one of the toughest sport to compete and do good at is very unlikely.

Oh and by the way, I know she won a lone race in indy so she won something but in the long scope she hasn't really accomplished a lot.

To put it in perspetive this is her overall starts in both Indy, nationwide and cup series over a period of say 9 or 10 years..

Danica never won anything, then you follow that up by posting her victory in IndyCar.

By the way, there's a difference between racing in IndyCar and racing in Legends cars in Connecticut.

Are you nuts? I'd never get in a car with a woman driving . No sensible male would . They're all awful drivers.
good for you, you made the right choice.no need in taking the chance of having to be cut out of the car or worse. them woman think they can drive, but we know better.

Podium - Top 3

Danica never won anything, then you follow that up by posting her victory in IndyCar.

By the way, there's a difference between racing in IndyCar and racing in Legends cars in Connecticut.

I thought I pointed out what I meant by that. I specifically did so. Yet here you are letting things go over your head.

There is no difference at all. Winning is winning and talent is talent.

Joey overflows with it, Danica barely meets the minimum.

I hate that this is making me seem like a Danica hater but I'm not. I'm just being real here.

You can call me whatever you want.

I thought I pointed out what I meant by that. I specifically did so. Yet here you are letting things go over your head.

I hate that this is making me seem like a Danica hater but I'm not. I'm just being real here.

All opinions are welcomed here. I choose to disagree, but will not be little your opinion. There was a time when Jolo was not winning much even with good equipment.

All I said was bill didn't get his first win until around 100 races. Everyone else went batshirt crazy about it.

I wonder if everyone would go crazy if I said Harry Gant was 40 by the time he completed his first complete Winston Cup Race Season and 42 before he got his first win. No wusses with power steering, cool suits and pit road speeds back then either.

good for you, you made the right choice.no need in taking the chance of having to be cut out of the car or worse. them woman think they can drive, but we know better.

Hey , I'm no woman hater and I hope nobody thinks that for a second . But we have to be real here , they are awful people , they can't drive and they set a bad example for young girls . No way should one be on a race track getting in the way of male race car drivers . Heck , I'd feel the same way if they put a squirrel on a skateboard out there , so it's not just about women.

Hey , I'm no woman hater and I hope nobody thinks that for a second . But we have to be real here , they are awful people , they can't drive and they set a bad example for young girls . No way should one be on a race track getting in the way of male race car drivers . Heck , I'd feel the same way if they put a squirrel on a skateboard out there , so it's not just about women.
I was onboard with bad drivers, not with the awful people that is out of line.

once again this isn't about women hating..but you are continually the one trying to make it so. there isn't a thread talking about the lack of talent with either of the Force women, no Shirley Muldowney, but Jennifer Jo Cobb, Danica, and a couple others are going to draw the heat because they aren't that good. Patrick gets even more because she is driving for a top team and in the top tier in Nascar..most of us think she should be doing a hell of a lot better with what she has to work with..it ain't going to go away Ted, but your dead wrong about the troll you keep throwing out there.

I'm not saying Danica's the best. A fair comparison would be to point out that Danica never won a race in open wheel racing's minor leagues prior to running in the Verizon IndyCar Series. I've used that comparison myself.

It's unfair to write Danica off. The Logano point that was made was that everyone had written him off and then he suddenly became Superman. People were saying he was overhyped and overrated. Now, look. Is Danica as good as Joey? Hell no. But just because she hasn't won a race in two full seasons of Cup racing doesn't mean she's never going to.

And I'm not getting dragged into another debate about whether women can be competitive in racing. If anyone wants to direct snarky remarks my way, they can refer to the third link on my signature and educate themselves first.

:XXROFL:

This Danica debate has really gotten to you, huh Ted?

once again this isn't about women hating..but you are continually the one trying to make it so. there isn't a thread talking about the lack of talent with either of the Force women, no Shirley Muldowney, but Jennifer Jo Cobb, Danica, and a couple others are going to draw the heat because they aren't that good. Patrick gets even more because she is driving for a top team and in the top tier in Nascar..most of us think she should be doing a hell of a lot better with what she has to work with..it ain't going to go away Ted, but your dead wrong about the troll you keep throwing out there.

Hey I'm 100% with you . It isn't about Danica and lord knows , I love all women , but they can't drive a car . If they could drive , I would love it . Don't even try to tell me that the Cope sisters deserve a Sprint Cup trophy , cause no woman should be in racin.

Considering she finished 6th last year and the new rules package "levels the playing field", if Danica has any chance to win it's at Atlanta. Power to her.

Man, I dont agree with you like at all but you got it here brother.

His fake rage was cute at first but you keep doing it enough and its like still? It's been close to two years now. Time to put that club down and the horse buried.

Back
Top Bottom